Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

11-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #1453
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

That's fucked up lol
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 11:00 AM   #1454
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Story time: So I go home last night, look up a few videos on how to measure with the calipers. I pull the skin, read the calipers.....just a little under 10mm. I go the chart, that came with the calipers, and it states that I'm at 18.9%. I find this hard to believe, but I didn't question it. Just for shits and giggles, I get on the scale this morning and it states 17%, I don't trust this either. I grab the calipers, pinch again, just under 10mm.....I go to the interwebs and find the other chart posted below. Edit, the PDF is the original chart I was using, the one shown below is what I believe to be accurate.

SON OF A BISH!!!! This gentlemen is why it is important to have accurate information.

Check out that on the first chart age 41-45, that 8-9 =13.8, then 10-11 = 18.9, then 12-13 = 17.8. and at the same time

Have a look at this site and try the Jackson/Pollock 3 site method. Just put in your weight and age and those 3 measurements. It should get you very close to what your actual BF % is. I just get the guy that owns my gym to do a 7 site measurement on me.

A lot of it comes down to hitting the same spot consistently, and having a good set of calipers.

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
      11-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #1455
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

When I do these particular bent rows (feet on split platform, bar pivots behind me) I do it with my knees bent at about 65degrees, to take the standing pressure on my thighs instead of my lower back. I'm not doing anything any of you would consider heavy, but I am definitely bent at the waist.

Each time I step off, about 2 seconds later I get light-headed. It's almost as if the legs are cut off by the bend in the waist, yet are supporting the weight, and then when I stand all the blood rushes down there.

On the body fat, isn't the true test floating in water??? From the waist down I can't keep off the bottom of the pool. I would expect my belly would keep me afloat, but even face-down I can't stay floating. Last night it pissed me off because even after back/bi night, my arms keep wanting to float to the surface
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 11:05 AM   #1456
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Is anyone doing; clean&press, clean&jerks, cleans, pause power cleans and snatches ?

Doing all or most of those moves in a day or week/2week split ?
I do some type of clean and press or power clean in my programming as a Tier 2 exercise. That means it follows a bigger lift such as a dead-lift or rack pull.

It's rotated into my workout about 5 days apart. Not doing them all during the same workout, but picking 1 and doing it. 5 days later it will be another 1 of these...but obviously different than the previous workout.
      11-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #1457
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
When I do these particular bent rows (feet on split platform, bar pivots behind me) I do it with my knees bent at about 65degrees, to take the standing pressure on my thighs instead of my lower back. I'm not doing anything any of you would consider heavy, but I am definitely bent at the waist.

Each time I step off, about 2 seconds later I get light-headed. It's almost as if the legs are cut off by the bend in the waist, yet are supporting the weight, and then when I stand all the blood rushes down there.

On the body fat, isn't the true test floating in water??? From the waist down I can't keep off the bottom of the pool. I would expect my belly would keep me afloat, but even face-down I can't stay floating. Last night it pissed me off because even after back/bi night, my arms keep wanting to float to the surface
Same here...I always do them at about a 45° angle unless I'm doing Pendelay rows where the bar starts from the ground each rep. My knees are bent in a a position that if I were holding the bar standing straight up, I just bend forward at the angle mentioned above and let me knees rest where they land.

You can do a Bent Row almost standing straight up as long as you focus on pulling back and keeping your scapula retracted. If doing that, you will feel the muscles contract.

As for body fat....I know you can do hydro-static weighing in a pool where you exhale all the air out of your lungs..then get dunked under. It's supposed to be more accurate than most anything else. But I find calipers accurate enough to track progress. I just want to see numbers moving and not really concerned with what they say.

As JP10 says...the mirror tells all.
King Rudi13152.00
      11-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #1458
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

You guys talking about body fat, it always brings to mind Homer Simpson doing some sort of "jello jiggle" test at his Dr.s office.

After starting Homer jiggling, "Cancel my lunch and 2:00 appointments"
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-08-2019, 12:12 PM   #1459
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Have a look at this site and try the Jackson/Pollock 3 site method. Just put in your weight and age and those 3 measurements. It should get you very close to what your actual BF % is. I just get the guy that owns my gym to do a 7 site measurement on me.

A lot of it comes down to hitting the same spot consistently, and having a good set of calipers.

http://www.linear-software.com/online.html
Appreciate it sir.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #1460
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
looking good lsturbointeg ! You have some very long insertion points in the lower head of the triceps. That equates to some serious size being able to be added and gives the arm that sweeping "underbelly" when you flex your arm in a curl. Wide clavicles....I see some good genetics there.

Also I was quite proud of the fat I have gained since starting my bulk.

I don't look like a veiny penis anymore!!
thanks brother. i feel like i'm lacking in the side tricep or maybe my arm is just fat veiny penis's haha! well it's almost winter so you know everyone bulks so you're okay!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #1461
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

Thats why toilets have water I think.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #1462
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Just had a foot long corn dog, big ole donut, root beer float, and fried Oreos at the fair tonight... arm day tomorrow it's gonna be a wild ride lol
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 08:08 PM   #1463
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Extra salt made mine blow up tonight for arm day.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #1464
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Just had a foot long corn dog, big ole donut, root beer float, and fried Oreos at the fair tonight... arm day tomorrow it's gonna be a wild ride lol
fried oreos what the world!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 12:33 AM   #1465
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
thanks brother. i feel like i'm lacking in the side tricep or maybe my arm is just fat veiny penis's haha! well it's almost winter so you know everyone bulks so you're okay!
I wouldn't be concerned as you have plenty of thickness going on.

Side triceps are one of those that don't develop a lot of size anyway, so it contributes very little to arm mass. The middle and long head provide the biggest part, and the side triceps will come in more and more as you lean out.

At that point it's creating an illusion. Your arm looks bigger because it's more defined.
      11-09-2019, 12:35 AM   #1466
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

And yes...it's slightly past 1:30am and I woke up about 15 minutes ago wide awake.

But I feel like I've been asleep for 10 hours already!! Guess I'll go browse the corvette forum.
      11-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #1467
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't be concerned as you have plenty of thickness going on.

Side triceps are one of those that don't develop a lot of size anyway, so it contributes very little to arm mass. The middle and long head provide the biggest part, and the side triceps will come in more and more as you lean out.

At that point it's creating an illusion. Your arm looks bigger because it's more defined.
I struggle with outer head as well want it to be larger and come down further but partially genetics. Mines decent but always a focus when I do tris.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #1468
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I struggle with outer head as well want it to be larger and come down further but partially genetics. Mines decent but always a focus when I do tris.
Yup! Been doing some isolation movements. I think my tats hides it lol cause when I wear long sleeves I can see them
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #1469
big pimp
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 M50d & Dakar Yellow E46 M3

Any CrossFitters hit 20.5 yet?

My legs are burned out ��
      11-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #1470
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Felt like all I did was eat this weekend, but doesn't seem like I put on any unwanted weight. Hit legs pretty hard and a lot of cardio (watch said I burnt 1000 calories in the gym yesterday) so that most likely helped. Had a wild back/tri day this morning, most likely due to the ridiculous amount of food yesterday.

Think I'm going to start a little cut this week until 11/23, see if I can lean out a little before Thanksgiving. Sitting around 195-200 right now going to shoot for 190, shouldn't be too difficult since I've been a surplus recently.

Lower back feels like it is back to 100%, but with that said I'm not pushing it too hard yet. Never know when something stupid will fuck it up. Although compared to the first time when I injured my back a few years ago and the 6months of recovery I couldn't be happier with only 5 days of issues!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      11-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #1471
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Killing leg day at the gym boys!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #1472
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I took today off legal pretty sore so just rolled and rode bike.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #1473
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Started back at the gym this morning after two whole weeks away from it. I felt like a pansy with the weight I was using.......but I learned a long time ago how important it is to ease back into things or else you pay the price.

I'm not worried though and just stay covered up. Plus "muscle memory" is a hell of a thing!

I'm hoping to be setting some new personal bests in the next 6-8 weeks!
      11-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #1474
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Started back at the gym this morning after two whole weeks away from it. I felt like a pansy with the weight I was using.......but I learned a long time ago how important it is to ease back into things or else you pay the price.

I'm not worried though and just stay covered up. Plus "muscle memory" is a hell of a thing!

I'm hoping to be setting some new personal bests in the next 6-8 weeks!
I bet those joints feel great after that amount of time off. I don't know how you went 2 weeks without going, hell I miss a day and I feel lazy to an extent!

What're your calories going to be looking like the next 6-8weeks? I know last you talked you were bringing them back down after bulking.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00