Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

10-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #1
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Mobile app - Quote in reply

Just have a suggestion for iOS mobile.

While quoting a post during reply, is it possible to add the option only to include the last post in the reply. Posts like below get really long.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=11
Appreciate 1
Draper3448.00
      10-11-2021, 05:48 PM   #2
dcollins728
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW x5

great suggestion
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 03:16 AM   #3
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Not specific to the mobile app, but.. this has been a pet peeve of mine for decades. Every time I see somebody quote a message, including the ENTIRE original message including 15 large pictures, and a bunch of text - only to reply with something inane like "I painted my intake red too!, it's awesome!", I want to scream. This is just irresponsible shitposting. Edit the reply, remove everything quoted that isn't relevant to your reply, and then hit "post". It's not difficult.

Oh and for extra screaming credit, after the 5-word reply, we have the guy with a signature tagline that's 4 lines deep, listing every mod their car has, including crud like "M Performance valve caps" and "Weathertech cargo liner" - the signature line 8x longer than their actual reply. Tragically comical!
Th3Walrus310.50
Draper3448.00
      10-12-2021, 07:00 AM   #4
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Not specific to the mobile app, but.. this has been a pet peeve of mine for decades. Every time I see somebody quote a message, including the ENTIRE original message including 15 large pictures, and a bunch of text - only to reply with something inane like "I painted my intake red too!, it's awesome!", I want to scream. This is just irresponsible shitposting. Edit the reply, remove everything quoted that isn't relevant to your reply, and then hit "post". It's not difficult.
Thats really annoying as well. Guess its really easy for them to quote the post and dont really understand the inconvenience they cause for everyone whos following that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Oh and for extra screaming credit, after the 5-word reply, we have the guy with a signature tagline that's 4 lines deep, listing every mod their car has, including crud like "M Performance valve caps" and "Weathertech cargo liner" - the signature line 8x longer than their actual reply. Tragically comical!
Its nothing other than a showoff to say i have spent another $25 on my vehicle. I dont take those posters seriously!
Appreciate 0