BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

11-16-2019, 11:54 PM   #89
WestRace
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Warren wealth tax it becoming like a parody of sort - a perfect SNL cold open. To be frank about it, it's a joke. It's a child Legoland.

Does she even know how things work? To her, the world is like 3+5 = 8. But it's more like E=(c2)m lols.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?mod=home-page
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:07 AM   #90
hubbahubba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
Warren wealth tax it becoming like a parody of sort - a perfect SNL cold open. To be frank about it, it's a joke. It's a child Legoland.

Does she even know how things work? To her, the world is like 3+5 = 8. But it's more like E=(c2)m lols.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...?mod=home-page

The part that they (Warren, and others), just don't get is, it's not how much more or less those guys on the list are worth, it's that it's up to Warren et al to say how much is enough for one person to be worth in the first place. Who do they think they are to know better than any person on that list how to best handle their money? And why do THEY get to decide these things? Pretty egotistical, don't you think?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:18 AM   #91
WestRace
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
The part that they (Warren, and others), just don't get is, it's not how much more or less those guys on the list are worth, it's that it's up to Warren et al to say how much is enough for one person to be worth in the first place. Who do they think they are to know better than any person on that list how to best handle their money? And why do THEY get to decide these things? Pretty egotistical, don't you think?
The way she goes about her so called "Medicare for All" and "Tax the Rich" is more like a vanity, a political play, than anything of substance. My problem with the wealth tax has nothing to do with being a democrat or republican. It just does not make sense even if I personally think there is a real wealth gap that should be addressed.

Take Bezos for example. First his wealth is 100% (maybe 99%) determined by Amazon stock values but that is pure speculation. The guy does not have $130B in cash anywhere. Now if for whatever reason, next year, Amazon revenue and profit are flat which is not that outside the realm of possibility, the stock value could fall as much as 30% or more. So now his wealth is only about $90B (130 x .3 ~ 90B). So how do you tax that? All these wealth is just pure speculation.

It's like during the 2008 housing bubble. Tons of people refinanced their over-inflated house for cash but after the housing crash, they ended up owing so much money.

It seems like her poll numbers are falling in Iowa so now she's back tracking from her "Medicare for All".

But besides all the politics, of all the candidates, she's a very unpleasant person to look at. There's something about her that I just don't want to see.

Quote:
Elizabeth Warren unshackles herself from 'Medicare for all'
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/eliza...200440685.html
Appreciate 0