BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Closed Thread

11-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #89
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

First off, it's 10,000 from Syria. 250,000 is the total expected immigration for the US in 16 and 17.

There is an Act being discussed now, where GAO must provide information on how much the existing refugees have cost, including medical, food, housing and then both Houses have to approve letting more in. It has initial bi-partisan support. I think it should be applied to ALL refugees/immigrants, used to set the number of legal ones we allow into the country each year.

My idea for Syria: We won't be able to vet them since Syria has no real government. So we conditionally let them in, and FBI is allowed to go full Patriot-Act on them and monitor everything they say and do for a period of 5 years. They want to get their gubmint checks, they must attend regular assimilation training, show progress, otherwise they get a one-way ticket on the next C130 headed over to enforce the no-fly zone.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 10:47 AM   #90
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528xi Black/Black

unfortunately, if one state lets them in its as good as the entire country letting them in. not like we will set up checkpoints in every state
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #91
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
First off, it's 10,000 from Syria. 250,000 is the total expected immigration for the US in 16 and 17.

There is an Act being discussed now, where GAO must provide information on how much the existing refugees have cost, including medical, food, housing and then both Houses have to approve letting more in. It has initial bi-partisan support. I think it should be applied to ALL refugees/immigrants, used to set the number of legal ones we allow into the country each year.

My idea for Syria: We won't be able to vet them since Syria has no real government. So we conditionally let them in, and FBI is allowed to go full Patriot-Act on them and monitor everything they say and do for a period of 5 years. They want to get their gubmint checks, they must attend regular assimilation training, show progress, otherwise they get a one-way ticket on the next C130 headed over to enforce the no-fly zone.
No nits 10,00 from Syria now. 250,000 refugees by 2017 not including immigration. There bipartisan support to keep them out. FBI director says there is no way to vet them and he needs thousands of more agents just to watch effectively the ones here now.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #92
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
No nits 10,00 from Syria now. 250,000 refugees by 2017 not including immigration. There bipartisan support to keep them out. FBI director says there is no way to vet them and he needs thousands of more agents just to watch effectively the ones here now.
Don't worry Obama has a plan.. He will get his racist bros at Black Lives Matter to stage protests on all college campuses stating how racist people in America are for not letting these refugees in.

If and when an attack does occur, then they will stage protests and state that "this happened because the racists white government cares more about the plight of foreigners than it does of black people"..

It's a win, win....

Last edited by Delta0311; 11-17-2015 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #93
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Don't worry Obama has a plan.. He will get his racist bros at Black Lives Matter to stage protests on all college campuses stating how racist people in America are for not letting these refugees in.

If and when an attack does occur, then they will stage protests and state that "this happened because the racists white government cares more about the plight of foreigners then it does black people"..

It's a win, win....
Don't forget that it will be led by Al Sharpton.
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:45 AM   #94
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Don't forget that it will be led by Al Sharpton.
Well I mean that's obvious.. When there is a need to create some racial tension Al Sharpton will be there.. They should make a signal for him, like what Batman has.. It would be a fist with a giant fro over it.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #95
Haywood
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Well I mean that's obvious.. When there is a need to create some racial tension Al Sharpton will be there.. They should make a signal for him, like what Batman has.. It would be a fist with a giant fro over it.
Lol!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #96
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:
Um, I am. I went from earning 300k a year to being laid off due to frank dodd with 40% unemployment rate in my profession. I was out for 2 years, used all my money and borrowed some to save my house, ran up credit cards, and now I'm making enough to pay the immediate bills and will be out of debt in 2 years. Thanks Obama.
Sucks to be you. Typical American in modern days. All of your successes, that's because of you. All of your failures? That's someone else's fault. I'm sure you did make good money making garbage mortgages and securities up until the crash.

Sorry your unsustainable gravy train derailed, that wasn't the government's fault. That's all on you. I got laid off during the crisis folks like you helped create too, unlike you, I didn't feel sorry for myself or blame the government, I got a new job making more money in two weeks. Although in a twist of irony, I used to do government contracting and we lost a major contract during the recession, so I guess in that I literally did lose my job because of the government.
Wow - that was a really nasty response. Being laid off is no fun - kudos to you both for successfully re-inventing your careers.
      11-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #97
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Wow - that was a really nasty response. Being laid off is no fun - kudos to you both for successfully re-inventing your careers.
It was a little rude of me so I apologize to both you and to Fundguy.

It's just a pet peeve of mine when I see people blame others for things that happen to them and completely absolve yourself from any responsibility.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #98
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I'm introducing a new law and I want it put in action now!

Each and every current and future politician in the USA must submit to an AADD test.
      11-17-2015, 12:56 PM   #99
KlausPA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue overpriced POS

Trump is going to deport 11 million illegal immigrants... Syrians will take their place. Duh!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #100
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Thanks. I like to think working full time to put myself through college framing houses, waiting on tables, then working for bus fare for 2 years to get licensed, then working in a cubicle for 5 years making less than the average household, taking 6 masters college level licensing tests before finally getting into a job that took 20 years of paying my dues to earn, only to loose it due to over regulation hurting the entire financial industry because of an overreaction to the housing crisis created by Bill Clinton, of which I have nothing to do, while taking care of a family of 6, and fighting to get a new job with a 40% unemployment rate, yeah that's pretty cold. I busted my ass to save my house, spent my rntire retirement and ran up $150,000 in debt keeping a roof over our head and food on the table. I made too much to qualify for aide and got unemployment checks that covered my phone bill.

And I appreciate and accept the apology. I lost my job from someone 4 levels above me making cost cuts due to the new regulations put on the investment industry. Not from my actions and I sell mutual funds, not bundled mortgages. At the same time my company made cuts, all the other major companies did too, which flooded the job market with qualified candidates. Took me 5 years to recover and I'm still making a third of what I used to.

Want to know what my job is? It's to educate financial advisors and clients on how to reach retirement with enough money to live comfortably and minimize financial risk. I'm like a doctor for people's financial health. And now my profession is the most highly regulated profession. Even more than the medical profession.

I never whine or say it's unfair, instead I put my nose down and do what it takes. I also help others and was able to help my friend in the same situation get a job as well.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 11-17-2015 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #101
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Because we aren't that dumb to elect people who tax us to death for too long. We get smart and elect a Republican to cut taxes, kick some ass, and make our economy grow.
Like the last republican did? He cut taxes for the rich, but didn't help me and my family one bit. In contrast I've paid less taxes under O than ever before.

What ass did he kick? He didn't get Bin Laden, he left a gaping vacuum in Iraq, and totally forgot about Afghanistan. If invading a sovereign country unilaterally with absolutely no exit strategy or plan of what to do once the country is occupied is kicking ass, then he kicked a ton of ass.

Grow the economy? He grew a 2nd great depression, and the only year in american history where our GDP shrank. Plus nearly 10 trillion in debt.

You act like the last republican president was a good president. Where do you even find the balls? I'm no big Obama fan, but acting like the fucktards in the GOP have the fix is the funniest joke I've read in years.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #102
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc
Quote:
Because we aren't that dumb to elect people who tax us to death for too long. We get smart and elect a Republican to cut taxes, kick some ass, and make our economy grow.
Like the last republican did? He cut taxes for the rich, but didn't help me and my family one bit. In contrast I've paid less taxes under O than ever before.

What ass did he kick? He didn't get Bin Laden, he left a gaping vacuum in Iraq, and totally forgot about Afghanistan. If invading a sovereign country unilaterally with absolutely no exit strategy or plan of what to do once the country is occupied is kicking ass, then he kicked a ton of ass.

Grow the economy? He grew a 2nd great depression, and the only year in american history where our GDP shrank. Plus nearly 10 trillion in debt.

You act like the last republican president was a good president. Where do you even find the balls? I'm no big Obama fan, but acting like the fucktards in the GOP have the fix is the funniest joke I've read in years.
Well then you must be at the lower end of the economic spectrum - perhaps the 47% that pays no income tax? Glad you are happy with your handouts - let's see how long they last.

Obviously you are a die-hard Obama supporter, because you keep blaming the president we had 8 years ago, and using Obama's inane talking points like "unemployment is down!" (Despite labor force participation being the lowest since WW2, and a 45% increase in food stamps recipients).

Bush did leave us $10T in debt. Obama has doubled that - good job!

Let's all join hands and cry "It's Bush's Fault - WAAAAA!!!"

Feel better now?
      11-17-2015, 04:31 PM   #103
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post

Obama has raised taxes the most since carter and the difference between the haves and the have not has increased dramatically since Obama took office.

Economy? He took over after Clinton had the tech bubble burst then 9/11 happened and we didn't know because Clinton had dismantled the man on the ground intelligence and substituted satellites. Regardless he brought us back from that till Clintons created housing crisis burst. It was only a second depression because Obama cane in and regulated the hell out of things and killed the recovery.

As far as ass kicking he won iraq, Obama left the vacuum when he pulled out prematurely and created it for votes. Bush warned against this and said this exactly would happen. Bush also got Osama because the Intel they used to find him was from one of the two guys they water boarded and the team he put in place tracked him down. It took Obama 4 months and saying no 4 times before he found enough balls to get him.

So yes. You're warped.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 04:48 PM   #104
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

So, who has called or written their elected official(s) to complain?

The idea that they can watch even 10,000 refugees is ludicrous. They are busy enough as it is and that will take a lot of manpower since many of the ISIS types are wise about not using electronic devices and would require old fashioned surveillance. In short, not feasible.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #105
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

love how Obama says its "un-American" to not take the refugees in.

how about protecting the American people first dumba**?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #106
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

Quote:
Here's one. Tell them to go to the kurds. They're 20 miles away. Set up aide there. Arm the kurds who hate ISIS to defend them and themselves. Use air power to help protect them. Then use special forces and friendly sunni troops from Jordan egypt, and Saudi to kill ISIS in Syria and Iraq. Let Jordan and Saudi be the long term occupational force. Done. It's not rocket science.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #107
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Didn't even know we had an Office of Refugee Relocation . . . but they seem to get about $200 of every $1250 that a refugee gets when he enters the country.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 08:01 AM   #108
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep

They just arrested 8 isis terrorists in Istanbul who had infiltrated the refugees and were on their way to the west. Wonder how many made it through.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #109
Haywood
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Here you go folks. A good article on how some former refugees we let in turned to Jihad. Again, how are we going to vet over 10,000 people? For the people who support this, you need to take a step back and think about this.

Yemeni-born Mufid Elfgeeh was a naturalized American citizen running a pizza and chicken shop in Rochester, New York.
But in May 2014 he became one of the first people on American soil to be arrested and accused of being a recruiter for ISIS.
Authorities say the 30-year-old plotted to send three men to a 'welcoming camp' in Syria for jihadist education and training.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-terror.html
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #110
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Here you go folks. A good article on how some former refugees we let in turned to Jihad. Again, how are we going to vet over 10,000 people? For the people who support this, you need to take a step back and think about this.

Yemeni-born Mufid Elfgeeh was a naturalized American citizen running a pizza and chicken shop in Rochester, New York.
But in May 2014 he became one of the first people on American soil to be arrested and accused of being a recruiter for ISIS.
Authorities say the 30-year-old plotted to send three men to a 'welcoming camp' in Syria for jihadist education and training.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-terror.html
Yeah that's a scary thing. While most of those were American nationals to begin with, some are refugees, although I didn't see any being from Syria (I only skimmed it but it seemed like they came from Bosnia and Africa).

Wonder if they became radicalized before they got to the US or during just like the other dumbass teens in America.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread