BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #89
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2316
Rep
9,158
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Lol nooo. Inflation has been zero. Gas was 1.65 a gallon when he took office.
No, it hasn't been zero (and if it was, that would be another sucess of Obama)

Now you're attempting to be deliberately misleading/ignorant and it's starting to piss me off.
http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=1.65&year1=2008&year2=2015

You're comparing a metric without context (collapsed would economy, low demand) and you still have no ground to stand on. Don't like Obama? Ok, but don't lie and spread misinformation to support a position that obviously isn't founded in fact.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 10:18 AM   #90
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
6816
Rep
12,777
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
No, it hasn't been zero (and if it was, that would be another sucess of Obama)

Now you're attempting to be deliberately misleading/ignorant and it's starting to piss me off.
http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc....008&year2=2015

You're comparing a metric without context (collapsed would economy, low demand) and you still have no ground to stand on. Don't like Obama?



Ok, but don't lie and spread misinformation to support a position that obviously isn't founded in fact.


You made my day with this bit. Good one.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #91
GabeS
Crazy!
GabeS's Avatar
1107
Rep
1,337
Posts

Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Where are you getting this crap?
Forcing everyone to rely on oil?
The world economy is based on oil. Why? It's the cheapest source of energy. When something else replaces it as the cheapest it will replace oil. Nothing else comes close yet.
Raise the price of oil? It's been more than double what it was under Bush now since Obama took office. Speculators did thathe under bush. Obama did it under Obama.
Weapons spending? For what? Who? Didn't profit anyone in the administration.
Maybe you didn't notice but we were attached and over 3000 died. We went after them and our other enemies. I can't believehow twisted some people are.
Honestly you sound educated yet naive, in case you haven't noticed the point in keeping oil as the 1 one fuel is because it keeps the oil/auto/weapons companies rich, why else do you think every new patent on free energy gets denied/shut down and bought out by the dept of energy???

Why would someone who sets up solar panels bought and paid for have to pay for the electiricity?

Or someone who is able to collect water and treat it for consumption have to pay fines?


Dept of energy is like a big mafia in case you don't know...
have you done research on stuff like this beyond whats fed to you by the news and the government?

It literally sounds word by word what the news puts out, FOX/CNN etc, all corrupt agencies, as has been proven over and over.

So many scientists who came up with forms of free or renewable energy where shut down and patents blocked.

I am more and more becoming truly for a form of "Socialist Democracy" Where it would work like a democracy but the government would make sure companies and individuals wouldn't be allowed to over enrich them selves by abusing power and market monopoly.

For an example the poor excuse for a human being that bought out the Aids pill company and increased the price from $13.50 to $750 a pill.
__________________
First "real" widebody M3 ever thread.http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post17461963
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #92
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
706
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
...
Raise the price of oil? It's been more than double what it was under Bush now since Obama took office. Speculators did thathe under bush. Obama did it under Obama.
...
On what planet?
All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #93
GabeS
Crazy!
GabeS's Avatar
1107
Rep
1,337
Posts

Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
On what planet?
All the best.
Except the recession part, because it wasn't really a recession. If no one mentioned recession, no one would have noticed it.

I agree with the oil prices having stayed low for a long time!
__________________
First "real" widebody M3 ever thread.http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post17461963
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #94
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
Honestly you sound educated yet naive, in case you haven't noticed the point in keeping oil as the 1 one fuel is because it keeps the oil/auto/weapons companies rich, why else do you think every new patent on free energy gets denied/shut down and bought out by the dept of energy???

Why would someone who sets up solar panels bought and paid for have to pay for the electiricity?

Or someone who is able to collect water and treat it for consumption have to pay fines?


Dept of energy is like a big mafia in case you don't know...
have you done research on stuff like this beyond whats fed to you by the news and the government?

It literally sounds word by word what the news puts out, FOX/CNN etc, all corrupt agencies, as has been proven over and over.

So many scientists who came up with forms of free or renewable energy where shut down and patents blocked.

I am more and more becoming truly for a form of "Socialist Democracy" Where it would work like a democracy but the government would make sure companies and individuals wouldn't be allowed to over enrich them selves by abusing power and market monopoly.

For an example the poor excuse for a human being that bought out the Aids pill company and increased the price from $13.50 to $750 a pill.
Always blame someone else. Now it's the evil oil companies and patent office. The technologies aren't mature enough yet. That's all. Maybe in 109 yrs. It would take a solar array the size of Nevada to make enough for the US. Windmills never make enough free energy to pay for themselves. Etc etc etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 01:16 PM   #95
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
On what planet?
All the best.
Average price as per their entire tenure us double. It's down now only because open is temporarily and artificially lowering it to bankrupt the frackers but it will be back up soon enough unless federal lands are reopened.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 01:24 PM   #96
GabeS
Crazy!
GabeS's Avatar
1107
Rep
1,337
Posts

Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Always blame someone else. Now it's the evil oil companies and patent office. The technologies aren't mature enough yet. That's all. Maybe in 109 yrs. It would take a solar array the size of Nevada to make enough for the US. Windmills never make enough free energy to pay for themselves. Etc etc etc.
Evil is the right word.
__________________
First "real" widebody M3 ever thread.http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post17461963
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 02:14 PM   #97
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Such a crock. The solar companies are the evil ones I'd any. They took hundreds of millions of our dollars, blew it, and went out of business.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #98
GabeS
Crazy!
GabeS's Avatar
1107
Rep
1,337
Posts

Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Such a crock. The solar companies are the evil ones I'd any. They took hundreds of millions of our dollars, blew it, and went out of business.
That's a shitty mentality lol, they went out of business because the prices dropped and they couldn't keep up.
and Yes they are evil too because instead of just selling the panels and charging for maintenance, they charge an electircity bill as if they were providing it..which is a form of scam.
And one more reason to go socialist democracy to not allow companies to get rich by cheating others.
__________________
First "real" widebody M3 ever thread.http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post17461963
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 03:57 PM   #99
tony20009
Major General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
706
Rep
5,665
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
Except the recession part, because it wasn't really a recession. If no one mentioned recession, no one would have noticed it.

I agree with the oil prices having stayed low for a long time!
??? There's nothing to agree or disagree with. All I provided were data.

All the best.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 04:12 PM   #100
GabeS
Crazy!
GabeS's Avatar
1107
Rep
1,337
Posts

Drives: E93 M3/S14 SRT 10 viper swap
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Oh My bad!! yessir
__________________
First "real" widebody M3 ever thread.http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post17461963
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 04:24 PM   #101
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
No, it hasn't been zero (and if it was, that would be another sucess of Obama)

Now you're attempting to be deliberately misleading/ignorant and it's starting to piss me off.
http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc....008&year2=2015

You're comparing a metric without context (collapsed would economy, low demand) and you still have no ground to stand on. Don't like Obama? Ok, but don't lie and spread misinformation to support a position that obviously isn't founded in fact.
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com...flation-rates/
Basically zero.
And it's that way because the economic recovery has sucked due to Obama policies. The only reason the stock market has recovered slowly is due to the fed, which is the banks and not the government, keeping interest rates low and printing money like it's going out of style, which also should raise inflation, but isn't due to poor economic policy. 3.5% inflation is healthy and desirable. Low inflation stagnate the economy further. Take an economics 101 course.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-23-2015 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #102
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
That's a shitty mentality lol, they went out of business because the prices dropped and they couldn't keep up.
and Yes they are evil too because instead of just selling the panels and charging for maintenance, they charge an electircity bill as if they were providing it..which is a form of scam.
And one more reason to go socialist democracy to not allow companies to get rich by cheating others.
See how well socialistic style economy works in Cuba, north Korea. Economically it's the same result as communistic.

Capitalism is why we dominate the world's economy and are a superpower. Socal ism guarantees our economic collapse. Sure. The rich won't have as much. Neither will anyone else.

In a communist society everything is owned by the working class and everyone works toward the same communal goal. There are no wealthy and poor classes. Instead, all are equal. Production from the community is distributed based upon need, not by effort or amount of work. It is expected that basic needs for each worker are met by the community, and there is no more to be obtained through working more than what is required. For example, if a worker puts in more time at work, he sees no additional reward, and production is minimally affected. The worker receives the same stipend and ration as before. Therefore, this type of economy often results in poor production, mass poverty and little advancement. This occurred in the 1980s to the Soviet Union when poverty became so widespread, and rebellions and revolutions caused a dissolution of the nation.

Socialism shares similarities to communism but to a lesser extreme. As in communism, equality is the main focus. Instead of the workers owning the facilities and tools for production, workers are paid and allowed to spend their wages as they choose, while the governing body owns and operates the means of production for the benefit of the working class. Each worker is provided with necessities so he is able to produce without worry for his basic needs. Still, advancement and production are limited because there is no incentive to achieve more. Without motivation to succeed, such as the ability to own an income-producing business, workers' human instincts prohibit drive and desire that is produced through such incentives.

Both communism and socialism are near opposites of capitalism, with no private ownership and class equality. In capitalism, reward comes naturally without limitation to workers who exceed the normal minimums. When there is excess production, the owner can freely keep it, and he has no obligations to share his spoils with anyone else. A capitalist environment facilitates competition, and the result is unlimited advancement opportunity.

In modern society, many countries have adopted pieces of socialism into their economic and political policies. For example, in the United Kingdom, markets are allowed to fluctuate rather freely, and workers have unlimited earning potential based on their work. However, basic needs like healthcare are provided to everyone regardless of time or effort in their work. The welfare programs like food stamps in the United States are also forms of socialist policies that fit into an otherwise capitalist society.

The old saying in Russia was we portend to work and they portend to pay us. This fits for both socal ism and communism. Both are proven failed systems. The more socialistic the policiies, the more failed the economy. Just ask Greece, spain, and Italy.

Companies don't cheat you. The government does. You get 40 cents of benefit and output for every dollar spent. Companies provide you with jobs, products, income, benefits, and a means to advance economically.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-23-2015 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #103
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Recession has a technical definition based on GDP. But GDP does not measure how well the overall economy is doing.
Unemployment
Average family income
Markets
Etc
Not covered by GDP

Currently the real unemployment is close to 12% This is shown by the labor participation rate which is the lowest since the carter years. Unemployment does not count people unable to collect unemployment benefits i.e. people jobless more than 2 years which accounts for the discrepancies.

Average family income is 8% less than when Bush left office. First time in history it has been less under a president from beginning to end of his term.

Markets have been retarded due to economic policies. This is the worst economic recovery in American history. If they had done nothing we would be at down 25,000 now.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 07:48 PM   #104
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
241
Rep
1,886
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
politics.

lol
My thoughts exactly.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 08:48 PM   #105
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2316
Rep
9,158
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com...flation-rates/
Basically zero.
And it's that way because the economic recovery has sucked due to Obama policies. The only reason the stock market has recovered slowly is due to the fed, which is the banks and not the government, keeping interest rates low and printing money like it's going out of style, which also should raise inflation, but isn't due to poor economic policy. 3.5% inflation is healthy and desirable. Low inflation stagnate the economy further. Take an economics 101 course.
So you are wrong, dug in and you're still wrong. This is just unabashed ignorance at this point! Gas is actually the same price now as it was when the recession started, and by all metrics this economy is BETER than the one Obama inherited. The rest of your post is unsupported, unsubstantiated bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 09:36 PM   #106
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
So you are wrong, dug in and you're still wrong. This is just unabashed ignorance at this point! Gas is actually the same price now as it was when the recession started, and by all metrics this economy is BETER than the one Obama inherited. The rest of your post is unsupported, unsubstantiated bullshit.
It was 1.65 a gallon when Obama took over. It still hasn't reached that yet. It's been over 3$ most of his presidency. The average price during his tenure is double the average price under bush. Adjusting for inflation it should be about 12% higher, not 90% . The price of gas increased every year Obama was president due to him closing federal lands and only dropped this year because the Saudis artificially and very temporarily are lowering it to put the frackers out of business so they can bring it to new highs later and get all the business. Under bush gas spiced March to Sept his last year from $2and he was able to lower it his last 4 months to under 2$ range to close to $4. 6 months of high prices vs. 6 years. So how am I wrong?
Unemployment is 11.9%
Household income is 8% lower
Food stamps are double
Stock market has been anemic
Black unemployment is raging
Black homeownership is plummeting
Taxes are climbing
And lest we forget, 18 trillion dollars in debt with 9 trillion added by the 2008 candidate who said Bush adding 3 trillion in 8 yrs was unamerican. This means every person in America now owes $76,000 in taxes to kill the deficit. It you are a typical family of 4, just write your $300,000 check to the IRS please.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-23-2015 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #107
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2316
Rep
9,158
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
It was 1.65 a gallon when Obama took over. It still hasn't reached that yet. It's been over 3$ most of his presidency. The average price during his tenure is double the average price under bush. Adjusting for inflation it should be about 12% higher, not 90% . The price of gas increased every year Obama was president due to him closing federal lands and only dropped this year because the Saudis artificially and very temporarily are lowering it to put the frackers out of business so they can bring it to new highs later and get all the business. Under bush gas spiced March to Sept his last year from $2and he was able to lower it his last 4 months to under 2$ range to close to $4. 6 months of high prices vs. 6 years. So how am I wrong?
Unemployment is 11.9%
Household income is 8% lower
Food stamps are double
Stock market has been anemic
Black unemployment is raging
Black homeownership is plummeting
Taxes are climbing
And lest we forget, 18 trillion dollars in debt with 9 trillion added by the 2008 candidate who said Bush adding 3 trillion in 8 yrs was unamerican. This means every person in America now owes $76,000 in taxes to kill the deficit. It you are a typical family of 4, just write your $300,000 check to the IRS please.
Fuck - you're ignorant. Click the fucking link, gas was the equivalent of 1.85 which is in line with what it is today. You haven't sourced shit. This is annoying
Appreciate 2
      09-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #108
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

I'm a 20 yr financial professional and on a weekly basis I deal with 30-40 corner office financial professionals from all the major wire houses on a weekly basis. The economic ignorance on here is mind numbingly astounding. This has been the worst president on the economy since the great depression minus carter. As far as world politics the worst since Wilson. Race relations and bringing people together the worst since ....I don't even know. Sometime on the 1800s. The last good president for the economy was Reagan. Bush 1&2, and Clinton were neutral. I can't wait till the election is over. So much to fix, repeal, undo, correct.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #109
Fundguy1
Major General
Fundguy1's Avatar
1987
Rep
8,340
Posts

Drives: 335 e93
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Orlando, fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Fuck - you're ignorant. Click the fucking link, gas was the equivalent of 1.85 which is in line with what it is today. You haven't sourced shit. This is annoying
One more time for the people who can't understand big words.
If you average the price of gas of each day bush was president, and you average the price of gas of each day, not yesterday only, that Obama was president, you've paid 90% more for gas under obama, and 12% more for everything else.

Averaging means you add the price each day and divide by the number of days. You know. 2nd grade stuff?

Price was I'm the $1.10 to $2.25 range for 7 of 8 years under Bush.
Price was in the $3 to $4 range for the majority of the time under Obama.
Price went up for 6 months under Bush due to speculators but came down because of bush.
Price went up under Obama because of Obama and came down recently by the Saudis so they can jack it up again within a year or two. Lower prices trouble Obama as it means less hybrid cars and alternative energy crap. But it helps everyone as it lowers the price of everything stimulating the economy.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 09-23-2015 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #110
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
2316
Rep
9,158
Posts

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Lol, at the national debt, as if someone is calling that in. You're full of shit.

Cherry picking facts to make it look like somehow this recover hasn't been pretty damn good (great for the 1%) and literally not sourcing shit, not providing a counter point of data to compare it to and ignoring out right facts.

Listen, I know you're a conservative, and I know that I think your perspective on pretty much all matters is borderline retarded. You have no leg to stand on, the ideology that you base your beliefs on is a fraud in every sense of the word. That's why more recessions happen under Republican administration (by a substantial margin) you don't know shit about economics, and your party of choice doesn't know how to govern a city much less a country. Enough.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST