BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #23
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
ya which is why i wouldnt want someone with 0 feedback bidding on my item. They have no history and you can't tell if they're legit or a scam
exactly... the 'ways to prevent this' is complete bullshit...
you can stop someone with *-2* feedback from bidding, but wtf is the point of that.

ebay needs an overhaul, or at least some real competition....
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #24
uwhusky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 4.0 drive

Garage List
2006 e90 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
is there a way to not allow 0 feedback buyers from bidding or anyone over sees. I put shipping in the US only but still get people from taiwan and shit bidding
You can limit bidders to those who only live in countries to which you ship. That's a good thing to do. It's in your bidder requirements. You can't block people who have 0 FB but you can if they've gone below 0 (-1 or lower). What I do is limit bidders to only those with a Paypal account. This gets rid of the rif raf.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwhusky View Post
You can limit bidders to those who only live in countries to which you ship. That's a good thing to do. It's in your bidder requirements. You can't block people who have 0 FB but you can if they've gone below 0 (-1 or lower). What I do is limit bidders to only those with a Paypal account. This gets rid of the rif raf.

This is why ebay is a joke...the only even REMOTE way (that still doesn't even work) to keep scammers and crappers out is to partner up with their OTHER company.

I cannot understate how much I hate the ebay/paypal combo.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #26
E92murdered
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

i am kind of confused you got a payment from paypal and it was fake? how does that work??
      10-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #27
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92murdered View Post
i am kind of confused you got a payment from paypal and it was fake? how does that work??
I've had that happen a couple of times but paypal are pretty fast at figuring it out (or they have for me). I usually get the emails from eBay too telling me not to ship if I haven't already. Plus nowadays there is buyers protection.

What happens is somebody steals a CC #, creates a throwaway email account, paypal account and eBay account then goes after all the items they can quickly resell until they get blocked. Interstate policing is pretty hard to do and the FBI won't investigate anything less than $10,000 so most of the time it goes unpunished.

Few years ago I had someone do it on an XBOX 360, I had the guys address, managed to dig around and get his phone number, I called him (somewhere in Missouri) he answered, laughed, told me go to F myself. I called my local cops. No jurisdiction. I called the cops in his town and they told me to come in and file a report, told them I was down in New Mexico and couldn't, they basically said come in and file or do nothing. Joke!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 01:23 AM   #28
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

Wow, fuck ebay. I just sold my canon camera on a 7 day listing. I had 12 bidders and the mother fucker who won did the whole "We recently learned that someone was using an account to bid on items without the account owner's permission. For this reason, we have canceled all bids on the following listing:"

bullshit, now I have to relist it and I really need that money.