Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

08-31-2021, 01:40 AM   #23
4monks
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive MHT G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsleyshaun View Post
Not yet no, the dealer was saying December before I ordered but not got confirmation of build or delivery yet .
Just ordered - they're saying Q1 2022 - early Jan most likely.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 06:02 AM   #24
Mazman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaug View Post
Are those the ventilated seats?
There is an option for that but not in my config.
Not that needed in Sweden 🤣
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 03:49 PM   #25
Barnsleyshaun
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330E MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monks View Post
Just ordered - they're saying Q1 2022 - early Jan most likely.
That’s not too bad then, my current lease is up mid November- I’ve still not had confirmation yet though
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 01:07 AM   #26
4monks
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive MHT G20

Maybe extend month by month?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 02:14 AM   #27
Mazman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: slow

If I order now I will get it in summer 2022 is what my dealer is saying

And the sad part is the government grant for 2021 is depleted at the moment in Sweden. Meaning the 8100 USD return is not being paid for pure EV cars. This makes me very reluctant to sign any papers for a car that would be delivered in one year not knowing what the government grant will be like. I was more or less going to order then this news about no funds being available came up...
      09-03-2021, 01:27 AM   #28
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
I have put in the final touches on my i4 went and forth with the dealer a lot about the range variations with the different options.

But as many also said those wonderful 20 inch wheels with the larger tier width is not an option especially if you need to go a lot further. But with a lot of the other options you choose they also implicate a loss to range for example when choosing the fully charged package you are forced to have the tow hitch when speccing it, just the tow hitch takes a score at the range in it self also,but remember this, the tow hitch is hidden under the car so it shouldn't have to much of an range impact most of the time. When i specced my i4, it will give me 502 km range with the mixed tires setting but also i chose not to have the performance tires based on some factors. And one of those is the i3s witch is the car i will be leaving for the i4 is a rather fun car with a bit of "grip" or more then enough so to speak and that car is RWD only, now with the i4 you will be having AWD and larger tires to being with also more performance and a heavier car but it should be plenty enough with the standard tires that comes with the 19 inch "None" performance tires also did ask what type of tires they are and they are none run flats pirellis, with a "C" for energy use label on them but he couldn't see witch pirrelis it was. Gonna try those at first and if i want more performance oriented tires i will get them later on.

So the range hit on the site should be taken with a grain of salt, for example adding the H&K sound system also gives a hit to the range and also the E-sim so its like hmmm i wonder how correct this thing actually is, so who knows some of us might go full 20 inch in the future if it turns out to be better then we expect.

So i configured my below with as clean aesthetic as possible so maximum de-badging and also told them to de-badge the i4 part on the car when it arrives at the dealer i just want that small M logo in the front that's enough, unless the rims will be cluttered with the M logo also.

Also hope there will be an option where you can choose to have a Carbon roof and maybe a carbon bot and hood to reduce weight that wouldn't be to bad in the future.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1
TF24.50
      09-03-2021, 01:49 AM   #29
fsfikke
Private
Rep
Drives: 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
I have put in the final touches on my i4 went and forth with the dealer a lot about the range variations with the different options.

But as many also said those wonderful 20 inch wheels with the larger tier width is not an option especially if you need to go a lot further. But with a lot of the other options you choose they also implicate a loss to range for example when choosing the fully charged package you are forced to have the tow hitch when speccing it, just the tow hitch takes a score at the range in it self also,but remember this, the tow hitch is hidden under the car so it shouldn't have to much of an range impact most of the time. When i specced my i4, it will give me 502 km range with the mixed tires setting but also i chose not to have the performance tires based on some factors. And one of those is the i3s witch is the car i will be leaving for the i4 is a rather fun car with a bit of "grip" or more then enough so to speak and that car is RWD only, now with the i4 you will be having AWD and larger tires to being with also more performance and a heavier car but it should be plenty enough with the standard tires that comes with the 19 inch "None" performance tires also did ask what type of tires they are and they are none run flats pirellis, with a "C" for energy use label on them but he couldn't see witch pirrelis it was. Gonna try those at first and if i want more performance oriented tires i will get them later on.

So the range hit on the site should be taken with a grain of salt, for example adding the H&K sound system also gives a hit to the range and also the E-sim so its like hmmm i wonder how correct this thing actually is, so who knows some of us might go full 20 inch in the future if it turns out to be better then we expect.

So i configured my below with as clean aesthetic as possible so maximum de-badging and also told them to de-badge the i4 part on the car when it arrives at the dealer i just want that small M logo in the front that's enough, unless the rims will be cluttered with the M logo also.

Also hope there will be an option where you can choose to have a Carbon roof and maybe a carbon bot and hood to reduce weight that wouldn't be to bad in the future.
You do realize that weight has an impact on range? The tow-hitch is a heavy piece of equipment, just like the H/K's big subwoofer. That weight will impact the range, whether you can actually see it or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 03:20 AM   #30
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfikke View Post
You do realize that weight has an impact on range? The tow-hitch is a heavy piece of equipment, just like the H/K's big subwoofer. That weight will impact the range, whether you can actually see it or not.
That's correct. While the carbon package, which I see you included, contributes just very marginally to increasing the range. It looks cool though, but it barely helps with range. This carbon package is very limited compared to the one you find in true M cars, such as the M3.

Previous BMWs: 330e Touring xDrive (G21, 2021), 330e (G20, 2019), 530e (G30, 2018).
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 05:30 AM   #31
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfikke View Post
Weight is obviously one of the cons on this car but the H&K shouldn't be all to bad in that aspect. But the tow hitch wasn't something you could remove from the car if you wanted some of the other stuff that was in the fully charged pack. Wish it was one of those tow hitches that you can remove completely from the car and only add it when needed.

More stuff more cables, more weight that is a given. This car is heavy as it is.

Same when later adding passengers the more passengers going on the ride with you the more of a loss in range you will have.

But you can also try adding the electric seats for example when adding them it doesn't give a penality to the range and those tend to add to the weight also.

Also i am very exited about getting to see reviews for this car the sooner the better so lets hope they arrive as soon as possible!

So if you want maximum range fellas start loosing weight

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0