12-18-2020, 09:28 PM   #89
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
Cant say for sure it was the delivery person however i would definitely reach out to amazon or whoever delivered the packages. That’s bullshit
We live at the end of the road deepest in the neighborhood with that car parked over 100 ft off the road. Gotta be the delivery folk. We’ve got a pretty bad problem with the mail in our neighborhood specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I’ve had UPS leave stuff near the garage door instead of the front door, but never anything that ridiculous. Who delivered those?
USPS... it’s getting out of control. I laughed when I got home seeing packages at the entry to my front door walk way. Couldn’t make it the extra 40 ft I guess. Came back out a few hours later to this (we sometimes see up to five different USPS delivery vehicles a day...unbelievably inefficient)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 09:31 PM   #90
six75LT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

we ship a lot with the USPS and are noticing A LOT more shipping issues than normally. dont think the USPS (or any shipping carrier) was prepared for the spike in volume due to COVID.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 10:25 PM   #91
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Ran out to the truck to take a couple measurements on something I’m working on and had to do a double take. Package left behind the rear tire of my company car.
Wow, behind the tire is beyond sick. WTF?

Worst we've seen is a meal kit left in the driveway in the sun when the shaded, covered walkway was less than 3ft away. But that's nothing compared to leaving a package behind the wheel of a car. Geez.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #92
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

This has just become very personal. My mom is in her 90's and has COPD. We ordered her 90-day supply of meds, and the company claims to have filled the order and handed it off to the USPS. USPS says they're still waiting for the package. USPS web site is emblazoned with headlines saying how backed up they are due to extra packages being sent and their own employees getting the virus.

We're almost two weeks into the wait. I'll be getting on the horn on Monday.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #93
Smgs1992
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i

Quote:
We live at the end of the road deepest in the neighborhood with that car parked over 100 ft off the road. Gotta be the delivery folk. We’ve got a pretty bad problem with the mail in our neighborhood specifically.

USPS... it’s getting out of control. I laughed when I got home seeing packages at the entry to my front door walk way. Couldn’t make it the extra 40 ft I guess. Came back out a few hours later to this (we sometimes see up to five different USPS delivery vehicles a day...unbelievably inefficient)
I would call and complain and email them the picture. That delivery driver needs to be terminated. What if there was a multi thousand dollar item in that package and you didnt see it?
07 E92 335i 6MT, MMP inlets, DCI, VRSF 7.5 competition intercooler, VRSF catless downpipes, VRSF chargepipe, 335is clutch, Vader Solutions stage 2 LPFP, MHD stage 2+, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, R1 Concepts drilled slotted rotors, TSW Nurburgring 19x8 19x9.5
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #94
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Amazon just opened a local delivery warehouse in the next town over from me last week.

For the two years prior to this, most of our Amazon packages were put on an overnight truck from an Amazon sorting facility about 2 hours away, and dropped at our local post office around 4:00 AM for last-mile delivery by the USPS. Our mail carrier is awesome, and everyone knows her on a first-name basis. I noticed that she has been running about an hour earlier than normal all week, which is odd considering that the holiday shipping blitz is on. I guess this is because she does not have the Amazon packages to deliver any more.

Long story short, my first post-delivery-warehouse Amazon order is arriving today (laser printer toner cartridges). Amazon's own tracking info absolutely sucks compared with what we had with USPS handling the last-mile deliveries. Even worse is that the package appears to have only left the local delivery warehouse at 10:45 AM as "out for delivery."

I'll update here if I find the toner cartridges in a snow bank stuffed under The Mighty Dodge's tires as wheel chocks.....
      12-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #95
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
I would call and complain and email them the picture. That delivery driver needs to be terminated. What if there was a multi thousand dollar item in that package and you didnt see it?
The amount of complaints sent in from our neighborhood is nuts. Complaints : # of Households is certainly not proportionate (but the issues we get are also not proportional). Our neighborhood is not large, but it's a gated community on the outskirts of town. It's on the cusp of delivery mapping which results in multiple delivery people picking up a random pile at the sorting center. See my post earlier in the thread on that.

We (HOA) have noticed that since we've started going mad with complaints that our service has gotten even worse. We're convinced it's retaliation
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #96
wdb
dances with roads
Rep

Quote:
Ran out to the truck to take a couple measurements on something I’m working on and had to do a double take. Package left behind the rear tire of my company car.
That's abhorrent! They make you drive an Equinox?!?
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614889.50
      12-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #97
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
The amount of complaints sent in from our neighborhood is nuts. Complaints : # of Households is certainly not proportionate (but the issues we get are also not proportional). Our neighborhood is not large, but it's a gated community on the outskirts of town. It's on the cusp of delivery mapping which results in multiple delivery people picking up a random pile at the sorting center. See my post earlier in the thread on that.

We (HOA) have noticed that since we've started going mad with complaints that our service has gotten even worse. We're convinced it's retaliation
I'm pretty sure my postman has seen enough mail hit my box from BMW, the NRA, The Heritage Foundation, The Heartland Foundation, and several libertarian organizations that he's decided that I'm a Nazi with too much money and that my empty Sodastream return cylinders belong in a dumpster somewhere. The last 3 outgoing shipments have gone missing. Next time I'm going to UPS them at my own cost; it's cheaper than getting nicked $15 apiece for failing to return the cylinders. Thank goodness I stocked up months ago, so I can easily make it through the current shipping industry catastrophic failure.
      12-19-2020, 11:04 AM   #98
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

I've been using the USPS past 15 years to ship various tennis rackets, domestically and internationally. I always noticed a slow-down during the Holiday Season, but never to this extend. A combination of COVID, defunding and amount of packages has just overwhelmed them. In 15 years, I never had a lost or not-delivered package, occasionally had one (shipped by priority) show up 2 weeks late.
This year has been headache after headache as the OP mentioned -- stopped tracking and no way to get information. Yes, the customer service called me back within 48 hours just to tell me exactly the same info I get with the app.
Last shipment went out November 26, Priority (Texas to NC). Made it to "Out for delivery" November 30, then "Arriving Late", then back in Texas sorting facility December 3 and no further tracking info...
After I filed a claim to track it, I was advised December 17 to file a lost claim as they assume the box of size of tennis racket was lost...
Then, all of the sudden, December 18 (yesterday) was showing "Out for delivery" again and this time delivered!

Still waiting for another one shipped to me from Europe. Cleared customs December 1 (NY), arrived to local Distribution center December 12 and "Arriving Late" since then...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #99
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Anyone ever get a delivery from LaserShip? They are the worst of the worst. After taking 8 hours for a package to get from Orlando to West Palm, it’s been sitting in West Palm for 2 days and still hasn’t made the remaining 20 miles to my house. This morning the tracking information said it would be delivered yesterday. It has since been updated to say it will be delivered today. Not gonna happen today.

They are probably waiting for a contractor to pick it up. I have seen them deliver in private cars that look like Uber drivers. So someone also needs to be here to let them in through the security gate because they can’t get in like USPS, UPS and FedEx.
Update! Still has not made it the last 15-20 miles. It does look like they may have driven it around the parking lot of their facility for 4 days. I’d go pick it up but know if I did they would tell me it’s out on a truck or they can’t find it. LOL at “possible” delay.
Attached Images

vreihen1614889.50
      12-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #100
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
That's abhorrent! They make you drive an Equinox?!?
Duuuude. This thing is such a POS. I picked it up from the dealer with 11 miles and had three different interior rattles on the ride home. In a longer ride my elbow hurts from having to hold the dinosaur bone that is the steering wheel.

What cracks me up is the window sticker on it is more than I paid for my E90 M3 with 40k miles on it
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #101
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Duuuude. This thing is such a POS. I picked it up from the dealer with 11 miles and had three different interior rattles on the ride home. In a longer ride my elbow hurts from having to hold the dinosaur bone that is the steering wheel.

What cracks me up is the window sticker on it is more than I paid for my E90 M3 with 40k miles on it
You should get hazard pay for having to drive that thing.
      12-20-2020, 12:02 PM   #102
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Eh i spoke too soon on UPS, i bought a couple of thise ninebot gokarts... shipped on the 11th... haven moved since.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 12:14 PM   #103
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Good thing they handled the election so well and waited until now to make any mistakes, you know, on things that don’t matter.
Appreciate 2
      12-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #104
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
You should get hazard pay for having to drive that thing.
That's what I'm sayin'!

They give us another option that also erases the need to keep track of "personal miles."

I'm thinking I could outfit it and be stylin' in no time.

Appreciate 3
vreihen1614889.50
wdb4673.00
      12-24-2020, 06:05 AM   #105
wdb
dances with roads
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
This has just become very personal. My mom is in her 90's and has COPD. We ordered her 90-day supply of meds, and the company claims to have filled the order and handed it off to the USPS. USPS says they're still waiting for the package. USPS web site is emblazoned with headlines saying how backed up they are due to extra packages being sent and their own employees getting the virus.

We're almost two weeks into the wait. I'll be getting on the horn on Monday.
Getting on the horn seems to have made a difference. The pharmacy first made some excuse about the package having been sent regular mail, which would mean we had to wait a bit longer before they consider it lost in the mail. Later that day, PRESTO! The Priority Mail tracking number springs to life! It's still taking a bit longer than usual for that package to get here, but it is actually moving. I suspect the issue was with the pharmacy.

Also it seems as though other USPS packages and regular mail are being delivered at a closer-to-normal pace. They may be over the hump.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 10:22 AM   #106
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Wifey's 2nd Day package to her father in CT arrived today. 11 days after she mailed it.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #107
wdb
dances with roads
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Wifey's 2nd Day package to her father in CT arrived today. 11 days after she mailed it.
https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/604.htm#a_9_2
Appreciate 1
M_Six16538.00
      12-24-2020, 03:06 PM   #108
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
My DW sold an antique Christmas ornament on eBay for our elderly neighbors, and shipped it express mail (an oxymoron and not worth capitalizing) on 12/6. (Yes, the post office in a neighboring town is actually open for full business year-round on Sundays.) It moved about 100 miles, and has been sitting in a NJ sort facility ever since. Insurance or not, she will be eating the loss on this sale and the hit against her prized 100% positive feedback.....
      12-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #109
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
How is everyone's current experience with USPS?

I called USPS but they cant give me a location on any of the packages.. lol. They all have a generic message where only the day changes:

Scan History
Dec 10
In Transit, Arriving Late

Anyone else?
To be fair, until recently, my experience with USPS was positive; however, December is a mixed bag. Some items are delivered without delay, others are languishing in the “in transit” realm. And, like you, I find this very frustrating. I can accept a day, or two, or even a week late (this being 2020). But going on three weeks and still “in transit”? Something is definitely amiss.....
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #110
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

My car play unit arrived on Christmas Eve which I was happy about. Then a saw a damaged box and yup some blunt object punched the box and bent the unit. So now it has to go back and I have to wait again.
Appreciate 0