Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skys the limit View Post
I drive my car hard and unlike you I'm not referring to parking lot. Fast on the streets and slow in the parking lots
I'm surprised, then, that the modified and lowered i8 you drive hard has not had any front end problems. Thank you for setting me straight.
If we lived in a world without problems, then we would never find solutions...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #68
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e Copper i8 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
To problems of our own making...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #69
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
To problems of our own making...
Touche'
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #70
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
I am on board with the tesla philosophy that electric cars can look high end and don't have to be econobox ugly.
Tesla? Really? Have you seen one of those things up-close? Hood flexing at highway speeds (and I don't think that's an aerodynamic design feature), huge and irregular panel gaps, wannabe-classy but plasticky and empty interior, ...

Or is it all about show? Then why even start with a real car, and not just with a body shell? What's the point of "individualizing" if the things works less well as a result? Is your need to be "different" that profound. Just for the sake of it?

Then why not get piercings for your eyelids? That would make you different. Who cares that you'd go blind as a result? It's all about being an individual, right?
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #71
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
🎼🎶 "So, you put wheels on a car. That don't impress me much ..." 🎶

Lame. Sorry. Looks like desparately wanting to be the first ones out of the gate and making a mess of it in the process.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #72
Murph335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 N54 e90, '10 N54 e93, TBSS

Garage List
2015 Tesla P85D  [0.00]
$
      05-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #73
WadeM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3

Can't we all just get along. IND is a aftermarket shop, they are doing what they are supposed to do. Just leave it that. No need to get on your soap box and tell people it's wrong because it's not your thing.
Just move on to the next thread and have a great day.
Appreciate 2
      05-25-2015, 11:18 AM   #74
chipotle_napkins
Demoted lol
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Porsche soon (: Sowy

This may be off topic but Audi actually created synthetic gas that burns cleanly and is 100 octane

Last edited by chipotle_napkins; 05-25-2015 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2015, 12:51 PM   #75
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropixel View Post
This may be off topic but Audi actually created synthetic gas that burns cleanly and is 100 octane ))
Anything to break up the contentious reaction flowing from this thread is a subtle and a well intentioned thought. Your levity, which I attempted to do, is appreciated. After all, we are all enthusiasts of BMW, first and foremost.

So as to not displease others, I will try and bring this response back to the original thread. I got a chance to see the IND mods and they appear to be made from top quality manufacturers. While I'm not feeling it for any i8 modifications (except for some interior stuff), I can see how they can enhance some of the BMWs and Mercs I use to drive. Especially for the Mercs as I've always felt their brakes had a tendency to overheat prematurely when driven hard.

Last edited by YWGT3; 05-25-2015 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #76
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 ///M4

Why do people have to hate for? Stop hating! I don't see none of you guys creating shit for cars! I have been buying from IND for years and they never disappoint! Great product and customer service if needed! I think it's a great idea what they are doing! People with i8's and i3's might want to change it up a bit and be different, IND offers that! Why should they be left out lol!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #77
4er_Meister
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeM
Can't we all just get along. IND is a aftermarket shop, they are doing what they are supposed to do. Just leave it that. No need to get on your soap box and tell people it's wrong because it's not your thing.
Just move on to the next thread and have a great day.
I agree with you on that!!! People got shit to say about everything man.. Like they are providing aftermarket stuff for cars themselves... I love IND's stuff, I think they are the best for the BMW in vanity products if you ask me!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 07:21 PM   #78
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Looks really really good! Can't wait to get an i8
      06-02-2015, 06:40 AM   #79
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25 X3 AW

Garage List

love the cars.
      06-02-2015, 06:55 AM   #80
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Whilst I personally dislike all the changes they have made, I am very glad to see there are companies doing these things.

I like modified cars normally, but it really depends on the modification and the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #81
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4er_Meister View Post
Why do people have to hate for? Stop hating! I don't see none of you guys creating shit for cars! I have been buying from IND for years and they never disappoint! Great product and customer service if needed! I think it's a great idea what they are doing! People with i8's and i3's might want to change it up a bit and be different, IND offers that! Why should they be left out lol!?!?!
I maintain, preserve, and drive classic cars. Just over 2'000 ever made of one of them, maybe 200 still alive world-wide. A lot of them have been lost to slamming, tuning, widening, race-outfitting, engine-overboring, whatever. Original substance lost. Gone. Try to find an original 635 CSi or 2002 tii, for instance. I'm not hating - I'm stating.

I guess I should be grateful - makes my originals more rare and valuable. I preserve them for the generation after me. But other than that, you're right - I don't do shit for cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 09:44 PM   #82
halfpast3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY16 535i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Cool stuff IND.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 02:10 AM   #83
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
I must say, some of the comments in this thread are beyond ridiculous. It's as if BMW has greenwashed some i8 owners and turned them into environmentalist hippies. Since when did owning a hybrid sports car involve going around waving fingers at people over "carbon credits" and "efficiency" and spewing green propaganda? Reminds me of a few years ago, when the Prius craze was running rampant, and a certain group of Prius owners took it upon themselves to take drivers of "gas-guzzlers" on guilt trips and remind everyone on the road just how big of a favor they where doing the world, allegedly. Let's not forget this isn't exactly a 100% emissions-free eco trolley. It's supposed to be a niche sports car that balances performance and efficiency. I can understand, to a certain extent, the concerns of some over the effects that these modifications may have on the driving dynamics of the car. I would expect them to be minor, if anything, but ultimately the only person who should actually care about such things is the person tasked with driving that particular car. Not to mention that, for the most part, these modifications are minor and easily reversible. Some are acting like someone glued an anvil to the roof of these cars. I for one will be modifying my i8 as I see fit and will please my personal taste. I respect the vision BMW had when conceiving this car and certainly will not be trying to purposely undo their work but as it is my personal vehicle I will be customizing to fit my personality, as is my right as the owner. Hopefully most will respect that and be tolerant, although I do expect some to chime in even with what music they feel I should play in the car to stay true to its "spirit" and maximize my MPG. Naturally I will disregard those comments. Anyways, good job to IND as always. I will continue to be a customer.

P.S. As for the user referring to people who lower their cars as "poseurs" I will say this much. My current daily driver is lowered and on wider aftermarket wheels. I've put 20+k miles on the car in 20 months of ownership, many which have been from multiple rallies and track events. If there is anything my car can do, I've done it. I drive my car as hard as anyone could and certainly did not chose any modifications to "pose". Granted there can be adverse effects when tinkering with things such as the OEM suspensions, but there can also be benefits (e.g. My car has greatly reduced body roll and some improvement in grip since I modified the suspension and wheel setup). If I were to chose to make similar modifications to the i8, it would be for my personal satisfaction, not seeking admiration from anyone else. If in the process I loose .0856 MPG, so be it. Hope the penguins can forgive me.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0