Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-03-2023, 11:00 PM   #23
Zorbz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm using this on my iX, cover front, rear and cargo.

https://amzn.to/45Thd3E
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 12:26 AM   #24
BMWFantastic85
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbz View Post
I'm using this on my iX, cover front, rear and cargo.

https://amzn.to/45Thd3E
How do you like it? Can you share your feedback?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 01:56 AM   #25
javapro
Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50 Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
There are some retrofits and accessories listed in the official parts database (you can access it though partslink24).
Do you know the part number for steel pedal covers? Someone in another thread mentioned that OEM steel pedal covers don’t exist. Do they?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 09:27 AM   #26
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
BMW M Performance pedal covers do exist, just not specifically for the iX. They also must be drilled and screwed onto the pedals, and cost 4-5x as much as the slip-on covers, and are indistinguishable from same. Good to have choices.

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...kgUGFnZQ%3D%3D
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      09-05-2023, 09:43 AM   #27
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
BMW M Performance pedal covers do exist, just not specifically for the iX. They also must be drilled and screwed onto the pedals, and cost 4-5x as much as the slip-on covers, and are indistinguishable from same. Good to have choices.

Interested in the slip-on covers. Do they sell them on Amazon?
Appreciate 1
Paladin15583.00
      09-05-2023, 09:49 AM   #28
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Interested in the slip-on covers. Do they sell them on Amazon?
Yep - several threads:

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s...t=Pedal+covers

https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s...t=Pedal+covers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SG1C8TV...ding=UTF8&th=1
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      09-05-2023, 11:33 AM   #29
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Thank you!

They are dirt cheap as well
Appreciate 1
Paladin15583.00
      09-06-2023, 10:32 PM   #30
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:

You can definitely get them as I ordered them, but returned them before I even left the counter when I realized one was missing as they don’t make one for the footwell. They are also crazy expensive and require drilling just as you said.
Appreciate 1
Paladin15583.00
      09-07-2023, 10:11 PM   #31
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Excuse the dirty mats and the isht pictures. But thank you so much VirtualGuitars and Paladin1 , these look great!

Need to test if they slip at all and if they feel right when driving the car tomorrow!

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Paladin15583.00
ilya4min304.50
      09-07-2023, 10:12 PM   #32
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Excuse the dirty mats and the isht pictures. But thank you so much VirtualGuitars and Paladin1 , these look great!

Need to test if the slip at all and if they feel right when driving the car tomorrow!

Cheees!
Looking good!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 11:00 PM   #33
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 02:32 AM   #34
M60Cruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Ebay sells a Deadpedal from China for 22.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22412623712...3ABFBMxOi2u85i
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      09-08-2023, 06:55 AM   #35
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60Cruiser View Post
Ebay sells a Deadpedal from China for 22.00
Easy Tiger M60Cruiser I’ll thank you when I get it, it’s just that the product that you recommended takes time to get here haha.

I’m due to receive it September 24th. Thanks for the tip!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 08:47 AM   #36
M60Cruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Easy Tiger M60Cruiser I’ll thank you when I get it, it’s just that the product that you recommended takes time to get here haha.

I’m due to receive it September 24th. Thanks for the tip!!!
I got mine in 10 days with their Speed Pak.
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      09-08-2023, 08:58 AM   #37
M60Cruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

The other great universal accessory to have is a window cleaning brush for the inside of the windshield.

Appreciate 2
f82fanatic1043.00
Paladin15583.00
      09-08-2023, 09:01 AM   #38
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
I got mine in 10 days with their Speed Pak.
Let’s see how long mine takes to get here!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 09:29 AM   #39
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The other great universal accessory to have is a window cleaning brush for the inside of the windshield.

Replaced a few of these over the life of several cars, but yeah....

This too:

Appreciate 1
Road Trip1373.00
      09-08-2023, 11:41 AM   #40
Barry123
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX50

Quote:
This too:

Agree. Best window cleaner I've ever used.
Appreciate 1
Paladin15583.00
      09-08-2023, 03:49 PM   #41
mfdutra
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX xDrive50

I bought the WeatherTech mats (front, rear and cargo) for the iX. They are really nice. The front and rear ones cover side to side, including the center. No more need to vacuum under the mats (usually).

Previously: 2021 M340i, 2019 Tesla Model X, 2018 540i, 2015 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 05:24 PM   #42
Road Trip
Captain
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60 & ‘23 C8 Z06

Over 30 Black Friday iX accessory purchases for me today. Got so excited that I was in my office at 3:40 AM. Thankfully I had from many of your insightful threads/posts, finished by last night a very detailed list yesterday of what items and who-from I want to buy every one —including an URL link for each.

While more than half are actual mods, some are “BMW catch up parts” such as jacking pucks, wheel lock set, and a 17mm protective sleeved socket; another batch are initial paint and other component protection materials (gave the Adams Polishes site a work out today), including Iron Remover, Paint Prep and a new clay bar allleading to its first super wash/treatment (of course that needed more microfiber applicator pads and M/F’s, and similar).

I eventually will have a very detailed accessory mod thread in case someone wishes to know what, how much, and a URL link.

Regarding the substantive mods, I am not planning on ever touching anything relating to electronics, powertrain, coding, and similar “mostly over my head” things.

I have another category I call “safety mods,” and just purchased roadside bright yellow safety vests for my wife and me, bought new tires as I am immediately changing them from OEM “summer performance” to Michelin Pilot Sports A/S 4’s, a new wheel chock, created my mini tool set, and similar. And to protect the car, got a cargo area floor mat.

As to what will be purely aesthetic, went with the new Manicci v3 floor mats (25% off today), Titanium bronze trim surrounds for the armrest door handle switches and the door glass crystals, floating roundels, brake and throttle “M” pedals (aftermarket), a Sto-n-Sho low-mount license plate mounting system, front fender “lllM” badging (thanks to several here for that thread), and lastly replacing the headrest trim (comes standard in black on my Sensatech) with OEM “Titanium Bronze” versions that are standard with leather seats — though those are backordered a bit. Finally I purchased the three small parts that make up the center console’s MagSafe-charging phone holder system (thanks again to all who contributed on that thread).

I love this stuff, making every new vehicle feel like “mine.” Repeating my pattern with every new vehicle, the first day after getting home is driving; then half of day morning of day two is in the garage doing the tens of individual IP set-ups (“change your wake word), and then installing the physical mods, i.e., I live in the garage until finished — which often become close to a stay up all night solo garage party. While my wife is as fanatical about road trips, doing mods is not her thing.

Day three will be an appointment to have the new tires put on, then off to the professionally applied PPF, and lastly to the window tint wizard. Then it comes home and gets its second super bath and I apply ceramic coating over most everything both inside and out.

I don’t even have the car, i.e., it’s somewhere having something done or more likely just hibernating at the Port of Hueneme VPC for who knows how long)…. But am very excited about what the next month or so will bring!

This morning the “mod closet” had only five very small items. However I warned my wife at lunch to expect at least thirty packages over the next few weeks. Parts might even overflow the closet itself.

Eventually but not yet for posting, will be our custom license plate. In Oregon a major challenge in several ways including that we only have a total of six “spaces” and that once one submits an application for your first and second choice, have to wait a month until you whether you won that lottery or busted out — and if the latter, get to start over. Only hint for now is that first and second choice both have some relationship to it being an EV.

I love this kind of stuff. Never outgrew being a vehicle fanatic (did my first car repair and also first mod at 14 (my Dad who grew up in the Great Depression, only thought of vehicles as functional appliances and opposed everything I loved “car.”
Appreciate 3
Paladin15583.00
Bevforme130.00
BMWEVGuy129.00
      11-25-2023, 05:29 AM   #43
rayleiwu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 17 X5 35i (07 335i spt (sold))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Trip View Post
Over 30 Black Friday iX accessory purchases for me today. Got so excited that I was in my office at 3:40 AM. Thankfully I had from many of your insightful threads/posts, finished by last night a very detailed list yesterday of what items and who-from I want to buy every one —including an URL link for each.

While more than half are actual mods, some are “BMW catch up parts” such as jacking pucks, wheel lock set, and a 17mm protective sleeved socket; another batch are initial paint and other component protection materials (gave the Adams Polishes site a work out today), including Iron Remover, Paint Prep and a new clay bar allleading to its first super wash/treatment (of course that needed more microfiber applicator pads and M/F’s, and similar).

I eventually will have a very detailed accessory mod thread in case someone wishes to know what, how much, and a URL link.

Regarding the substantive mods, I am not planning on ever touching anything relating to electronics, powertrain, coding, and similar “mostly over my head” things.

I have another category I call “safety mods,” and just purchased roadside bright yellow safety vests for my wife and me, bought new tires as I am immediately changing them from OEM “summer performance” to Michelin Pilot Sports A/S 4’s, a new wheel chock, created my mini tool set, and similar. And to protect the car, got a cargo area floor mat.

As to what will be purely aesthetic, went with the new Manicci v3 floor mats (25% off today), Titanium bronze trim surrounds for the armrest door handle switches and the door glass crystals, floating roundels, brake and throttle “M” pedals (aftermarket), a Sto-n-Sho low-mount license plate mounting system, front fender “lllM” badging (thanks to several here for that thread), and lastly replacing the headrest trim (comes standard in black on my Sensatech) with OEM “Titanium Bronze” versions that are standard with leather seats — though those are backordered a bit. Finally I purchased the three small parts that make up the center console’s MagSafe-charging phone holder system (thanks again to all who contributed on that thread).

I love this stuff, making every new vehicle feel like “mine.” Repeating my pattern with every new vehicle, the first day after getting home is driving; then half of day morning of day two is in the garage doing the tens of individual IP set-ups (“change your wake word), and then installing the physical mods, i.e., I live in the garage until finished — which often become close to a stay up all night solo garage party. While my wife is as fanatical about road trips, doing mods is not her thing.

Day three will be an appointment to have the new tires put on, then off to the professionally applied PPF, and lastly to the window tint wizard. Then it comes home and gets its second super bath and I apply ceramic coating over most everything both inside and out.

I don’t even have the car, i.e., it’s somewhere having something done or more likely just hibernating at the Port of Hueneme VPC for who knows how long)…. But am very excited about what the next month or so will bring!

This morning the “mod closet” had only five very small items. However I warned my wife at lunch to expect at least thirty packages over the next few weeks. Parts might even overflow the closet itself.

Eventually but not yet for posting, will be our custom license plate. In Oregon a major challenge in several ways including that we only have a total of six “spaces” and that once one submits an application for your first and second choice, have to wait a month until you whether you won that lottery or busted out — and if the latter, get to start over. Only hint for now is that first and second choice both have some relationship to it being an EV.

I love this kind of stuff. Never outgrew being a vehicle fanatic (did my first car repair and also first mod at 14 (my Dad who grew up in the Great Depression, only thought of vehicles as functional appliances and opposed everything I loved “car.”
Could you post the part # for door glass crystals?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 10:39 AM   #44
Road Trip
Captain
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60 & ‘23 C8 Z06

As we all knows door crystals itself I got as part of the Luxuy package when I ordered my car, but as to the Titanium Bronze surround trim for the door crystals, i have a link below. Separately I already got my super door sills in Titanium Bronze with a little visible carbon fiber as pictured below from the same person/company (Mat@AUTOcovr) on Etsy.

Below is a picture of them and also links for all the parts I bought from him. If you want yours in Titanium Bronze and not specifically listed on that site, again please send a message to that company via the Etsy message system. He responds immediately (though he is in Poland so time zones might effect that at times).

From my eventual full mod list thread:

In shipping: AUTOcovr (Etsy), Titanium Bronze sets of door glass switch trim: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1592749...earch_click=12 @ $47.26:

In shipping: From Etsey: Door armrest door window switch trim surrounds in Titanium Bronze. ETA about December 10th@ $70.48, https://www.etsy.com/listing/1612611...search_click=1

While you did not ask, the door sills are, Titanium Bronze/vis CF inserts (AUTOcovr (Etsy) @ $116.34: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1592757...x-m60-xdrive50
Attached Images

Last edited by Road Trip; 11-25-2023 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
Paladin15583.00