BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #23
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
She did a good job while with McCain at rallies and her first speech she ever gave fired up a lot of people.

Not saying she's a good person or an intelligent person, she's an idiot, just saying that if she actually puts effort into it, she can deliver a speech that moves her audience...who are likely also idiots.
Speeches are just lip service.

I believe McCain would've won if he had selected a better running mate.

Yeah, Palin; the one who blamed Obama for her son's misbehavior.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 11:57 PM   #24
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L
Quote:
She did a good job while with McCain at rallies and her first speech she ever gave fired up a lot of people.

Not saying she's a good person or an intelligent person, she's an idiot, just saying that if she actually puts effort into it, she can deliver a speech that moves her audience...who are likely also idiots.

That's not exactly correct. Here's what Palin said:

"And it makes me realize, more than ever, it is now or never, for the sake of America's finest, that we have that commander-in-chief who will respect them and honor them," she said.

"You deserve someone who will treat veterans better than illegal immigrants in America," she added.
      02-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #25
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post

I think her comments about that were taken out of context. I think she was making a broad point about the lack of care and the abysmal state of the VA and its ability to assist veterans.

I roll my eyes at about 99% of the things that come out of that idiot's mouth, but that one was a heartfelt and personal response from a mother and I agree with her.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2016, 03:49 PM   #26
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think her comments about that were taken out of context. I think she was making a broad point about the lack of care and the abysmal state of the VA and its ability to assist veterans.

I roll my eyes at about 99% of the things that come out of that idiot's mouth, but that one was a heartfelt and personal response from a mother and I agree with her.
I understand the connection.

How ever true Palin's comments are, she failed to tell the whole story. And this is so typical during campaigning. And the point is, our veterans have been suffering from over use and poor response from the VA since at least 2001:

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...blems-soldiers

So yes, I agree that Obama should be doing a whole lot more for our fine military folks. But, the system has had some serious shortcomings for a very, very long time.

All of this brings me to this thought: Did Track Palin ever seek help... from anyone? VA? His own shrink?

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #27
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I understand the connection.

How ever true Palin's comments are, she failed to tell the whole story. And this is so typical during campaigning. And the point is, our veterans have been suffering from over use and poor response from the VA since at least 2001:

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...blems-soldiers

So yes, I agree that Obama should be doing a whole lot more for our fine military folks. But, the system has had some serious shortcomings for a very, very long time.

All of this brings me to this thought: Did Track Palin ever seek help... from anyone? VA? His own shrink?
Completely agree that the VA has been awful and mismanaged for years - which is a national embarrassment. When all the crap came out in 2013 (or so) that led to the dismissal/resignation of the General over the VA (General Shinseki), it wasn't widely reported that the people under him who ran the facilities were civilian employees, and Union members, who could not be fired for the state of their facilities. Shinseki took the hit, and all those people are still in place. And it's still a mess.

I doubt that Track Palin's medical history is available to anyone, including his mother - so we probably won't know.
      02-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #28
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Completely agree that the VA has been awful and mismanaged for years - which is a national embarrassment. When all the crap came out in 2013 (or so) that led to the dismissal/resignation of the General over the VA (General Shinseki), it wasn't widely reported that the people under him who ran the facilities were civilian employees, and Union members, who could not be fired for the state of their facilities. Shinseki took the hit, and all those people are still in place. And it's still a mess.

I doubt that Track Palin's medical history is available to anyone, including his mother - so we probably won't know.
I neglected to mention my own experiences with the VA and that of my old buddies I served with in Vietnam.

My local VA clinic has treated me like a king. Good service and the entire staff is very respectful. Same for my old buddies. They have all reported good service, plus their VA disability rating awards have been generous. In addition, I suggested to my brother last year (an Air Force veteran) that he apply to the VA for his health care after his employer stopped offering health insurance. Bingo. His local VA accepted him in only 3 days. It took me 6 weeks. And he told me that his care has been top notch ever since.

So my conclusion is that the quality of VA service to our very deserving veterans is all over the map. Hit and miss.

In the end of course, it is incumbent on the veteran to apply for care and benefits. Speaking just for myself, it does take some effort and patience.

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #29
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post

I neglected to mention my own experiences with the VA and that of my old buddies I served with in Vietnam.

My local VA clinic has treated me like a king. Good service and the entire staff is very respectful. Same for my old buddies. They have all reported good service, plus their VA disability rating awards have been generous. In addition, I suggested to my brother last year (an Air Force veteran) that he apply to the VA for his health care after his employer stopped offering health insurance. Bingo. His local VA accepted him in only 3 days. It took me 6 weeks. And he told me that his care has been top notch ever since.

So my conclusion is that the quality of VA service to our very deserving veterans is all over the map. Hit and miss.

In the end of course, it is incumbent on the veteran to apply for care and benefits. Speaking just for myself, it does take some effort and patience.
That's great to hear.
      03-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #30
jt335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i Monaco blue

It doesn't matter who the running mate will be or who we citizens vote for president. Our vote in the presidential election is totally worthless, unless we are an Electoral College voter.
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #31
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

Trump/Bloomberg, after the honeymoon is over and it becomes real, Trump, will trade in his new job like he did his wives before and we will have a real president.
Or
HRC/ Bloomberg, after she gets arrested for the email issue again we get a real president.
I am good with either cenario.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 12:09 AM   #32
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt335i
It doesn't matter who the running mate will be or who we citizens vote for president. Our vote in the presidential election is totally worthless, unless we are an Electoral College voter.
The Electoral College serves a very valuable purpose. Without it, voters in NY and CA would elect every president, every time. The rest of us would be completely ignored.