Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

06-18-2021, 03:40 PM   #89
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnaukkar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideDK View Post
I hate to live in a country where cars are so expensive

I'm at around USD 100.000 for the i4 M50 with these extras: mem. seats, active CC, HK, sunroof, Parking Assistant Plus, Ambient light and tow bar.
Hahah I did the math and I'm just over 100k USD as well

i4 M50 base + tow bar + laser lights + live cockpit pro + ambient + electric seats + lumbar adj + seat width adj + driving pro + parking pro + leather + hk + comfort access + 861 wheels + metallic paint + red brake calibers + seat heating front&back + drive recorder + heated steering wheel + wireless phone charger

So everything is extra ...
Shhh BMW might read this and put the prices up 🤣

Did a quick conversion and it's about the same in GBP, maybe 2-3K more
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 03:46 PM   #90
Neilsafc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 touring

One question I have that I'd like to know the answer to is about the M50 seats.
On all the press they have the M sport seats but with the configuration not being available on the UK site yet its a bit of guess work as to if they will be std or an add on. On the gran coupe M440i it's an extra so I suspect it's going to be more but it would be interesting with them badging it as a M car.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #91
mosiris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilsafc View Post
I have ordered the M50 in Brooklyn Grey. Haven’t looked at any extras yet, got to End of July to lock them in. I did like the frozen blue but at £2495 extra it was just too rich for me. Gone with the no cost extra of Brooklyn Grey.
One of the first to order in the north east of England. Going from a 320i G20 and second car of a Nissan Leaf.
Lucky. Still waiting to order in ny
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 01:08 AM   #92
Chrisss_GER
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilsafc View Post
One question I have that I'd like to know the answer to is about the M50 seats.
On all the press they have the M sport seats but with the configuration not being available on the UK site yet its a bit of guess work as to if they will be std or an add on. On the gran coupe M440i it's an extra so I suspect it's going to be more but it would be interesting with them badging it as a M car.
I guess the M sport seats will be available as an option, also in the UK because the visualizer shows the normal Sportseats on bmw uk website.
Immediately after publication, the M sport seats could be selected in many visualizations. Now for some reason they are gone.
However, they can still be selected on the Swedish BMW website. Klick
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #93
vzz03r
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

It's an order, not a "pre-order".
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4651.00
      06-21-2021, 08:56 AM   #94
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzz03r View Post
Bingo! Perfect! This is an ongoing annoyance of mine as well. A “preheated” oven is cold. “Preboarding” at the airport is being at the gate, etc.
Appreciate 1
soheil64.50
      06-21-2021, 09:27 AM   #95
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzz03r View Post
An order will have a production number otherwise, it is a pre-order.

For those that "pre-ordered", do you have a production number?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 09:32 AM   #96
vzz03r
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

That's a processed order. Pet peeve of mine too. 😊
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #97
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
An order will have a production number otherwise, it is a pre-order.

For those that "pre-ordered", do you have a production number?
An order that was placed by the dealer (retail or wholesale) and does not yet have a production number assigned is simply an unscheduled order.

"Pre" means previous to. If the order has been placed. It's an "order". What stages the order goes through after ordering may have additional descriptors, e.g., scheduled, gateline, framing, paint, TCF, offline, but the only order that is "pre" is one that has not been placed.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #98
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
An order that was placed by the dealer (retail or wholesale) and does not yet have a production number assigned is simply an unscheduled order.
IMO, a request without a production number is not an order -there is no allocation, without allocation there is no order. In this forum we have a simpler way of calling this request - "you have no car until you get a production number".

This request goes into a queue waiting for an allocation to become an order, and then a production number is generated on that order.

Quote:
"Pre" means previous to. If the order has been placed. It's an "order". What stages the order goes through after ordering may have additional descriptors, e.g., scheduled, gateline, framing, paint, TCF, offline, but the only order that is "pre" is one that has not been placed.
We may be saying the same thing, but not in the strict definition of "pre". Like saying "pre-owned" when it is in fact "used", "pre-order" is created to say "in the queue to assign allocations" but in a way that pisses people like you off.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #99
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
IMO, a request without a production number is not an order -there is no allocation, without allocation there is no order. In this forum we have a simpler way of calling this request - "you have no car until you get a production number".

This request goes into a queue waiting for an allocation to become an order, and then a production number is generated on that order.

We may be saying the same thing, but not in the strict definition of "pre". Like saying "pre-owned" when it is in fact "used", "pre-order" is created to say "in the queue to assign allocations" but in a way that pisses people like you off.
Twenty-five years at another car company has deeply familiarized me with the order entry process. An "order" occurs between the dealer and the OEM, when the dealer submits the order based on having the allocation. The order may be retail/sold or for wholesale inventory. The process is called "order entry". When we did this on paper, the form was titled "Order Form". There is no entity nor document to initiate the process of producing a vehicle known as a "request". When the allocation allows the order, the process leading to production begins. There is no time when an order is a "pre", other than before it is entered by the selling dealer.

I would not say I am "pissed off", but rather that I value the English language and do my best to use it properly and help preserve it. I still use the Oxford comma and I've had a conversation with a flight attendant that one cannot "deplane" passengers, unless the passengers have somehow ingested an aircraft. But, one can "depassenger" an airplane.

And, again, I agree that "pre-owned" applies to when the new vehicle has never been titled and exists only under a MCO from the OEM. Applying "pre-owned" to a used car is Marketing nonsense that further deteriorates our language.

I relegate the misuse of "pre" to the language trashbin already containing the remnants of the word, "like", among others, which used to have a clear meaning.

We each have those things that we value, I suppose, and they probably relate to early training.

For more on this, go back to earlier George Carlin routines. He was right.

Sorry for the
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
Encanto1164.00
      06-28-2021, 09:14 AM   #100
DES_MX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Snapped a pic of the M50 presentation today. Got only one shot since apparently it wasn't allowed to make photos (as announced later). Oh well.
I do have to say, the car looks magnificent in real life. The Frozen Portimao Blue paint is really something btw
The interior screen is crazy as well and supper snappy, Tesla / iOS snappy, no lag at all. All the interior changes vs regular 4 series are for the better as well. The M Sport seats (the proper bucket ones) are top notch as well, with nicely shaped cutout in the rear for rear passengers. Don't get the pano roof though, it cuts well into the rear passenger head space.

Last edited by DES_MX; 06-28-2021 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-29-2021, 11:59 AM   #101
InsideDK
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_MX View Post
Snapped a pic of the M50 presentation today. Got only one shot since apparently it wasn't allowed to make photos (as announced later). Oh well.
I do have to say, the car looks magnificent in real life. The Frozen Portimao Blue paint is really something btw
The interior screen is crazy as well and supper snappy, Tesla / iOS snappy, no lag at all. All the interior changes vs regular 4 series are for the better as well. The M Sport seats (the proper bucket ones) are top notch as well, with nicely shaped cutout in the rear for rear passengers. Don't get the pano roof though, it cuts well into the rear passenger head space.

Thanks for your small review. It sounds great!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 10:49 AM   #102
JorgenTrued
Rep
Drives: i3s

My preliminary order of i4 M50

made my selection.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Nahlem1144.00
      06-30-2021, 11:18 AM   #103
Chrisss_GER
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgenTrued View Post
made my selection.
Thank you very much for sharing!
Do you have this list also in english?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #104
DES_MX
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisss_GER View Post
Thank you very much for sharing!
Do you have this list also in english?
Also interesting you're being quoted 10% discount. I couldn't get the same in NL (slightly lower discount), but then again I didn't do any dealer shopping at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 12:26 AM   #105
lnaukkar
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: G30 530e, F40 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_MX View Post
Also interesting you're being quoted 10% discount. I couldn't get the same in NL (slightly lower discount), but then again I didn't do any dealer shopping at the moment.
Yeah raised my eyebrows as well, couldn't get nowhere near 10% for i4 M50 ... more like 5%.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:19 PM   #106
mbchris
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Volvo S90

How do we negotiate and when in a pre-order for the i4? Better to do it now? Wait until ordering?

Or basically expect MSRP as first adopter tax?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 02:47 AM   #107
soheil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3 REX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbchris View Post
How do we negotiate and when in a pre-order for the i4? Better to do it now? Wait until ordering?

Or basically expect MSRP as first adopter tax?
I haven't ordered i4 so don't know, but my experience is that for a first gen car you should expect MSRP or even higher if there is high enough demand, specially something nice and unique as i4
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #108
///Philipp
Private
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i performance

Just ordered my i4 M50. Delivery will be around march 2022.

Everything from the list has been added.

- M Portimao Blue metallic
- M Sport seats
- Leather "Vernasca" Black/contrast stitching Blue / Black
- M interior trim finishers 'Carbon Fibre'
- M exterior trim finishers 'Carbon Fibre'
- 20" M light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 868 M Bicolour with mixed tyres and performance tyres

I will miss the straight six engine, the Hans Zimmer sound effects will have to do
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 07:21 AM   #109
DES_MX
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Philipp View Post
Just ordered my i4 M50. Delivery will be around march 2022.

Everything from the list has been added.

- M Portimao Blue metallic
- M Sport seats
- Leather "Vernasca" Black/contrast stitching Blue / Black
- M interior trim finishers 'Carbon Fibre'
- M exterior trim finishers 'Carbon Fibre'
- 20" M light alloy wheels Double-spoke style 868 M Bicolour with mixed tyres and performance tyres

I will miss the straight six engine, the Hans Zimmer sound effects will have to do
Wow congrats, that's one crazy order though. I expect here in NL that would cost around €85-87.5K (after discounts)
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 07:24 AM   #110
DES_MX
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soheil View Post
I haven't ordered i4 so don't know, but my experience is that for a first gen car you should expect MSRP or even higher if there is high enough demand, specially something nice and unique as i4
Just the usual... dealership shopping if you have time and energy for it. Here in EU pre-order doesn't mean much in my understanding, in the end you still configure it through your dealer. In my case I didn't plan to do much dealer shopping for once, so just went with the best discount I could get. Obviously I was requested not to share the exact details, but I can tell you it's more than 5% and less than 10%
Appreciate 1
soheil64.50