BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Closed Thread

02-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #441
M3Post
Supreme Allied Commander DDE
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red '08 E92 M3 - DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
You know what? I feel abused by Mark the admin who had closed the "Refugees" thread by detecting some "radical" posts or similar. His advice was to change over to some skin or nazi forums instead. As a German I take this actually as offended by this advice and had expected some further explanations. No, this is no mimimimimi, but for what should I post further an open opinion when the administration just acts like a censor?
I feel for you Dang3r. In his closing of the 'Our refugees' thread - and successful attempt to control free speech on his internet - the moderator named Mark has claimed for him self the power and authority of Minister of Truth, in just the same construct as presented in George Orwell's famous book 1984.

The moderator named Mark suggested those he judged as transgressors to post instead on Nazi Skinhead forums. But wait a minute, wasn't it also the Nazis who limited free speech? So in effect the moderator named Mark is acting as a Nazi himself.

NAZI PROPAGANDA AND CENSORSHIP

Once they succeeded in ending democracy and turning Germany into a one-party dictatorship, the Nazis orchestrated a massive propaganda campaign to win the loyalty and cooperation of Germans. The Nazi Propaganda Ministry, directed by Dr. Joseph Goebbels, took control of all forms of communication in Germany: newspapers, magazines, books, public meetings, and rallies, art, music, movies, and radio. Viewpoints in any way threatening to Nazi beliefs or to the regime were censored or eliminated from all media.

Now he probably won't like this post either, but IMO he needs to think very carefully before acting as the thought police and thoroughly review the legal constructs of the forum member agreement verbiage we all agreed to when joining, as well as the forum posting rules - which are here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/announcement.php?f=72&a=2
Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/HARROP Supercharger/SSP Spec-R clutch discs/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/Pipercross Air Filter/LUX H8 180/NGK Racing Iridium R2556B-9/BPM Sport Stage II/BPM Sport DCT/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Guide Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/ Motul 600/Tint/APEX SM-10 18X11 ET44 + 12mm Spacers/APEX 75mm Stud Kit/

Last edited by M3Post; 02-12-2016 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 5
      02-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #442
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
How did I even find this and where to even start...

It IS appalling, but I think you need to objectively reexamine the root causes of this level of deadly force. To say that this is "without cause" is absolutely simplistic in its thinking and just so far beneath what I would have given you as a department head with 1,200 staff, that it's kinda forced me to reconsider your ability to process and analyze.

My ability to think and analyze is fully in tact. I am a multi-national businessman who has managed billion dollar contracts. I am also a trained sociologist who understands group dynamics better than you and most other people. The ability to think and reason and analyze is not limited to one's sphere of expertise. I am compensated for my ability to think and execute better than 98% of the people in this country. Please never make such a ridiculous statement without knowing with whom you are dealing.

And you're speaking from experience? A cop buddy? Law & Order? What does a cell phone look like in the dark?

The former chief of police in my city is a close friend. He agrees. PM and I will tell you his name. I am a former lobbyist and VERY connected in multiple states. Before I arrived home I was at Sullivan's with the head of a protective detail and 3 other high ranking L-E Officials PM Me and I will send you a pic of one of their cards. Again, please never make a ridiculous and condescending statement without knowing with whom you are dealing.

Deescalation is always the first course of action and it may be verbal or employing the use of deadly force.

Agreed. The first reasonable thing I've responded to here.

Maybe there's another issue with resistance to authority or maybe a lack of respect for life, institution, and tolerance. Maybe the question is why little Johnny badass is carrying a gun or dressing like a banger. Maybe we're glorifying violence and the thug culture?

There are lots of reasons. I am discussing a single systemic problem that is easier to address than the manifold variables you just mentioned. If you are going to solve a manifold problem do you attack the variable that you can control or a group of variable that are outside of your span of control? I think and hope that you know the answer.

Maybe the whole law enforcement-race relations argument is not so much a cause, but a consequence.
See the above answer.

Please understand that I am 100 percent pro-law enforcement. I also recognize a problem when I see it and recognition of a problem is the first step to solve it.

Cheers-mk

P.S. You are correct on my comment, 'without cause'. It would be stated more eloquently as, 'without consistent cause'. I apologize for the exhaustive statement.

Last edited by MKSixer; 02-12-2016 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #443
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Being a black cop who grew up in the hoods of Los Angeles, I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
I thank you for your service and dedication. I respect your opinion and appreciate your reasonable response.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #444
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Apparently the stats by race for cop killings are very incomplete, and therefore very inconclusive:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ty-d/?page=all
They are extremely fragmented and not collected in the UCR.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 09:51 PM   #445
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
You know what? I feel abused by Mark the admin who had closed the "Refugees" thread by detecting some "radical" posts or similar. His advice was to change over to some skin or nazi forums instead. As a German I take this actually as offended by this advice and had expected some further explanations. No, this is no mimimimimi, but for what should I post further an open opinion when the administration just acts like a censor?
Yep , undoubtedly my thread "Our refugees" will be deleted soon
      02-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #446
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yep , undoubtedly my thread "Our refugees" will be deleted soon
I was worried you were not going to post on this. This is no time to go silent friend.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 10:10 PM   #447
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer
Quote:
Apparently the stats by race for cop killings are very incomplete, and therefore very inconclusive:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...ty-d/?page=all
They are extremely fragmented and not collected in the UCR.
So how do you definitively make your conclusion that law enforcement kills more minorities than whites, if the stats are not there to support it? The best source says 25% of the killings do not list the race of the deceased - wouldn't that skew any conclusion?
      02-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #448
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
I feel for you Dang3r. In his closing of the 'Our refugees' thread - and successful attempt to control free speech on his internet - the moderator named Mark has claimed for him self the power and authority of Minister of Truth, in just the same construct as presented in George Orwell's famous book 1984.

The moderator named Mark suggested those he judged as transgressors to post instead on Nazi Skinhead forums. But wait a minute, wasn't it also the Nazis who limited free speech? So in effect the moderator named Mark is acting as a Nazi himself.

NAZI PROPAGANDA AND CENSORSHIP

Once they succeeded in ending democracy and turning Germany into a one-party dictatorship, the Nazis orchestrated a massive propaganda campaign to win the loyalty and cooperation of Germans. The Nazi Propaganda Ministry, directed by Dr. Joseph Goebbels, took control of all forms of communication in Germany: newspapers, magazines, books, public meetings, and rallies, art, music, movies, and radio. Viewpoints in any way threatening to Nazi beliefs or to the regime were censored or eliminated from all media.

Now he probably won't like this post either, but IMO he needs to think very carefully before acting as the thought police and thoroughly review the legal constructs of the forum member agreement verbiage we all agreed to when joining, as well as the forum posting rules - which are here:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/announcement.php?f=72&a=2
Massive respect to you DrFerry!

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"

Mark Twain

Last edited by Lone Star M3; 02-12-2016 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 3
      02-12-2016, 10:33 PM   #449
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer
Quote:
Being a black cop who grew up in the hoods of Los Angeles, I wholeheartedly disagree with you.
I thank you for your service and dedication. I respect your opinion and appreciate your reasonable response.
Just here to help. I just haven't seen anything here in Cali to support the rantings by the media regarding the unfair targeting of blacks. I'm not suggesting that it doesn't ever happen, but it's not as pervasive as the BLM Movement and the media would have us believe.
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2016, 10:40 PM   #450
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 3
      02-13-2016, 04:25 AM   #451
Hooter
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
How would you perform background checks on someone coming from Syria, Sudan, and other places that have no infrastructure, and no record keeping systems?
Because the bleeding heart liberal politicians have "special powers" to look at you and tell if your a terrorist......

Look at Europe and you'll see the result of weak, ineffective government. Swarms of young male migrants roaming the streets. No go areas in migrant camps for cops (WTF), sexual violence increasing, destruction of property and this is just the start. IS have told Europe they are sending their jihadists disguised as migrants. And still the weak ineffective, hand wringing liberal politicians do? Nothing.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #452
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
So how do you definitively make your conclusion that law enforcement kills more minorities than whites, if the stats are not there to support it? The best source says 25% of the killings do not list the race of the deceased - wouldn't that skew any conclusion?
The same way one comes to a reasonable conclusion about the population of the planet: Take a statistical sample and extrapolate. Do you think they count every single person on the planet and come up with a number? If in the US the census bureau consistently undercounts the population do you think that it is unreasonable to believe that the aforementioned statistic (LE kills of minorities) is underreported?

All that not withstanding I ask you to consider this: The number 1. If there a single incident that is unjust is it unreasonable to examine the entire enterprise?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #453
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
No problem! I just haven't seen anything here in Cali to support the rantings by the media regarding the unfair targeting of blacks. I'm not suggesting that it doesn't ever happen, but it's not as pervasive as the BLM Movement and the media would have us believe.
You're welcome!
And please understand that I am not saying targeting. And thanks again for your insider's perspective and clarity!!

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread