BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

09-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #1
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE

Garage List
Exclamation Kanye West for president 2020?

Your thoughts?

(Obviosuly this would make more sense to you if you had watched the MTV Video Music Awards)
      09-01-2015, 12:47 AM   #2
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

I'm still laughing about this!

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 12:52 AM   #3
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
The full speech, for those lucky people who missed it,

"Bro. Bro. Listen to the kids. Jeremy, I gotta put it down for a second. It's beautiful—Jeremy Scott, the designer. First of all, thank you, Taylor, for being so gracious and giving me this award this evening. Thank you. And I often think back to the first day I met you, also. You know, I think about, when I'm in the grocery store with my daughter and I have a really great conversation about fresh juice at—you know. And at the end, they say, 'Oh, you're not that bad after all.' And like, I think about it sometimes—like, it crosses my mind a little when I go to a baseball game and 60,000 people boo me. Crosses my mind a little bit.

"And I think if I had to do it all again, what would I have done? Would I have worn a leather shirt? Would I have drank half a bottle of Hennessy and gave the rest of it to the audience? Y'all know y'all drank that bottle, too. If I had a daughter at that time, would I have went onstage and grabbed the mic from someone else's?

"You know, this arena, tomorrow, it's gonna be a completely different setup, some concert, something like that. This stage will be gone. After that night, the stage was gone, but the effect that it had on people remained. The... [long pause] the problem was, the contradiction. The contradiction is, I do fight for artists. But in that fight I somehow was disrespectful to artists. I didn't know how to say the right thing, the perfect thing. I just—I sat at the Grammys and saw Justin Timberlake and Cee-Lo lose. Gnarls Barkley, and the FutureLove [sic] 'SexyBack' album—and bro, Justin, I ain't trying to put you on blast, but I saw that man and tears, bro. You know, and I was thinking like, he deserved to win Album of the Year. And this small box that we are, as the entertainers of the evening, how could you explain that? Sometimes I feel like, you know, all this shit they run about beefs and all that, sometimes I feel like I died for the artist's opinion. For the artist to be able to have an opinion after they were successful.

"I'm not no politician, bro. And look at that. You know how many times MTV ran that footage again, because it got them more ratings? You know how many times they announced Taylor was going to give me the award? Because it got them more ratings? [long pause]

"Listen to the kids, bro!

"I still don't understand awards shows. I don't understand how they get five people who work their entire life, one, sell records, sell concert tickets, to come, stand on a carpet, and for the first time in their life be judged on the chopping block and have the opportunity to be considered a loser. I don't understand it, bro. I don't understand when the biggest album or the biggest video—I don't understand it, bro. I just wanted people to like me more. But fuck it, bro! 2015. I will die for the art, for what I believe in. And the art ain't always gonna be polite.

“Y'all might be thinking right now, 'I wonder: Did he smoke something before he came out here?' The answer is yes, I rolled up a little something. I knocked the edge off. [long pause] I don’t know what’s gonna happen tonight. I don’t know what’s gonna happen tomorrow, bro. But all I can say to my artists, my fellow artists: Just worry how you feel at the time, man. Just worry about how you feel and don’t never—know what I’m saying? I’m confident. I believe in myself. We are millennials, bro. This is a new—this is a new mentality. We’re not gonna control our kids with brands. We’re not gonna teach low self-esteem and hate to our kids. We’re gonna teach our kids that they can be something. We’re gonna teach our kids they can stand up for themselves. We're gonna teach our kids to believe in themselves. If my grandfather were here right now, he would not let me back down. I don’t know what I’m gonna lose after this. It don’t matter, though, because it ain’t about me. It’s about ideas, bro. New ideas, people with ideas, people who believe in truth.

"And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020 to run for president."
      09-01-2015, 01:01 AM   #4
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

He's a cartoon character
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #5
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Inb4 tony posts an essay
Appreciate 2
      09-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #6
stealth.pilot
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Sorry I didn't understand the speech. I only understand English not Pigeon.
      09-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Dude needs a shot of Test ASAP. Kanye is always sounding like a cranky chick on her period. If he was president it would be 4 years of bitching and nothing getting done. So it would be exactly like it is now.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2015, 09:22 AM   #8
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You saw what happened to Bruce hanging out with those Kardashians is a bad deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #9
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You saw what happened to Bruce hanging out with those Kardashians is a bad deal.
LMAO.. Yup he's transforming into his daughters; Tranny Prime.. And he/she also crowned him/herself the voice of transgenders every where..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #10
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Dude needs a shot of Test ASAP. Kanye is always sounding like a cranky chick on her period. If he was president it would be 4 years of bitching and nothing getting done. So it would be exactly like it is now.
except more entertaining speeches
first US president to rap his state of the union
      09-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #11
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

I think that if he wants my support in a bid for President, Mr. West is going to need to make more apparent aspects of himself that heretofore have not been seen by me.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #12
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep

Garage List
on another note
Kim Kardashian would be the first lady
      09-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #13
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
except more entertaining speeches
first US president to rap his state of the union
And at that point the rest of the planet will officially write us off as a bunch of retarded ass clowns.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #14
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
And at that point the rest of the planet will officially write us off as a bunch of retarded ass clowns.
Already half way there.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #15
phrozen06
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i Sport Wagon, RIP 08 M3

09-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #16
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
on another note
Kim Kardashian would be the first lady
That could potentially be interesting. Nancy Reagan was the most recent, and IMO, closest thing we've had to a diva as a First Lady. Were Mr. West to demonstrate he deserves to be President and is at least as capable as other recent holders of that job, I'd be curious to see what kind of First Lady Mrs. West would be. In particular,
  • Would she be a total diva?
  • Would she be a champion for humanitarian causes as Presidential wives historically have been?
  • Would she work?
    (Were Mr. West President, she may have to work for the job won't accord him an income capable of supporting the lifestyle to which they are accustomed.....hard to say; I don't know a damn thing about their personal finances, but I do know they have steady sources of very high income and their current lifestyle is one that could conceivably spend it almost as quickly as they earn it.)
  • Would she be a combination of those things, perhaps others?
One thing I observed during the Reagan years is that Americans like glamorous Presidencies. The Wests would undoubtedly bring that to the White House.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #17
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
[photoshopped pic of "fat" Mr. and Mrs. West deleted]
I don't know where that photo came from, but it's funny.

All the best.

Appreciate 1
      09-01-2015, 07:43 PM   #18
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
??? Is there some good reason for thinking Mr. West is a one dimensional dullard? He may express some radical views occasionally, but as an entertainer, that comes with the territory. It generates talk and talk is what keeps folks with jobs like his in business.

One of our most successful Presidents was an entertainer. The skills he brought to the job were instrumental in his building consensus, articulating policies in ways that people could understand, and galvanizing public support.

Reagan was no idiot, but neither was he a genius. He'd been a governor but that's hardly a requirement for being President. He was a leader, usually a good delegator, and people were willing to follow him, largely because of his affability. Mr. Reagan also had reasonably good analytical skills. I see no reason for believing Mr. West lacks those abilities. I am aware he's not publicly demonstrated that he has them, but that doesn't he he doesn't.

At the end of the day, I'm willing to be open minded about Mr. West just as I am about any Presidential hopeful.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #19
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
??? Is there some good reason for thinking Mr. West is a one dimensional dullard? He may express some radical views occasionally, but as an entertainer, that comes with the territory. It generates talk and talk is what keeps folks with jobs like his in business.

One of our most successful Presidents was an entertainer. The skills he brought to the job were instrumental in his building consensus, articulating policies in ways that people could understand, and galvanizing public support.

Reagan was no idiot, but neither was he a genius. He'd been a governor but that's hardly a requirement for being President. He was a leader, usually a good delegator, and people were willing to follow him, largely because of his affability. Mr. Reagan also had reasonably good analytical skills. I see no reason for believing Mr. West lacks those abilities. I am aware he's not publicly demonstrated that he has them, but that doesn't he he doesn't.

At the end of the day, I'm willing to be open minded about Mr. West just as I am about any Presidential hopeful.

All the best.

He's a douche, who thinks he's greater than Jesus (his own comparison) and who claims to be the greatest rapper ever. While his wife is one of the biggest attention whores in America. Well maybe that title now goes to Bruce Jenner but she's a close second. Maybe we need to fuckin stop voting for sell outs and whores who are nothing more than egotistical assholes; and could be very well classified as psychopaths. Instead we should vote for people who don't give a damn about fame but truly want to turn this country around. Choice is yours... Just remember too many stupid decisions and it all collapses like Rome.

Germans where open minded about Hitler. The Russians where open minded about the Bolsheviks. And look how that worked out for everyone.

Last edited by Delta0311; 09-01-2015 at 08:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #20
Sgop335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92, 08 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post

All the best.
Relatively short post from you Tony
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #21
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

This entire thread makes me think one thing and that is ... WTF!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:49 PM   #22
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He's a douche, who thinks he's greater than Jesus (his own comparison) and who claims to be the greatest rapper ever. While his wife is one of the biggest attention whores in America. Well maybe that title now goes to Bruce Jenner but she's a close second. Maybe we need to fuckin stop voting for sell outs and whores who are nothing more than egotistical assholes; and could be very well classified as psychopaths. Instead we should vote for people who don't give a damn about fame but truly want to turn this country around. Choice is yours... Just remember too many stupid decisions and it all collapses like Rome.

Germans where open minded about Hitler. The Russians where open minded about the Bolsheviks. And look how that worked out for everyone.
Were they really and actively open minded, willfully and with eyes wide open, or were they in such a state of abject despair and disgust with their plight, culture and leaders that they were little but apathetically acquiescent about trying something, anything, that was dramatically different?

Without question the matter was not that simple. There was surely, for example, a conflation of factors influencing the citizenry, not the least among them being rank ignorance that was leveraged using political propaganda focused on obfuscatory manipulation and machinations effected by revolutionary leaders' avaricious quest for power, position and money, and, of course, a sincere but unavoidably misguided yearning on the part of the general populace for somethign around with to rally, namely a sense of national pride that, so they believed would filter into and become personal pride as well. Notwithstanding what hindsight has shown us, at the time, I'm sure most folks felt that surely whatever the new paradigm, it could not have been worse. One can only hope that with hindsight, we as a nation don't fall victim to the same imperfect storm of events.

It may be as, you imply, that Mr. West would lead us into similar ill fated winds, but I don't have enough substantive knowledge of the man to draw that conclusion at this time. However, neither have I enough concrete info to make any other germane inferences about what might be any other of his strengths and weaknesses as a political leader.

If you do have enough information to make a credible case one way or the other, I'd be interested in reading it. If, on the other hand, you have but another volley of aspersions to offer, don't bother on my account. That won't help me arrive at a meaningful conclusion and, for better or worse, I already know where you stand, for you were quite clear.

All the best.

Appreciate 0