Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-19-2020, 12:59 AM   #221
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

08-19-2020, 01:15 AM   #222
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
well such victories was there as well in Schumacher - Ferrari era as well my friend and you know it.. it can bring up suspicion.. but bringing suspicion is one thing finding something that they re cheating with some grounds is another thing...

Merc' joining F1 again at the right time (rule change) is a coincidence in your opinion? i think timing was like it was planned and it is planned of course for such a company.. Merc' did a lot of different types of engines throughout its history in F1.. only thing i can tell you my friend is good luck finding something that Merc's cheat with some rational grounds.. even if you look Merc' road cars its in uptrend in last 4-5 years as well, the story is pretty complete..

remember the times Schumi was long way ahead but he was spinning because of lack of concentration? Lewis always push for more and makes few mistakes and when he does he recovers.. he almost perfected his driving in last 2-3 years already.. and best drivers do take the best seats.. there is a reason why best drivers in best seats in F1.. it was always like this.. and besides.. 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 seasons.. Lewis wasnt in the best car but he won 22 races and 1 tittle, at least one victory in each season.. how many drivers on the grid have more than 22 victories and 1 title nowadays? not much.. stats are clear my friend..
Not referring to cheating tho you bought it up.The point of my post was that Merc has such a stranglehold on whatever their tricks that fans are leaving in droves from what I am seeing, it's all very well for HAM and Wolff saying fia and Liberty are trying to slow and pull us back which is actually laughable and typical of someone who has massive advantage.
Their holier than thou attitude is tiring and with Ferrari's main objective of securing their financial advantage with Concorde agreement more important than actually producing a competitive car and looking after a loyal long term driver.
You can produce stats my friend which are meaningless to many fans who want a more balanced sport and see the writing on the wall saying Ferrari and Mercedes should leave as they are strangling the sport.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 05:05 AM   #223
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Not referring to cheating tho you bought it up.The point of my post was that Merc has such a stranglehold on whatever their tricks that fans are leaving in droves from what I am seeing, it's all very well for HAM and Wolff saying fia and Liberty are trying to slow and pull us back which is actually laughable and typical of someone who has massive advantage.
Their holier than thou attitude is tiring and with Ferrari's main objective of securing their financial advantage with Concorde agreement more important than actually producing a competitive car and looking after a loyal long term driver.
You can produce stats my friend which are meaningless to many fans who want a more balanced sport and see the writing on the wall saying Ferrari and Mercedes should leave as they are strangling the sport.
i agree for closer races and closer performances my friend.. but as i ve told earlier on Silverstone topic.. all teams except Merc's were slower in their previous years lap times almost all the time this year.. its so funny really.. wondering what did they in 1 year to make their car slower.. and then Merc' becomes a dominant team.. actually they re a proper team thats all.. i dont think things ll change so radically after new regs either then fans can start to hate even more.. Merc' do arbeiten.. if its the engine only since party mode looks a bit suspicious to people.. why Racing Point or Williams cant be dominant they have one of the most important part in motor sports they have the heart... cause its a team sport concerns every department..

in short.. you cant blame only Merc' my friend for being too good.. if Merc' is killing the competition i believe it can be at most 30-40% cause 9 other teams and probably 10.000 in total people are just sleeping.. all the other teams needs a slap to wake up for getting faster really..
      08-19-2020, 05:21 AM   #224
M5Rick
General
Rep

cause 9 other teams and probably 10.000 in total people are just sleeping.. all the other teams needs a slap to wake up for getting faster really.. [/QUOTE]

It's those teams that haven't the resources or funding as much as Merc (and don't forget Ferrari,.It's strange as I have mentioned it before but what would you say...to success balast like they have in other forms of motorsport my friend (don't know why not in F1) and please don't rush with your answer.
After all Wolff and Binotto are for fair play?

Last edited by M5Rick; 08-19-2020 at 05:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 05:37 AM   #225
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:

It's those teams that haven't the resources or funding as much as Merc (and don't forget Ferrari,.It's strange as I have mentioned it before but what would you say...to success balast like they have in other forms of motorsport my friend (don't know why not in F1) and please don't rush with your answer.
After all Wolff and Binotto are for fair play?
Red Bull, Ferrari, Renault has no financial problems my friend.. none.. if only these 3 teams would do better things d be soo different in front..

but what do you think of Williams' last 5-10 years my friend and McLaren's?
      08-19-2020, 06:10 AM   #226
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Red Bull, Ferrari, Renault has no financial problems my friend.. none.. if only these 3 teams would do better things d be soo different in front..

but what do you think of Williams' last 5-10 years my friend and McLaren's?
You know that how? compared with Merc.
Appreciate 1
      08-19-2020, 08:13 AM   #227
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
as budget you mean? Ferrari's budget "freedom" is famous but for rest you can search and see yourself my friend..
      08-19-2020, 08:27 AM   #228
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

as budget you mean? Ferrari's budget "freedom" is famous but for rest you can search and see yourself my friend..
This. Mercedes aren't over performing, the rest are underperforming. Renault, Redbull/Honda, and Ferrari have/are doing a huge disservice to the sport. Based on budget, resources, and history, these three should be performing at a much higher level. The fight should be among the top 8 with the driver making the difference.

We are being cheated of HAM vs RIC vs VET vs VER vs LEC by those three manufacturers, not Mercedes Benz.

No one ever blames the guy/gal who makes top marks in school for the slapdicks who barely pass the course, why are we doing it here?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.

Last edited by MKSixer; 08-19-2020 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 2
yco5720.50
      08-19-2020, 08:45 AM   #229
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This Mercedes aren't over performing, the rest are underperforming. Renault, Redbull/Honda, and Ferrari have/are doing a huge disservice to the sport. Based on budget, resources, and history, these three should be performing at a much higher level. The fight should be among the top 8 with the driver making the difference.

We are being cheated of HAM vs RIC vs VET vs VER vs LEC by those three manufacturers, not Mercedes Benz.

No one ever blames the guy/gal who makes top marks in school for the slapdicks who barely pass the course, why are we doing it here?
agreed...
      08-19-2020, 09:52 AM   #230
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
This. Mercedes aren't over performing, the rest are underperforming. Renault, Redbull/Honda, and Ferrari have/are doing a huge disservice to the sport. Based on budget, resources, and history, these three should be performing at a much higher level. The fight should be among the top 8 with the driver making the difference.

You're right. All the cars except for Merc are slower. You mentioned the reason why we're blaming Mercedes. It looks like fans gave up on 9 teams improving and they only want one team to be slower and then we will have the HAM vs RIC vs VET vs VER vs LEC that we want. It's like Usain Bolt competing in the social Olympics, the kids are fast for disabled kids but it's easier to slow Usain down rather than improve the speed of the kids.

Last edited by msk340i; 08-19-2020 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      08-19-2020, 09:57 AM   #231
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:

Funny you should say that because they actually do! I don't agree with it, but since college exam grades are now curved based on everyone's absolute score (in a lot of cases but not all), the top performers set the curve and get blamed by those slapdicks for ruining their curved score.
      08-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #232
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
RB16 upgrade in Spa => (Article in Dutch only) https://racingnews365.nl/red-bull-be...gp-belgi%C3%AB

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
yco5720.50
M5Rick58873.50
      08-20-2020, 04:07 AM   #233
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
RB16 upgrade in Spa => (Article in Dutch only) https://racingnews365.nl/red-bull-be...gp-belgi%C3%AB
Tanabe has said there are some doubts that of how quali mode can be controlled and it will be seen on the Mercs top speeds if the quali mode rule has any effect at Spa.
I have suggested as a less complicated method that success balast is used as in other forms of motor sports to stop a teams 'walk in the park' success but understandably no response from the Merc fans
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2020, 04:44 AM   #234
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Tanabe has said there are some doubts that of how quali mode can be controlled and it will be seen on the Mercs top speeds if the quali mode rule has any effect at Spa.
I have suggested as a less complicated method that success balast is used as in other forms of motor sports to stop a teams 'walk in the park' success but understandably no response from the Merc fans
"FIA will check legality of all Engine Recovery Systems"

=> https://www.news1.news/en/2020/08/fi...y-systems.html

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Formula 1 is examining the legality of the engine recovery systems of 2020 from the engine manufacturers in the top class. The development follows the shocking news in Barcelona last week that "party mode engine settings" are being banned from Spa-Francorchamps, although the exact wording of the technical guideline is not yet known.

Journalist Michael Schmidt explains what will happen: “What is certain is that all four engine manufacturers will have to upload detailed information about their ERS systems to the "FIA ​​server" by August 21.”

Also Renault the sjaak ?

It is generally believed that Mercedes will lose the most due to the ban on "party mode", but another manufacturer with strong engine settings in 2020 is Renault.

“There are several things related to this ban,” Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul admitted to Canal Plus.

“The FIA ​​is facing increasing difficulties in this cat and mouse game between the motorsport association and the teams. Anyone who enforces the rules must have enough data to make sure everything is in line with the rules”, he added.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      08-20-2020, 05:34 AM   #235
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
"FIA will check legality of all Engine Recovery Systems"

=> https://www.news1.news/en/2020/08/fi...y-systems.html

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Formula 1 is examining the legality of the engine recovery systems of 2020 from the engine manufacturers in the top class. The development follows the shocking news in Barcelona last week that "party mode engine settings" are being banned from Spa-Francorchamps, although the exact wording of the technical guideline is not yet known.

Journalist Michael Schmidt explains what will happen: “What is certain is that all four engine manufacturers will have to upload detailed information about their ERS systems to the "FIA ​​server" by August 21.”

Also Renault the sjaak ?

It is generally believed that Mercedes will lose the most due to the ban on "party mode", but another manufacturer with strong engine settings in 2020 is Renault.

“There are several things related to this ban,” Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul admitted to Canal Plus.

“The FIA ​​is facing increasing difficulties in this cat and mouse game between th
e motorsport association and the teams. Anyone who enforces the rules must have enough data to make sure everything is in line with the rules”, he added.
Uploading the ERS by 21st which is tomorrow is fair enough and if anyone misses an important detail then it should be picked up by the FIA server system without being hidden.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #236
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

i guess Williams in quali will be affected the most with this ban.. or they ll burn some stuff during the race..
      08-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #237
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
i guess Williams in quali will be affected the most with this ban.. or they ll burn some stuff during the race..
Let's hope there are no more incidents at Eau Rouge,the blind crest is a safety issue for the drivers keeping the late Hubert in mind.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #238
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Let's hope there are no more incidents at Eau Rouge,the blind crest is a safety issue for the drivers keeping the late Hubert in mind.
Indeed my friend . Spa-Francorchamps is dangerous . Been there...
Eau Rouge requires big balls . And the weather is always unpredictable ...
This track in the rain is very dangerous !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50
      08-20-2020, 06:32 PM   #239
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yes such a young poor guy..
i dont know if they changed the run off are a bit on the right side but i believe its really need to be a bit expanded a bit for allowing cars to slow down a bit before the hit and more importantly not to bounce back on the track after slamming on the barriers.. if not, its not really good.. then it d be a terrible experience without any lessons taken...
      08-21-2020, 02:18 AM   #240
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Talking about the weather I pray you have had some rain by now where you are and the temps have dropped to a more tolerable level my friend.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2020, 02:41 AM   #241
M5Rick
General
Rep

yes such a young poor guy..
i dont know if they changed the run off are a bit on the right side but i believe its really need to be a bit expanded a bit for allowing cars to slow down a bit before the hit and more importantly not to bounce back on the track after slamming on the barriers.. if not, its not really good.. then it d be a terrible experience without any lessons taken...[/QUOTE]

Yeah some have suggested a speed killing right turn at the blind curve then back onto the long rise or a chicane before the complex.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2020, 05:08 AM   #242
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Talking about the weather I pray you have had some rain by now where you are and the temps have dropped to a more tolerable level my friend.
We got 2 thunderstorms by the extreme heat waves (locally) In some places it was very violent , with water and mud floods
At my place we got +/- 30 min. of rain , still not enough . Last night (midnight) I drove back home from work and it was still 28°C .
Today it is 30°C . I'm dreaming from a cold winter ...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58873.50