BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

02-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #353
1smokehouse
Second Lieutenant
Guam
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i DCT

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2013 BMW 128i LE  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausPA View Post
The point is not whether is true or not, the goal is to show how far fetched the stories are from reality and how silly it is for believers to defend a fairy tale just because your parents told you that it is true.

Your religion is not any better than Scientology, Islam, etc... They all need the delusional believer in order to exist.
The Bible never debates God, defends God, nor seeks to prove God; the Bible simply affirms and proclaims God. The Christian’s confession is: Credo in Deum.

To not believe in God is a position that Scripture does not even seek to engage in discussion. It is merely mentioned and dismissed, for debate and dialogue are not the Biblical methods of confronting the atheist. Twice the Scriptures simply and profoundly assert: “The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God’ ” (Ps. 14:1; 53:1). His mind is made up and foolishly relied upon.

The only evidence offered is to them creation itself. “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork” and this declaration and showing occurs day and night: “There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard” (Ps. 19:1-3). Indications of God’s existence are not obscure; they are everywhere.

As a result, deliberately the atheist says: “No God”; deliberately and unhesitatingly God responds: “Fool!”

From our perspective, so obvious are the indications that the person who denies them has no justification for his position. Job says that the beasts, birds, and fish can give testimony that God is and that God acts (Job 12:7-9). Their very existence proclaims His Being. The heavens and the earth are silent and continual testimonies to Him; if they exist, then He must exist. This evidence of creation makes it foolish for anyone to say there is no God (even if we cannot agree on "who" He is), for creation simply confirms what man already knows. All of creation testifies that it has come to be and exists because God is. Statements in Romans, Psalms, and Job are not given as an attempt to win belief on the part of man by rational argument but simply as declarations of fact that even a child can understand. The tenor of Scripture is that the truth of these declarations is obvious; only a fool would think otherwise.

This fool is not an intellectual fool but a moral fool who displays moral foolishness because of the corruption of his nature. This fool is not one who cannot reason, but one who reasons wrongly. It is not that the man does not know but that he rejects obvious knowledge, a rejection anchored in the depravity of his own heart. Knowledge of the true God is also suppressed by the god of this world (2 Cor 4:4). The enemy has convinced him that his way of thinking is logical, reasonable, and intellectual and the bait is pride. Unlike Christians, who are allegedly delusional, irrational, blind, and absurd, atheists often consider themselves utterly rational, sensible people who follow the evidence wherever it leads, even if it leads to destruction. For we already know scripture says "The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those headed for destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense." (1 Cor 1:18). So being called delusional all the time is not that insulting.

// '13 SGM 135i M-Sport DCT PPK //
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2016, 08:46 PM   #354
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue overpriced POS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smokehouse View Post
The Bible never debates God, defends God, nor seeks to prove God; the Bible simply affirms and proclaims God. The Christian’s confession is: Credo in Deum.

To not believe in God is a position that Scripture does not even seek to engage in discussion. It is merely mentioned and dismissed, for debate and dialogue are not the Biblical methods of confronting the atheist. Twice the Scriptures simply and profoundly assert: “The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God’ ” (Ps. 14:1; 53:1). His mind is made up and foolishly relied upon.

The only evidence offered is to them creation itself. “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork” and this declaration and showing occurs day and night: “There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard” (Ps. 19:1-3). Indications of God’s existence are not obscure; they are everywhere.

As a result, deliberately the atheist says: “No God”; deliberately and unhesitatingly God responds: “Fool!”

From our perspective, so obvious are the indications that the person who denies them has no justification for his position. Job says that the beasts, birds, and fish can give testimony that God is and that God acts (Job 12:7-9). Their very existence proclaims His Being. The heavens and the earth are silent and continual testimonies to Him; if they exist, then He must exist. This evidence of creation makes it foolish for anyone to say there is no God (even if we cannot agree on "who" He is), for creation simply confirms what man already knows. All of creation testifies that it has come to be and exists because God is. Statements in Romans, Psalms, and Job are not given as an attempt to win belief on the part of man by rational argument but simply as declarations of fact that even a child can understand. The tenor of Scripture is that the truth of these declarations is obvious; only a fool would think otherwise.

This fool is not an intellectual fool but a moral fool who displays moral foolishness because of the corruption of his nature. This fool is not one who cannot reason, but one who reasons wrongly. It is not that the man does not know but that he rejects obvious knowledge, a rejection anchored in the depravity of his own heart. Knowledge of the true God is also suppressed by the god of this world (2 Cor 4:4). The enemy has convinced him that his way of thinking is logical, reasonable, and intellectual and the bait is pride. Unlike Christians, who are allegedly delusional, irrational, blind, and absurd, atheists often consider themselves utterly rational, sensible people who follow the evidence wherever it leads, even if it leads to destruction. For we already know scripture says "The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those headed for destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense." (1 Cor 1:18). So being called delusional all the time is not that insulting.
Amen.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #355
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1smokehouse View Post

all this is still a STORY BOOK which was used in times to create moral justice. We have something called laws and science now.
      02-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #356
longress
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Clear, concise, easy to understand.... Amen

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #357
Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by longress View Post
Clear, concise, easy to understand.... Amen

Brilliant!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #358
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around....

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #359
GATORB8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [4.75]
I highly recommend a thorough review of http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ for anyone who is interested in biblical accuracy.

I was raised in a strict southern baptist household and brainwashed from a young age. I was already well on my journey out, but reading the bible as annotated on that site hit me like a ton of bricks.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 01:51 PM   #360
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

I would say to you, that you have your POV and I have mine,

Me I'm going to spend eternity with my Lord and Saviour
you on the other hand are going to spend eternity in Hell.

I'll pray for you my brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
all this is still a STORY BOOK which was used in times to create moral justice. We have something called laws and science now.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #361
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

sorry... just wanted to add.

we have 10 laws (the 10 commandments)
and science... God made the world in 6 days (God day's that is, not 24hour human days) and he rested on the 7th right...

Sorry, and you where...slipping into the lake of fire and brimstone... right

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #362
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944

and science... God made the world in 6 days (God day's that is, not 24hour human days) and he rested on the 7th right...

Sorry, and you where...slipping into the lake of fire and brimstone... right

Quote:
See this is why Christians are killing it for me. I'm going to hell and you're going to heaven?

It's a story book to make sure there was no anarchy. Simple as that. It's geographical. Depending on where you were born in those times you followed the book of your region. Why are there so many religions then?

You're probably otherwise an intelligent person in believing an ancient story.

God's 6 days? Everything that's illogical has an illogical reasoning to prove it. Your Lord is no different that Jupiter and Zeus and Aries and whatever other mythical character.

Don't tell me so and so lived to be 500 years old and had 2 children at that age. How is that even possible? Oh again Gods years must be at least 18 human months? So one year is 365+182=547 days. So so and so lived for 750 human years? Gimme a break. That's assuming two children were born at the minimum time it takes humans. But according to you God's 6 days may imply anything. Human 6 years? So back to so and so being 500 years old. Each God's day is one human year. 365 days in one God's day. So one Gods year is human 365 years. Ok, so back to so and so who lived for 500 years. So in human years he was ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED human years old???? lol:

Religion is in itself something you need to believe in for it to even be real. You guys can't even portray Jesus in his portrait correctly.
      02-21-2016, 11:37 PM   #363
dreamingat30fps
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 C7, 2017 F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
I would say to you, that you have your POV and I have mine,

I'll pray for you my brother
Unless one of the other 4,000+ religions is right and yours is wrong...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #364
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

and science...
No, there are 23,000 pages of Federal Laws in the Library of Congress.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 07:59 AM   #365
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, according to your Bible first I'll go to the Hades to wait for final judgement where I can repent of my sins and go to heaven. Read the Bible dude!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #366
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No, according to your Bible first I'll go to the Hades to wait for final judgement where I can repent of my sins and go to heaven. Read the Bible dude!
Is that like when Ancient Aliens come and pick you up in their flying vessel?

Shit, even Ancient Alien believers have better statements to back up their facts
      02-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #367
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86
Quote:
Is that like when Ancient Aliens come and pick you up in their flying vessel?

Shit, even Ancient Alien believers have better statements to back up their facts
you are looking for reason... you won't find it with religious people.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 12:58 AM   #368
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
I didn't read this thread but when I saw the title I thought two things:

1: I bet it's more than slightly serious in here and could therefore use a little humour.

2: Douglas Adams:

Quote:
The Babel Fish Argument for the Non-Existence of God

by Douglas Adams

The Babel fish is small, yellow and leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with the nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen it to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.

The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets killed on the next zebra crossing.

Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book Well That About Wraps It Up For God.

Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.