BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yugo

Is your BMW your only money pit?

Woodworking. Before and after.

The boys wanted it to look a bit "industrial" so construction lumber was used.

Not sure how the pictures will turn out through the app. Safari and Chrome crashed on my phone trying to embed picture links.

I have other money pits too lol.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
ucmike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

I go out to eat too often. I usually think its no big deal to go out with friends, but this month I have already spent $250 on lunches. Not including dinners and happy hours....

Do I enjoy it? Yes! Do I want to learn how to cook? Maybe, lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucmike
I go out to eat too often. I usually think its no big deal to go out with friends, but this month I have already spent $250 on lunches. Not including dinners and happy hours....

Do I enjoy it? Yes! Do I want to learn how to cook? Maybe, lol.
That's a week for me for my lunch breaks. I don't cook either.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
Douche
Banned
Rep

On the other hand I only spend money on gas (and my cars do 30mpg), oil/filters and coin washes (plus shampoo and the whole shebang). They're not money pits at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 08:15 PM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I used to go out so much that I spent most of money on just eating out and hanging out with people. On top of that I buy random ass things. All that has stopped though. I am a lot more careful with my spending now. Now my biggest expense is car payment.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #6
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Guns and ammo are fairly large consumers of cash for me
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2015, 09:25 PM   #7
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Photography gear. I keep buying new stuff and telling myself I'll sell the older stuff, but then I never get around to it. I really need to turn a bunch of it into cash.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 10:06 PM   #8
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

04-19-2015, 10:18 PM   #9
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep

Guns? Ammo? Can we say, "Zombie Apocalypse Ready". Lol.

Camera?

1DX - awesome sensor. Blows away any other 35mm sensor, regardless of pixels.

Pictures removed.....still dont see why a picture of a gun is such a no-no. Theres videos of drivers and others getting killed...but that gun, lol.

Last edited by Woodengun; 04-19-2015 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #10
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

You're new here so you may get a warning for posting a picture of what you did. But you also may get a vacation from the forum.

I'm with you though. The majority of my disposable income goes towards shooting sports. Love my SCAR16 in FDE among others.
      04-19-2015, 11:19 PM   #11
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep

? I'm no criminal. All my firearms and ammunition are legal. Heck, none of them even need a NFA stamp.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 11:27 PM   #12
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodengun View Post
? I'm no criminal. All my firearms and ammunition are legal. Heck, none of them even need a NFA stamp.
doesn't matter around here

btw, got a scar 17, I like your collection too
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 06:20 AM   #13
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Only because this is for my personal use/will be a place to get away from work (no intention of selling) will I NOT consider this an investment but a money pit.

Just bought this piece of land, beach front/direct access to the beach- in Playas. Permits are in the works, with construction beginning shortly after.

Let's hope my dream beach home is completed by this time next year
Attached Images

04-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #14
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Only because this is for my personal use/will be a place to get away from work (no intention of selling) will I NOT consider this an investment but a money pit.

Just bought this piece of land, beach front/direct access to the beach- in Playas. Permits are in the works, with construction beginning shortly after.

Let's hope my dream beach home is completed by this time next year
i'm in.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #15
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Pictures removed.....still dont see why a picture of a gun is such a no-no. Theres videos of drivers and others getting killed...but that gun, lol.
Because this forum is apparently inhabited by a bunch of pussies who like to cry and complain about things that shouldn't matter.

I agree, it's pretty fucking stupid you can post a video of a guy getting shot down in the middle of day time but can't post a picture of a fucking firearm.

I digress.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 09:49 AM   #16
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

My M4 is probably my biggest money pit (actually been thinking about getting into something else because of that), but aside from it, the next-closest thing would probably just be spending money on lots of random shit that I don't really need. To be fair, it's nice to just be able to blow a little here and there without worrying about it and being able to go out and have fun with friends without penny pinching, but whenever I check my checking account, I'm always like, "Where tf did all of that money go?"
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #17
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
Quote:
Because this forum is apparently inhabited by a bunch of pussies who like to cry and complain about things that shouldn't matter.

I agree, it's pretty fucking stupid you can post a video of a guy getting shot down in the middle of day time but can't post a picture of a fucking firearm.

I digress.
I don't think the rules would allow for one to post videos of themselves shooting somebody down.

Allowing the redistribution of public domain footage is different than allowing for the hosting of new pictures/videos that foster something that relates to violence and/or crime.

The only ones crying are the ones being held back by this rule, from what I can see. Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #18
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Scuba diving is quite the money suck.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #19
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche View Post
I don't think the rules would allow for one to post videos of themselves shooting somebody down.

Allowing the redistribution of public domain footage is different than allowing for the hosting of new pictures/videos that foster something that relates to violence and/or crime.

The only ones crying are the ones being held back by this rule, from what I can see. Lol
To be fair, I don't see why it's even a rule in the first place. It seems kind of ridiculous, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even buy a lot of guns, let alone post pictures of them.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #20
Woodengun
Lieutenant
Rep

There are plenty of gun pictures in the "public domain"

Anyways - back to money pits.

---------

Hope that beach house goes well. I have a place up in the mountains - the family ski getaway. Needs a new roof....$12k gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 11:11 AM   #21
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

No. Unfortunately... Clothes and Shoes and buying random shit often, is a regular occurrence.
      04-20-2015, 11:36 AM   #22
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche View Post

It's statements like this that tend upset those who uphold everyone's second amendment right. There are more than 350,000,000 guns in this country which have never been involved in a violent or criminal act. Your statement seems to implies that you view a law abiding gun owning citizen as a violent criminal.

The only people who could possibly be perceived as "crying" about it are the ones who weren't here to witness the events that lead to a current rule that doesn't make sense. The explanation below shows how that rule came to be and why it doesn't have to make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr View Post
To be fair, I don't see why it's even a rule in the first place. It seems kind of ridiculous, and this is coming from someone who doesn't even buy a lot of guns, let alone post pictures of them.
Quote:
There are plenty of gun pictures in the "public domain"

Anyways - back to money pits.

---------

Hope that beach house goes well. I have a place up in the mountains - the family ski getaway. Needs a new roof....$12k gone.
Back story for the new guys.

For years we had several threads in the general OT that were firearm related. i.e., "Official Hand gun thread" "Official Black rifle thread" "Official home defense thread" etc....

After gaining enough traction on the subject the forum administrators decided to open a dedicated Weapons sub-forum. (like watches, fitness, etc... ) When this happened, the new threads in the weapons sub-forum mistakenly showed up in the "new posts" list. Which they shouldn't have. 1 member threw a fit and picked up the support of 1 other member who was vocal about opposing the new sub-forum.

After a knock down drag out internet debate between those who were participating in the new sub-forum and the two who were opposed to it, and i'm sure many, many reported posts. The forum administrators / owners saw that it was in the forum's best interest to delete the new weapons sub-forum along with all the previous threads while also make an unwritten rule that no photos of weapons were allowed to be posted in the forum.

That's the long and short of it.

Oh yeah, one more tid-bit of info, the member who was vehemently against the weapons sub-forum is no longer a member here.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 04-20-2015 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 1