BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

11-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #1
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Barak Obama / Instigator?

Denie it as fact?
Please provide any form of proof that Barack Obama is NOT behind and pushing for unrest in America.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/14/how-oba...ented-outrage/
      11-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

And I heard he is a Muslim with no US birth certificate! Also, he feeds on the souls of young, white, middle class children.
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
And I heard he is a Muslim with no US birth certificate! Also, he feeds on the souls of young, white, middle class children.
There's probably a thread if you want to search.
Changing the subject isn't going to change the link.
      11-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #4
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

There's nothing to say, it's an opinion piece and completely ridiculous, pretty much conspiracy theory nonsense.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #5
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
There's nothing to say, it's an opinion piece and completely ridiculous, pretty much conspiracy theory nonsense.
I completely disagree with you.
      11-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #6
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I completely disagree with you.
Well at least we respectfully disagree.

As far as trying to debunk it, I wouldn't even know where to start. I do think that the folks you see protesting are being fed by social media, not any politician. If someone in power wanted to cause disruption in the country, some massive plot to get young black people to protest (largely peacefully, if not annoyingly and in an ignorant fashion) wouldn't be the most effective way to go about it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #7
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Obviously I can't prove or disprove the article but it seems to me that a whole lot more than fb and twitter are fueling the nonsense.

Nonsense regarding the protesters business model...cough, not a person's right to fight discrimination and racism.
Haphazard organization and miniscule complaints are not the way to be taken seriously. In fact, cry wolf is the cloud surrounding them right now.

When the term microaggresion racism starts being used then it's basically become laughable.
      11-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #8
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Obviously I can't prove or disprove the article but it seems to me that a whole lot more than fb and twitter are fueling the nonsense.

Nonsense regarding the protesters business model...cough, not a person's right to fight discrimination and racism.
Haphazard organization and miniscule complaints are not the way to be taken seriously. In fact, cry wolf is the cloud surrounding them right now.

When the term microaggresion racism starts being used then it's basically become laughable.
Yeah I can't prove or disprove it either. I think that the police instances where they were shooting black suspects started it all since that's what triggered the Black Lives Matter movement. From there the University of Missouri inspired a bunch of self entitled, uber liberal pricks to protest at their university even though, from what I've seen, most of their demands are absolute nonsense. I get wanting someone at a university to answer for the lack of response when someone paints a swastika using their own feces. That sort of nonsense shouldn't be tolerated anywhere. But from there, the self entitlement kicked in. There's no political movement here and aside from causing a slight inconvenience on campus, no real threat or risk of disruption.

It's, in my opinion, the new form of racism. Just look at what happened recently at Dartmouth. Absolutely disgusting. In a twist of irony, their protests against racism was racist. But they don't see it that way, people like that just have a me me me mentality. They want what they want and couldn't care less about how it affects anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 02:39 PM   #9
javarithms
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 SG FR, '03 530i

To list NY Post as a source is laughable at best. NY Post is not a credible newspaper, it's a tabloid. They have never won any journalism award. Also, they're owned by News Corp, yep Rupert "Fox" Murdoch.

Here is what a credible magazine for professional journalists, Columbia Journalism Review, said about NY Post:
"the New York Post is no longer merely a journalistic problem. It is a social problem a force for evil."

So if you want to be angry with Obama, for whatever reason, it's your every right but you don't need to justify it with an article from a tabloid paper.

To quote Daniel Patrick Moynihan:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."
      11-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #10
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

No opinion piece criticizing Obama would be complete without the Saul Alinskey specter!

While I find the article dubious, at best, OP....do some reading into George Soros and his potential ties to the #BLM et al movement.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #11
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by javarithms View Post
To list NY Post as a source is laughable at best. NY Post is not a credible newspaper, it's a tabloid. They have never won any journalism award. Also, they're owned by News Corp, yep Rupert "Fox" Murdoch.

Here is what a credible magazine for professional journalists, Columbia Journalism Review, said about NY Post:
"the New York Post is no longer merely a journalistic problem. It is a social problem – a force for evil."

So if you want to be angry with Obama, for whatever reason, it's your every right but you don't need to justify it with an article from a tabloid paper.

To quote Daniel Patrick Moynihan:
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."
This was a headline on I forget where.
Anyway. I read it and I posted it. I don't think awards make a company either.

Why does Huffington and the Washington post get awards I wonder?
I've watched maybe 10 combined minutes of fox news my entire life btw.

If the Huffington post isn't tabloid too then call me confused. It's right there with the ny times.

I can't read a major news site without wading through opinion pieces I don't care for so I'm posting one I can see as a possible explanation for these bs protests.

Sorry.

I don't dislike obama. I despise him.

Last edited by gonzo; 11-16-2015 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #12
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, the title alone instantly tells you you're getting BS. Not because what they describe couldn't be happening, but because if it is, then there's an entire establishment to be blamed. Blaming Obama is just a way to distract from whatever issue is at hand, and it's sadly it's proved surprisingly effective. As much as you dislike him, forget about the guy, and concentrate on the issues, or nothing will happen. He'll be gone soon anyway and we'll have more of the same regardless of whichever party's candidate takes his seat.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #13
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, the title alone instantly tells you you're getting BS. Not because what they describe couldn't be happening, but because if it is, then there's an entire establishment to be blamed. Blaming Obama is just a way to distract from whatever issue is at hand, and it's sadly it's proved surprisingly effective. As much as you dislike him, forget about the guy, and concentrate on the issues, or nothing will happen. He'll be gone soon anyway and we'll have more of the same regardless of whichever party's candidate takes his seat.
You're right, the title is dumb. I should have omitted the question mark.
      11-16-2015, 06:45 PM   #14
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Governments have been doing this stuff since the dawn of time. Ours has a whole infrastructure behind it. It's not due to Obama / any one political party or ideology other than desire to preserve the status quo. You're hurting your own cause by misidentifying the issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 06:50 PM   #15
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There's probably a thread if you want to search.
Changing the subject isn't going to change the link.
Well the link is to a Rupert Murdoch owned tabloid so I didn't think you were serious. You were? Oh shit.

Despise Obama all you want, I'll take the guy who pulled us out of Iraq over the guy who put us in it. I'll take the guy who got Bin Laden vs the guy who got Bin Laden's family out of the US on 9/11. I'll take the guy who gave the poor health insurance over the guy who couldn't get the poor out of new Orleans. I'll take the guy with a record high NASDAQ over the guy with the 2nd great depression. Obama may not be great but the last GOP president was so fucking bad that we elected a man named Barrack Hussein Obama just to avoid another Republican.

You should despise all politicians, because none of them, on either side, are worth a shit!
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #16
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What's funny is the crazy things people will believe if they hate someone enough. Sad really.
Appreciate 3
      11-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #17
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What's funny is the crazy things people will believe if they hate someone enough. Sad really.
Never hated a person in my life and never will. I'm extremely frustrated. To the other guy...YES, ALL POLITICIANS BLOW.
Gimme gimme gimme is all it is.

I'm older than you guys, I'm sure, and should be more tactful but I'm at wicks end with this crap.

Maybe we need 3 or 5 presidential office holders. Get a majority vote.
I don't know, but this system is not working.
      11-16-2015, 07:46 PM   #18
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
You live in triple X Texas, your opinion don't matter...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Shiralian View Post
You live in triple X Texas, your opinion don't matter...
Thank you, thank you vury much to the Canadian using don't.
      11-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #20
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Never hated a person in my life and never will. I'm extremely frustrated. To the other guy...YES, ALL POLITICIANS BLOW.
Gimme gimme gimme is all it is.

I'm older than you guys, I'm sure, and should be more tactful but I'm at wicks end with this crap.

Maybe we need 3 or 5 presidential office holders. Get a majority vote.
I don't know, but this system is not working.
I agree with your last sentence whole heartedly. Current system sucks! Why do we only get two options? I'm a socially liberal, fiscally conservative independent. Who the hell do I have to vote for?

BTW, it is "at wits end"....isn't it? Or have I been saying it wrong for 40 years?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 08:36 PM   #21
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree with your last sentence whole heartedly. Current system sucks! Why do we only get two options? I'm a socially liberal, fiscally conservative independent. Who the hell do I have to vote for?

BTW, it is "at wits end"....isn't it? Or have I been saying it wrong for 40 years?
Ha!
No, it's definitely "at wits end"
I'm on a Droid most of the time and don't proof half the time.
Just tap tap tap enter lol.

At wicks end does make good candles though. Past gf loved them.
      11-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #22
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

BTW fellow members.

I never mean to offend anyone. Sometimes it can happen without my knowing of course. I've been in and out of this forum waaaaay too long but it's a great forum.

I'm a car guy and you could search for me in the political religion section from 07 to today.
I don't think you'll find much until recently.

Frustrated.

GET OFF MY LAWN!