BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Just When You Though The NYT Could Not Get Any More Crazier

The Clown World publication strikes again. I know some of you will say "but this is an opinion piece".... Yes it is an opinion piece but it still had to have been approved by the editors at the NYT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/26/o...ol-racism.html

The NYT requires you to subscribe to read this diarreha so here is an article that has the original NYT article in it.

https://vdare.com/posts/nyt-south-as...s-are-to-blame

In a nut shell to Indian boys urinate on a black girl but whiteness is to blame.

Instead of asking what the boys’ reported racial identity tells us about the nature of the attack, we should see the boys as enacting American whiteness through anti-black assault in a very traditional way. In doing so, the assailants are demonstrating how race is a social construct that people make through their actions. They show race in the making, and show how race is something we perform, not just something we are in our blood or in the color of our skin.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #2
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

The NYT even in the description of the piece states thatís it takes it upon itself to publish diverse thoughts.
The piece is written by a published author and is thought provoking even stressing maybe, butís it well written and makes the Times diverse.

The second link u provided, the guy is a total pinhead. Just the way he presents his critique suggest he lacks the ability to author a publishable rebuttal.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #3
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
The NYT even in the description of the piece states that’s it takes it upon itself to publish diverse thoughts.
The piece is written by a published author and is thought provoking even stressing maybe, but’s it well written and makes the Times diverse.

The second link u provided, the guy is a total pinhead. Just the way he presents his critique suggest he lacks the ability to author a publishable rebuttal.

Replace whiteness with blackness and the paper and its writer would be damn near lynched. Just because something is well written does not mean it is not utter shit.
Appreciate 3
N54Yankee1637.50
lab_rat208.00

10-30-2019, 05:41 PM   #4
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Replace whiteness with blackness and the article and its writer would be damn near lynched.
I think due to history blacks get some special accommodations on these types of assessments, and a well written rebuttal to the article is something the Times would possibly publish.

Actually Iím probably well below average intelligence I really couldnít make sense of what the black author was trying to convey.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

lollll.

this was my high school and where i grew up. sounds just too unbelievable. the urinating is simply being spread from a Facebook post. a fucking facebook post written by a middle schooler. How does one get urinated on; were they held down. was it from the top. seems like a few more details needed. so obvs this is the schoolyard story blown into national news.

furthermore the two kids are on video saying the n-word and a school full of bleachers dont do anything.

let me tell you something, if I said the n-word in school(SAME School) i would have likely been beaten to a pulp. so lots of details missing from the story. There was a brawl in the lunch room ~2004 polish vs black. chairs thrown; people hospitalized. not a peep out of the media. flash forward to now; and words are a crime. people just selectively get mad about things. makes fragile fucking people. but hey wouldnt that distract you from

https://www.nj.com/mercer/2019/10/po...ower-suit.html

I've read the the lawsuit and I received a cell phone ticket right after one of the meetings where the sergeant pushed the quota. LOL; cops are totally bullies in my town. i honestly don't get bothered but I grew up with them; and their spewing racist comments toward me in HS. now they enforce the law; funny how that goes.

the homecoming game; police were on the scene and notified and the police failed to act. this is huge in my town currently but just goes to show. Law is not order anymore; just what people choose to get mad about

crazy how this article has found its way to bimmerpost

I've stayed out of all discussion on on local fb groups because people will put me on a spike for being biased. but im just saying if you read the facts and just watch the video. you get a 10 second clip of two kids saying the n word; thats it. someone will probably key my car just because of all this

Last edited by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY; 10-30-2019 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0