Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

01-06-2023, 10:47 PM   #23
tommyb13662
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Mine was finally fixed a few weeks ago. All new batteries sadly they actually manufactured new 7.1kwh cells not putting in the newer 11.6kwh. Also battery safety module, the in battery box wire harnesses, and i guess the charging module as well. Its finally alive again. But....

Only to find a cracked transmission housing. In 2021 had an engine mount fail while i was driving made engine/trans drop and ripped a cv axel apart. Damaged a bunch of crap. Odly enough the cv axel they replaced barely 2k miles ago also failed again??? So they now have to build a NEW TRANSMISSION!!! My estimated return date is sometime end of February or March :-(
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2023, 01:35 PM   #24
tommyb13662
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I just received my i8 back again last Tuesday. I'm very disgusted by the dealership. The car is not in the same condition I dropped it off in. Running fine all the new parts are ok.

HOWEVER

1. THE DASH IS PEELING BACK!!! They left it facing southwest sitting for months waiting for parts in the Florida sun. Claim it's normal wear they are not responsible.

2. Impact and delamination of the carbon fiber roof. Looks like heavy tool dropped on it maybe.

3 same for door sill. Looks like tool was dropped on it while door was open. Called bmwUSA am told it's not their fault. Even though it's in their care.
Appreciate 0