BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-12-2022, 10:12 AM   #287
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Other than venting you won't accomplish anything. I know it is easy for me to say but just acknowledge the politicians got you and move on. The $7,500 is not worth the stress, headaches, aggravation, etc. in my opinion. Once you get the vehicle and are driving it you will not be thinking about how much it cost.
You’re right
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 10:36 AM   #288
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
It's not a BMW thing, it's a US Congress thing. For those unhappy with the results, my only suggestion is to use your personal and singular benefit of the plebiscite to make sure whatever Caesar or conclave you next collectively bestow with the laurels doesn't do it again, or something worse.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 10:40 AM   #289
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
It's not a BMW thing, it's a US Congress thing. For those unhappy with the results, my only suggestion is to use your personal and singular benefit of the plebiscite to make sure whatever Caesar or conclave you next collectively bestow with the laurels doesn't do it again, or something worse.
Well said, but easier to complain to BMW that they could have been more like Rivian for example and done something vs nothing.

Fruitless endeavor either way tho
Appreciate 1
Paladin15457.50
      09-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #290
grueber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
Any of you guys try talking to BMW USA about all this? Seems like customer service is a waste of time, but perhaps another way to reach someone that matters - would be nice to vent
I don't think it's BMW's fault that a bunch of clowns wrote legislation that doesn't follow standard auto buying norms. Or that the IRS choose to release their interpretation of said laws the day it was signed.

See how it plays out.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #291
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
Well said, but easier to complain to BMW that they could have been more like Rivian for example and done something vs nothing.

Fruitless endeavor either way tho
Really was nothing they could have done due to the dealership model and existing state laws. They are not allowed to sell directly to consumers and the dealers are independent businesses.
      09-12-2022, 12:32 PM   #292
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grueber View Post
I don't think it's BMW's fault that a bunch of clowns wrote legislation that doesn't follow standard auto buying norms. Or that the IRS choose to release their interpretation of said laws the day it was signed.

See how it plays out.
From another perspective, the $7500 credit without income limit and such also does not follow norms neither, so this IRA just normalizes all those and realign incentives in other ways, esp. when EV industry is thriving.

And unfortunately IRS couldn't have issued any guidance prior to enactment. Manufacturers did make educated guesses, it is just that some guessed right, while some didn't.
Appreciate 0