Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

07-13-2020, 12:46 PM   #2355
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Sheesh, I've had no supplements in months. Trying to save a little cash for the wedding, so something had to give lol. Syntha-6 is so damb tasty!
I find it cheaper to order everything in large quantities because than I won't be ordering every month
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #2356
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I find it cheaper to order everything in large quantities because than I won't be ordering every month
I hear ya, I usually order everything from MyProtein. They have the best deals I've ever seen. Think right now is 35% off everything, and free shit once you hit certain price thresholds. Usually the deals are even greater though, like around 50-60% off!
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2020, 10:38 AM   #2357
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Closed again
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #2358
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Closed again
No shit... Mine is still kicking for now. Mandatory masks though, feel like I about died on the stair master yesterday evening!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 07:34 AM   #2359
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

So I had an interesting thought while I was trying to fall asleep last night. All of you are most likely aware of the saying that "time is money". I'd say I spend somewhere around the range of 400-500hrs a year working out (calculated it out for the first time this morning, damn that seems like a lot lol). Avg salary in the US was $48,672.00 in 2019. So that is roughly $23/hr. So based on my time in the gym, somewhere around $9200-$11500/yr. Now this is a BMW forum, so it is relatively safe to say that the hourly rate could be near doubled.

So then I thought to myself, would any average person spend that amount of money in order to be in great shape per year. Now don't get me wrong I know people can spend the cash to enhance (or maybe decrease in others eye's) their physical appearance through means of implants, lipo, and more. But say in the future they discovered a way to genetically enhance physical appearance through other means. (I know, I'm getting a little sci-fi now haha) Would people go out of their way to pay that amount to avoid the never ending progress in the gym.

Next thought was do I value, $18k-22k/yr, my physique to that extent. Hence do I see worth in being in the shape that I am. Obviously I do see the benefit and worth in going to the gym for not only physical improvements, but mental I.e. stress relief, perseverance, and more. But hell that is a shit load of money!! lol.

Anyways, interested in hearing what y'all have to say in regards to this outrageous thought!

Back on topic, this morning was leg day. Was a little rushed in there, but got some solid cardio in. I was 179lbs Monday evening, probably plus or minus 2-3lbs right now. Slowly creeping up on the wedding, so really going to dial it in here soon!
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #2360
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So I had an interesting thought while I was trying to fall asleep last night. All of you are most likely aware of the saying that "time is money". I'd say I spend somewhere around the range of 400-500hrs a year working out (calculated it out for the first time this morning, damn that seems like a lot lol). Avg salary in the US was $48,672.00 in 2019. So that is roughly $23/hr. So based on my time in the gym, somewhere around $9200-$11500/yr. Now this is a BMW forum, so it is relatively safe to say that the hourly rate could be near doubled.

So then I thought to myself, would any average person spend that amount of money in order to be in great shape per year. Now don't get me wrong I know people can spend the cash to enhance (or maybe decrease in others eye's) their physical appearance through means of implants, lipo, and more. But say in the future they discovered a way to genetically enhance physical appearance through other means. (I know, I'm getting a little sci-fi now haha) Would people go out of their way to pay that amount to avoid the never ending progress in the gym.

Next thought was do I value, $18k-22k/yr, my physique to that extent. Hence do I see worth in being in the shape that I am. Obviously I do see the benefit and worth in going to the gym for not only physical improvements, but mental I.e. stress relief, perseverance, and more. But hell that is a shit load of money!! lol.

Anyways, interested in hearing what y'all have to say in regards to this outrageous thought!

Back on topic, this morning was leg day. Was a little rushed in there, but got some solid cardio in. I was 179lbs Monday evening, probably plus or minus 2-3lbs right now. Slowly creeping up on the wedding, so really going to dial it in here soon!
Bro...just go to sleep! all that thinking probably took 2 hours away and now you just lost all your gains lol
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      07-15-2020, 09:27 AM   #2361
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bro...just go to sleep! all that thinking probably took 2 hours away and now you just lost all your gains lol
Lol, I was in a delusional & exhausted state when that thought popped in my head. And I had almost completely forgotten about it until I visited this section of the forum. Then I ran some quick numbers, and as I typed it I thought to myself "damn, you're losing your mind pal". hahaha
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2020, 03:16 PM   #2362
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol, I was in a delusional & exhausted state when that thought popped in my head. And I had almost completely forgotten about it until I visited this section of the forum. Then I ran some quick numbers, and as I typed it I thought to myself "damn, you're losing your mind pal". hahaha
LOL on that note i don't want to think about how many hours in the gym, how much money in gym fees, how much money in product, how much on clothing, how much on gas to get there just to figure out with all that work and time it only shows a gained of 10-25lbs of muscle

on the other hand i would like to start clocking the amount of time i keep looking at all these yoga pants walking around it's probably the same amount of time haha!
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      07-16-2020, 08:01 AM   #2363
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Well, the wedding venue is shutting down through September. So now we are pushing everything to 2021... Pretty bummed about this, but we were concerned with the out-of-town people not being able to attend so maybe it is for the best. What I am annoyed about is the fact that I am damn near wedding shape. So idk what I want to do now. Continue to cut or start bulking. Decisions decisions...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #2364
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, the wedding venue is shutting down through September. So now we are pushing everything to 2021... Pretty bummed about this, but we were concerned with the out-of-town people not being able to attend so maybe it is for the best. What I am annoyed about is the fact that I am damn near wedding shape. So idk what I want to do now. Continue to cut or start bulking. Decisions decisions...
just keep working out. unless that's all you planned for was just to look good on your big wedding day?

so i'm always wearing stringers and tank tops to the gym. there's quite a few times last week and this week i wore just a t-shirt and man does it bother me big time. maybe it's just me but i feel suffocated and i sweat even more. really mind efs me cause i feel like i'm overheating! anyone else feel the same way or am i just being a bitch
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      07-17-2020, 06:26 AM   #2365
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
just keep working out. unless that's all you planned for was just to look good on your big wedding day?

so i'm always wearing stringers and tank tops to the gym. there's quite a few times last week and this week i wore just a t-shirt and man does it bother me big time. maybe it's just me but i feel suffocated and i sweat even more. really mind efs me cause i feel like i'm overheating! anyone else feel the same way or am i just being a bitch
Definitely going to keep working out, just not all to sure what direction to go.

I haven't worn cut-offs or stringers in years. Always athletic t-shirts (so more of a meshish material rather then a thick fabric). Don't get me wrong, my arms look pretty solid. Usually can see my veins through my shirt, just not my style. I also love to sweat, odd I know, but by the end of each of my workouts I am completely drenched. Side note, yes I am very courteous about wiping the equipment down afterwards, no one wants to sit in my sweat haha.

Lifted arms today for the first time in probably months. Have been on more of a 4 day rotation for a little awhile now. Back/tri -> shoulder/bi -> legs -> chest -> repeat. Decided to mix it up with an arm day instead of repeating, then I'll hit legs tomorrow. Had a mean pump! Fiance made some cinnamon sugar blondies last night and I ate roughly half the batch since my weight is way down and I don't give a sh*t lol.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2020, 07:36 AM   #2366
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:

You missed the other huge benefit of working out. General health. If you want to apply the same financial analysis, just think of how much money that would be spent on medical treatments for ailments resulting from being out of shape. I would venture it would be a lot more money than what you're calculating. And ultimately, the ultimate price which you can't put a dollar figure on is your life.

Look at how many out of shape people there are. I've been going to the beach a lot over the past couple of months. That's a place where you can't hide anything. It's amazing how many out of shape and overweight people there are.
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      07-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #2367
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
You missed the other huge benefit of working out. General health. If you want to apply the same financial analysis, just think of how much money that would be spent on medical treatments for ailments resulting from being out of shape. I would venture it would be a lot more money than what you're calculating. And ultimately, the ultimate price which you can't put a dollar figure on is your life.

Look at how many out of shape people there are. I've been going to the beach a lot over the past couple of months. That's a place where you can't hide anything. It's amazing how many out of shape and overweight people there are.
Completely agree, and well said. It is a little shameful in regards to the obesity rate of the US compared to other countries. Public health needs to be a larger concern. I'd be interested in how many COVID related deaths are those of obese adults.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5139.00
      07-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #2368
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Still not very motivated to eat or train. Go almost every day but goingnthru motions not pushing.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 02:25 PM   #2369
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I did 4 oz curls the last couple of nights. Funny, it makes my whole body ache the next morning
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 02:41 PM   #2370
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I did 4 oz curls the last couple of nights. Funny, it makes my whole body ache the next morning
Chug 20oz of water before bed and keep more water on your night stand for throughout the night. You've been at this long enough you should know the methods by now!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #2371
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Still not very motivated to eat or train. Go almost every day but goingnthru motions not pushing.
Set a goal brotato and get after it. With nothing to shoot for progress stalls. I'm debating my next goal now that the wedding is pushed.

I'd like to run a half marathon and work up to a full. But damn that is a lot of running... lol
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #2372
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Set a goal brotato and get after it. With nothing to shoot for progress stalls. I'm debating my next goal now that the wedding is pushed.

I'd like to run a half marathon and work up to a full. But damn that is a lot of running... lol
Going thru a surprise divorce. Havent been able to get much done.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #2373
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Shit. I know how you feel. Just finalized mine in February. Feel for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 05:00 PM   #2374
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Shit. I know how you feel. Just finalized mine in February. Feel for you.
Yeah its terrible.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 11:06 PM   #2375
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Dude

Pm if needed
      07-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #2376
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Had a routine visit with my cardiologist yesterday. Went through the usual, are you still weight training? You know you need to stop. Etc. Etc.

But that's not the point of this post. The nurse was doing vitals on me prior to the doc seeing me. She puts a BP cuff on me and says I think we'll have to use a bigger one. She takes my BP. Immediately feels it's off. Asked if I took my high blood pressure medication. I say yes. So she puts on the bigger cuff and retakes my BP. She then says, that's more like it. Said if the cuff is too small, it puts artificial pressure onto the arm and causes a high BP reading.

So I guess I'm doing something right in the arms department. LOL.
Appreciate 0