BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-04-2021, 10:26 AM   #23
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Was reading that bystanders heard her screaming while her RAV4 was engulfed in flames and couldn’t get out. What a horrific way to go. Also, this clown was acting like an idiot at the hospital. Is 20 years satisfactory? And speaking about him playing in the NFL again, NO CHANCE. Gruden will be banned from the league for things he said eons ago while this idiot killed someone and her dog. Tell me, what’s worse?
hes not going to play.

most experts are guessing at a minimum 10 years in jail. And its not like hes been great so far in the league. His biggest asset is his athleticism and 10 years in jail isnt going to keep him in shape enough that any team would even consider the pr nightmare of bringing him in when he gets out.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 10:40 AM   #24
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
oh my understanding was it was just BS aka the speed limiter. didn't know about all this forensic car stuff.

i see the blvds in vegas I could easily hit 155.

such a shame. the risk you take drunk driving is so destructive compared to other stupid ass shit you can do in your life.
My comments were just an overview of the techniques and tools available. It usually takes some time to analyze all the data, but there may be some information out there that these conclusions were based on.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #25
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
I doubt he'll do the time that he should. Hope I'm wrong.
agreed, theyll come up with some bullshit to supress evidence
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #26
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
agreed, theyll come up with some bullshit to supress evidence
That or it will be "he was drinking heavily due to stress" and he will be walking free in 5 years. Maybe he will transition into a woman and suddenly not be the one associated with committing the crime.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 11:32 AM   #27
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
That or it will be "he was drinking heavily due to stress" and he will be walking free in 5 years. Maybe he will transition into a woman and suddenly not be the one associated with committing the crime.
I look forward to his/her failed run as a republican in california and then the subsequent "I cant believe they don't accept me, here is this story about how I was talking to one of my fellow private plane enthusiasts about how unfair California is to us." interview.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13157.00
      11-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #28
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
"I will always be here for him," Carr said.

"I do sit back and I think — did I not let him know that I’d be there for him at 3 a.m.? I want to be better. Could I have been better to help? I just wish I could have done something."

They are friends. what do you want him to say? fuck him i wish he was dead?

if someone you were close to made an idiotic decision, would you disown them?
no, i wouldn't tell him that but because Derek Carr is the QB for the Raiders i would have not said anything to the media because it makes it sould like he was more concerned with his friend than the lady who just lost her life
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:37 PM   #29
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
hes not going to play.

most experts are guessing at a minimum 10 years in jail. And its not like hes been great so far in the league. His biggest asset is his athleticism and 10 years in jail isnt going to keep him in shape enough that any team would even consider the pr nightmare of bringing him in when he gets out.
Don't forget the times we live in. We currently reside in the backwards society. It wouldn't surprise me if GM sponsored the guy.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #30
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Don't forget the times we live in. We currently reside in the backwards society. It wouldn't surprise me if GM sponsored the guy.
But cancel culture?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 01:00 PM   #31
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
But cancel culture?
Yes, we (not "us", but "them") have canceled common sense and put us where we are. Cancel Culture and backwards land can co-exist. They will cancel the right thing to do, go completely sideways and accept some stupid bullshit.

My guess is that some Beer Fest "They're not that drunk" card will be played, the poor deceased woman's dog will get sued for hurting Ruggs feelings, then there will be national uproar that will divide us yet again. Extra points if the dog identified as an alpaca.
Appreciate 5
      11-04-2021, 01:45 PM   #32
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Personally, I'm kinda glad he didn't get the easy way out (death)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #33
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
while this idiot killed someone and her dog. Tell me, what’s worse?
Her dog was with her??? NOW I'M REALLY ANGRY
Appreciate 2
UncleWede18079.00
Bunnny219.50
      11-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #34
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
"I will always be here for him," Carr said.

"I do sit back and I think — did I not let him know that I’d be there for him at 3 a.m.? I want to be better. Could I have been better to help? I just wish I could have done something."

They are friends. what do you want him to say? fuck him i wish he was dead?

if someone you were close to made an idiotic decision, would you disown them?
I had a guy who was a close friend of mine and we eventually became best friends over 15 years did something heinous that I’ve talked shit about all my life. Stopped talking to him soon after and have no desire to see his face again. I’m betting we were closer than these two.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #35
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

They're going to make an example out of him. There is 0 chance he gets a light sentence. The last thing Vegas wants is the idea that athletes are partying / getting drunk and 'getting away with it.' That was a major hurdle in getting their first pro team in the first place.

Remember, Vegas is in the running for an NBA team also.

It is unfortunate that this piece of garbage survived and the girl didn't. Seems to always work like that in these fatal DUI's
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 03:32 PM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Didn't the judge make some comment about never having heard of a DUI that high of BAC and speed?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #37
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Let's just see how this plays out and we'll revisit in the thread. He'll be out on "good behaviour" way before whatever sentence he is assigned is up. I'm still guessing he's out in 5 years. 10 at the tops.

The courts place a value on human life pretty easily now. Kind of crazy when you think about it in those terms...just how little you are worth to a judge.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113247.00
      11-04-2021, 04:37 PM   #38
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

sucks for everyone though. Lady lost her life. And this guy probably isn't going to collect much of the $16M contract he just signed, or ever be resigned. Couldn't imagine going from a 4M a year salary to flipping burgers at mcdonalds the rest of my life.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 06:01 PM   #39
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I was watching some ESPN and other sports shows yesterday and couldn't believe some of the talk about him. It's not sad he may never play again. Fuck him!! Even if he got no jail time, he should be out of the league. Only thing that should be talked about is how some poor woman was killed by this fucking moron!! It's a shame he lived. That's typical in these scenarios unfortunately. The drunk idiot makes it and kills others
Yep. I still remember one of the DUI calls I was on. Two guys drunk out celebrating the passenger's birthday. Drunk driver hits a patch of black ice at a very high rate of speed. Hits a snow bank which launches the car about 5 feet off the ground and hits a tree a few feet above the ground in the front yard of a home. The tree was the only thing blocking the car from flying into the house. The passenger side of the car is what makes contact with the tree. Passenger's head was thrown out the side window opening where his jaw catches the tree trunk subsequently hyperextending his neck. He gets ejected from the vehicle where he is laying in the front yard of said house. The first arriving BLS unit starts CPR and we were told each chest compression was causing the passenger's neck to inflate meaning he was bleeding into his neck.

I was dispatched in one of the two ALS units from my station to the scene. The other unit assumed patient care of the passenger and immediately went off to the trauma center. We were waiting for the driver to be extricated out of the vehicle. The squad truck from our station was doing the extrication where the roof had to be pulled back to gain access to the driver. The driver's seat had collapsed so he was laying flat. He had not a single scratch on him. We still transported him to said trauma center due to the severity of the crash.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113247.00
      11-04-2021, 06:07 PM   #40
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Let's just see how this plays out and we'll revisit in the thread. He'll be out on "good behaviour" way before whatever sentence he is assigned is up. I'm still guessing he's out in 5 years. 10 at the tops.

The courts place a value on human life pretty easily now. Kind of crazy when you think about it in those terms...just how little you are worth to a judge.
I'm actually all for the death penalty in this case. If you drive 156mph and kill someone when you are 2x over the legal limit, you do not deserve to be part of society. The fact he is at home right now probably 'resting comfortably' makes my blood boil.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7939.00
      11-04-2021, 06:30 PM   #41
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
sucks for everyone though. Lady lost her life. And this guy probably isn't going to collect much of the $16M contract he just signed, or ever be resigned. Couldn't imagine going from a 4M a year salary to flipping burgers at mcdonalds the rest of my life.
That's not how the world works. If he's charged with a felony, he'll be suspended WITH pay from the NFL for starters.

Then, he can hire the best of the best with the millions he has. Bail was barely over 100K as it was.

He'll be out in a few years if that and depending on how he held himself while incarcerated (I.E found god / Allah / jehovah) and glowing reviews from chaplain, guards, shrinks, warden, he'll be released a "reformed" man. Then, if the NFL is in need of a fluff piece on rehabilitated individuals or they need another headline to take away from a head coach sending stupid emails or a QB fondling a female reporter, they'll reinstate him to take attention away from current headlines.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #42
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and came out relatively unharmed.
How it always seems to happen with DUI. The impaired driver will maybe have a cut or a bruise and the other party almost always winds up severely injured or death.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 08:34 AM   #43
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
That's not how the world works. If he's charged with a felony, he'll be suspended WITH pay from the NFL for starters.

Then, he can hire the best of the best with the millions he has. Bail was barely over 100K as it was.

He'll be out in a few years if that and depending on how he held himself while incarcerated (I.E found god / Allah / jehovah) and glowing reviews from chaplain, guards, shrinks, warden, he'll be released a "reformed" man. Then, if the NFL is in need of a fluff piece on rehabilitated individuals or they need another headline to take away from a head coach sending stupid emails or a QB fondling a female reporter, they'll reinstate him to take attention away from current headlines.
hes already been cut... He is most likely going to be paying back a significant portion of his signing bonus as well. $10mill signing bonus, that he will get to keep a few million from, and his ~1mill salary from last season leaves him with probably not a lot of money with how young NFL players typically spend their money.

bail was set as it typically was for this type of flight risk. bail isnt supposed to be a punishment. that is what the trial and subsequent sentencing is. bail is just another incentive to make sure they show up for trial.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 09:07 AM   #44
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

hes already been cut... He is most likely going to be paying back a significant portion of his signing bonus as well. $10mill signing bonus, that he will get to keep a few million from, and his ~1mill salary from last season leaves him with probably not a lot of money with how young NFL players typically spend their money.

bail was set as it typically was for this type of flight risk. bail isnt supposed to be a punishment. that is what the trial and subsequent sentencing is. bail is just another incentive to make sure they show up for trial.
I hope he is a single car accident on his way to court and gets burned to a crisp. Karma mother fucker!!
Appreciate 0