BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge

04-26-2016, 03:06 AM   #23
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRPOWER View Post
Lift your little Pat's skirt and take your spanking.................BIATCH!

GO JETS!
Merely a scratch compared to the spanking you've been getting for two decades. '69 was a good year eh?
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2016, 05:44 AM   #24
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Merely a scratch compared to the spanking you've been getting for two decades. '69 was a good year eh?
Don't be hating just because you don't have a catchy chant......I believe until Belichick (convicted of cheating multiple times in the NFL) came along that the Pats had their DECADES of losses. But hey the end justifies the means right?

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #25
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. The only downside I see is now he has 4 games less to pull a Theismann. The plus side, maybe his second string will have as good numbers showing how overrated he is and how much his success is due to his offensive line and receivers and not to Tom, the journeyman qb that he is.
What receivers and offensive line?

Quote:
Don't be hating just because you don't have a catchy chant......I believe until Belichick (convicted of cheating multiple times in the NFL) came along that the Pats had their DECADES of losses. But hey the end justifies the means right?
"Cheating" should be used loosely here. "Spygate" was nothing more than filming the game from an area that the NFL had recently deemed off-limits through a memo, not a rule. There were other teams that did this as well, including the Jets, but they were not penalized as harshly. "Deflategate" is nothing more than people not realizing how science works and how temperatures affect pressures.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #26
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...patriots-apart
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #27
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BMW View Post
o god here we go again with the misinformation...

http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate

and coincidentally, http://yourteamcheats.com/NYJ scroll down to the 4th offense... Jets caught illegally videotaping from the endzones vs... the Patriots. Same year as the Pats "Spygate" but the Jets are usually terrible so no one cares.
Appreciate 2
      04-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #28
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BMW View Post

and coincidentally, http://yourteamcheats.com/NYJ scroll down to the 4th offense... Jets caught illegally videotaping from the endzones vs... the Patriots. Same year as the Pats "Spygate" but the Jets are usually terrible so no one cares.
Great unbiased source there. LOL.
      04-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #29
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Great unbiased source there. LOL.
Thats just the easiest place to find all the info. You can find the actual sources all over the internet. Let me know which info you find inaccurate though. I'll wait.

Heres the story of the Jets taping incident... http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.276337
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2016, 06:30 PM   #30
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Why do Patriots fans mistakenly think others want to read a bunch of articles they post? Cases closed. Time to move on and work on getting over it.
      04-26-2016, 06:46 PM   #31
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Why do Patriots fans mistakenly think others want to read a bunch of articles they post? Cases closed. Time to move on and work on getting over it.
Not even a Patriots fan, but the amount of hatred for them blinds most people and its like talking to a rock (or a jets fan). Im a fan of the game more than anything, and none of this is good for the game.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2016, 07:47 PM   #32
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post

lol, if you have a problem with the source contact the following:

Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham are senior writers with ESPN Digital and Print Media. Van Natta can be reached via email at Don.VanNatta@espn.com and @DVNJr; Wickersham at Seth.Wickersham@espn.com and @sethwickersham.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 09:17 AM   #33
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Ha Ha!!!!! I love it!

J - E - T - S...............JETS - JETS - JETS
Who's throwing the ball for the hapless jets this year? almost made it to the playoffs maybe this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post
LOVE IT. Best news I've heard all week.
feel the hate, know the hate when the patriots beat your team

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysing View Post
Wish there was an easy way to insert a trillion "HAHA"s because I would do it.
Hating at its finest

Quote:
But they did, and that is the central issue Brady / Pats fans refuse to accept. He had absolute discretion in handing out the penalty. Personally, I think Brady was involved with tampering and trying to cover it up, but it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. The commissioner acted within his rights, as agreed by the NFLPA. Should have never been a court case. They can address it in the next CBA and Brady can sit out 4 games like he should have last season.
Of course you believe brady was involved because it makes your case better, makes its easier to have the best QB ever to play the game. that's okay but any true football fan should be upset when they leave greatness on the bench. I dont care for Manning but the game wont be the same with out him. We all know the tune you would sing if tommy was your qb for the team you root for, so pipe down.
Quote:
+1
Quote:
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. The only downside I see is now he has 4 games less to pull a Theismann. The plus side, maybe his second string will have as good numbers showing how overrated he is and how much his success is due to his offensive line and receivers and not to Tom, the journeyman qb that he is.
Wishing for a man to get hurt, I hope you fall and shatter your leg so that person X gets a promotion at your work place.
I never understand the brady hate, America loves to rip people down, Brady is nothing but the best role model and has the ideal American values and life. He does tons of charity, rescues dogs and actively relates to his fans. Some sick little girl died who was a patriots fan, Tom called the grieving parents to help console them. met with victims of the boston marathon bombing just this past week.
He has the work ethic rivaled to none. Bringing him down for his success is the same on how people spit on a ferrari. Haters going to hate
      04-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #34
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post

Wishing for a man to get hurt, I hope you fall and shatter your leg so that person X gets a promotion at your work place.
I never understand the brady hate, America loves to rip people down, Brady is nothing but the best role model and has the ideal American values and life. He does tons of charity, rescues dogs and actively relates to his fans. Some sick little girl died who was a patriots fan, Tom called the grieving parents to help console them. met with victims of the boston marathon bombing just this past week.
He has the work ethic rivaled to none. Bringing him down for his success is the same on how people spit on a ferrari. Haters going to hate
Ditching his pregnant girlfriend is a bit of a slight on the man's character, but otherwise +1.

Bottom line: he may very well be the greatest quarterback of all time and too many people want to ignore the greatness. The one thing that makes him so much better than most is his willingness to put team first. He's perfectly happy with a game plan tilted 75% to the run if that's the best way of winning. He's perfectly happy to consistently renegotiate his deal to generate cap room for the Patriots. Tons of examples of his commitment to the team.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:49 AM   #35
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post

Brady is nothing but the best role model and has the ideal American values and life. He does tons of charity, rescues dogs and actively relates to his fans. Some sick little girl died who was a patriots fan, Tom called the grieving parents to help console them. met with victims of the boston marathon bombing just this past week.
I think Mike Vick is a better role model than Brady....... Besides I don't hate him, Hell I would love him if wore a Jets uniform!

Appreciate 1
      04-27-2016, 06:51 PM   #36
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
As a labour relaitons professional on the management side who has handled hundreds of employment investigations, argued many cases at arbitration, and negotiated several collective agreement ... this whole thing is ridiculous.
  1. I read the Wells Report. Even if you accept the science cited (which has been irrefutably disproved), his conclusions were entirely flawed. He concluded that the "preponderance of evidence" tipped in favour of Tom Brady being involved. I read the Wells Report and came to another equal conclusion: if the balls were tampered with (and there is no evidence that they were), the two equipment guys took it upon themselves to do so to keep the prima donna QB from bitching at them. If you have another equal probability, by definition ... you do not have the "preponderance of evidence" or balance of probabilities. That should have been a full stop to this whole thing.
  2. The science of the Wells Report was flawed in of itself. When the referee could not confirm which gauge was used and whether the same one was used at halftime as was used pregame ... you have no evidence upon which to draw any conculsions.
  3. Tom Brady's refusal to turn over his cell phone was appropriate. Given the kangaroo court nature of NFL justice, I'd be very cautious about letting them snoop. He agreed to turn over all relevant communication and there is no basis to conclude that he withheld anything. Turning over the phone is a red herring.

The NFL was wrong to impose any discipline on Brady or the Patriots. There was simply no evidence to support the conclusions of the Wells Report. Had the NFL Collective Agreement read like any other one I've ever seen (or negotiated) the grievance would have been adjudicated by a third party arbitrator who would have thrown out the discipline. End of story.

The problem with this whole case is the sheer negligence of the NFLPA in allowing the NFL Commissioner to be the final arbiter at his (or her) choosing. The lack of an independent grievance arbitration process allowed the NFL to conduct themselves in a manner entirely consistent with the Kangaroo Court they are.

The appellate decision is correct in that there was an overreach in overturning Goodell's decision as patently unreasonable. Portions of it were (such as the reliance on new evidence not before him in making his decision), but based on his acceptance of the Wells Report his decision was only unreasonable, not patently so.

What is really wrong about this is that the actual evidence is irrefutable: the balls were never tampered with. The pressures observed (by either gauge) have been proven to be within Ideal Gas Law parameters. Like him or not, a Hall of Fame QB's reputations has been unfairly tarnished and the Patriots as a franchise have been needlessly punished.
I have to disagree with this post, not because I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots (which I do). Rather because the appellate court's decision had nothing to do with evidence or if the punishment was unfair. The decision was explicit: The decision made by the commissioner didn't have to be "fair" or based on evidence according to the CBA - which the NFLPA ratified and the NFL agreed to as well. This court just made the decision that they were not in a position to supercede an agreement made and signed by both parties.
The first court ruled, incorrectly, that the commissioner overstepped his bounds by punishing Brady and the team wit what the court felt was insufficient evidence. However, the CBA does not require the commissioner to have any evidence. The commissioner has sole discretion on punishment and "conduct detrimental to the league"can mean whatever he decides it means. That doesn't mean Tommy boy has to like it, nor the patriots owner or fans, but it is what the NFLPA agreed to - and by association, its what Brady agreed to.
Having seen and written hundreds of SOWs (statements of work) in my career, I know, you have to be VERY explicit in what you intend in an agreement, giving the other party broad powers will come back to bite you very hard if challenged in court. Because most sensible courts are reluctant to overturn an agreement between 2 parties, unless it is inherently illegal - which this one isn't

Last edited by PJinCA; 04-27-2016 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 07:01 PM   #37
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Ha Ha!!!!! I love it!

J - E - T - S...............JETS - JETS - JETS
Quote:
+1
...and, Wah ...this is for you too...

Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2016, 07:21 PM   #38
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Truth hurts

Appreciate 1
      04-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #39
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Not even a Patriots fan, but the amount of hatred for them blinds most people and its like talking to a rock (or a jets fan). Im a fan of the game more than anything, and none of this is good for the game.
Consequently - this might be the biggest win of the Jets season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #40
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Truth hurts

NOW that shit is FUNNY........ROFL. Thanks Fundguy!

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #41
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJinCA View Post
I have to disagree with this post, not because I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots (which I do). Rather because the appellate court's decision had nothing to do with evidence or if the punishment was unfair. The decision was explicit: The decision made by the commissioner didn't have to be "fair" or based on evidence according to the CBA - which the NFLPA ratified and the NFL agreed to as well. This court just made the decision that they were not in a position to supercede an agreement made and signed by both parties.
The first court ruled, incorrectly, that the commissioner overstepped his bounds by punishing Brady and the team wit what the court felt was insufficient evidence. However, the CBA does not require the commissioner to have any evidence. The commissioner has sole discretion on punishment and "conduct detrimental to the league"can mean whatever he decides it means. That doesn't mean Tommy boy has to like it, nor the patriots owner or fans, but it is what the NFLPA agreed to - and by association, its what Brady agreed to.
Having seen and written hundreds of SOWs (statements of work) in my career, I know, you have to be VERY explicit in what you intend in an agreement, giving the other party broad powers will come back to bite you very hard if challenged in court. Because most sensible courts are reluctant to overturn an agreement between 2 parties, unless it is inherently illegal - which this one isn't
You actually didn't seem to read my post. I actually said that the appellate court was right on the grounds of arbitral deference and (not in so many words) the NFLPA was incompetent to agree to a CBA without a 3rd party arbitration process.

I was highlighting how, notwithstanding that the Appeals Court was right, the evidence is now overwhelming that the balls were not tampered with, but more importantly, Goodell drew the wrong conclusions in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #42
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

The point is Goodell can draw any conclusion he wants, right or wrong, and dish out any punishment he feels fits, and their contract with the NFL requires that they follow it. The rest is moot. If my boss felt I needed a repremand and I didn't think I did, too bad. I'm not going to court to sue him over it.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #43
PJinCA
USAF Pararescue Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535

Quote:
The point is Goodell can draw any conclusion he wants, right or wrong, and dish out any punishment he feels fits, and their contract with the NFL requires that they follow it. The rest is moot. If my boss felt I needed a repremand and I didn't think I did, too bad. I'm not going to court to sue him over it.
Actually, that IS exactly the difference - if your boss gives you a reprimand and you don't think you deserve it, you can sue. Not so for NFL players, they have a CBA that they agreed to, and that gave Goodell very broad powers to impose whatever punishment he sees fit for whatever real or perceived infraction he deems was committed. That is the fault of the players themselves. As I recall, they were locked out and caved during the last negotiations, I guess they really missed those paychecks.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #44
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

LMAO
Appreciate 0