BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

03-03-2016, 05:50 PM   #67
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelObsession View Post
It is amazing how people will disown somebody for someone that literally does not care if they live or die.
Well.

They would have to actually care if they existed to get to the point of caring whether they lived or died.

Just saying.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2016, 05:52 PM   #68
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Definitely not a failure, and actually a very successful 7 years, especially compared to where we were in 2008. And if you say anything about the deficit or emails, well, then, it's too bad that's all conservatives have in their bag just 1/2 year before the election.

If Hillary wins and continues the decline in Unemployment, we could break into the 3% range. When is the last time we were there? We were at 10% in 2008.

Also, Bill Clinton basically all but erased the deficit (if you don't include Social Security). Hillary will have the best advice from the most recent President who balanced the budget, who also happens to be her husband. Not sure why conservatives think the world is going to hell after 7 years with Obama....

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #69
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Dude - that's chump change. The Bill and Hillary and Chelsea foundation is up to something like $800M - much of it given by foreign governments. What a coincidence that Hillary is under investigation for sharing US secrets with foreign governments from her private email server.

Oh - and they haven't given any of the money to charity.
Hmmmm. Just like Bill.
Loral. Hughes. China.

China went from 50's and 60's level rocket technology to successfully launching satellites and having serious ballistic missile technology in less than 4 years. Yep. No coincidence there.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

(And before the apologists start in on Clinton, Hughes and Loral...do some research.)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 06:17 PM   #70
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Definitely not a failure, and actually a very successful 7 years, especially compared to where we were in 2008. And if you say anything about the deficit or emails, well, then, it's too bad that's all conservatives have in their bag just 1/2 year before the election.

If Hillary wins and continues the decline in Unemployment, we could break into the 3% range. When is the last time we were there? We were at 10% in 2008.

Also, Bill Clinton basically all but erased the deficit (if you don't include Social Security). Hillary will have the best advice from the most recent President who balanced the budget, who also happens to be her husband. Not sure why conservatives think the world is going to hell after 7 years with Obama....
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #71
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Free trade might be good if it's really free, but somehow free trade never seems to work out that way; e.g. US oil companies compete with the government-owned Mexican oil company - how is that free trade? Maybe we should try to achieve fair trade?
As long as government is involved, it's never really free (or fair, for that matter) - there will ALWAYS be pandering to special interests. Putting measures in place to prop up industries that cannot otherwise survive just to save some jobs is inefficient. We can't save the carriage-making industry forever just because cars came about. We move forward technologically and allow countries that can produce more cheaply to produce.

Yes, I know it's not that simple. No, I really don't feel like getting into a debate about it, just responding
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #72
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin
Quote:
Free trade might be good if it's really free, but somehow free trade never seems to work out that way; e.g. US oil companies compete with the government-owned Mexican oil company - how is that free trade? Maybe we should try to achieve fair trade?
As long as government is involved, it's never really free (or fair, for that matter) - there will ALWAYS be pandering to special interests. Putting measures in place to prop up industries that cannot otherwise survive just to save some jobs is inefficient. We can't save the carriage-making industry forever just because cars came about. We move forward technologically and allow countries that can produce more cheaply to produce.

Yes, I know it's not that simple. No, I really don't feel like getting into a debate about it, just responding
I don't think I understand your response
      03-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #73
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz
I'll vote for Pedro.

I'm not much of a political person myself, however, I'll give my not so worthy input:

-The US economy thrived under the Clinton Administration in the 90's so maybe many Americans feel that Hilary on board will bring that back? Not so fast IMHO.

-If Hilary is President, does that make Bill the first man? Does he go back to being a lady's man in DC?

-Trump - he is different so maybe that's what this country needs.

That is all.
Kasich said willy been trying to take credit for his fiscal control which caused all the booming at the last debate.

I actually like kasich - lower taxes and not a buffoon.
      03-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #74
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundelObsession View Post
What do you call the current state of our country?

John Kasich balanced the budget. There is something called the budget committee. Lol
      03-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #75
3.0L
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

So ah, if Trump should become the defacto US CEO, does he get a severance package? Something like Carly Fiorina got? Even if he f**k's up?

Want a Cookie?.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 02:41 PM   #76
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
So ah, if Trump should become the defacto US CEO, does he get a severance package? Something like Carly Fiorina got? Even if he f**k's up?
Ask obama. He'll know.
      03-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #77
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

"severance" pay for a King is his head in a wicker basket
Appreciate 0