09-02-2023, 10:28 AM   #45
SGiXers
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW iX X drive40

Rear wipers

In addition to our what is NOT possible on our iX series

On vehicles with Parking Assistance Plus(with surround view), the system is NOT able to see/read line markings nor manuever itself into the MIDDLE of the/our chosen slot. It will steer and reverse itself to keep equal distance between the adjacent vehicles or tree(in my case).

The Rear trunk wiper is not able to select to "service position" nor being lifted up and away from rear windscreen. A bit of a pain when you want to clean the blade and contact area clean. Bummer
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 08:38 AM   #46
Savsearcher
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp xdrive, '24 iX M60

I got an iX M60 last week (I’ve been meaning to post about it, hopefully I’ll have more time this weekend), and it’s been driving me nuts that I can’t enable the rear view camera when driving into my garage. Like another poster in this thread, I use that rear camera to make sure I’ve cleared enough space from the garage door. My X3 did it, my M3 does it, why is this not possible on the iX? Bizarre.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 08:39 AM   #47
exxxviii
Captain
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savsearcher View Post
I got an iX M60 last week (I’ve been meaning to post about it, hopefully I’ll have more time this weekend), and it’s been driving me nuts that I can’t enable the rear view camera when driving into my garage. Like another poster in this thread, I use that rear camera to make sure I’ve cleared enough space from the garage door. My X3 did it, my M3 does it, why is this not possible on the iX? Bizarre.
Huh, that is bizarre... Every other car I have ever driven had a camera button that would turn on the rear or surround cameras any time you wanted. (Caveat, still waiting on my iX, so I look forward to all the discovery.)
      10-06-2023, 09:13 AM   #48
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
The only reason I can think of is that some people might have gotten confused by possibly seeing the rear view camera while moving forward and vice versa or a German engineer thought about that being possible and concluded that the front/rear camera feed should always be tied to wether your transmission is set to move forward or backward.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 10:22 AM   #49
akin67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

Quote:
Also waiting on delivery of my iX so can't confirm just yet. Can you not click on the Parking Camera button and get the 360 view, enabling you to also see the rear? I currently drive an X5 and can definitely do this.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 10:26 AM   #50
Savsearcher
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp xdrive, '24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
The only reason I can think of is that some people might have gotten confused by possibly seeing the rear view camera while moving forward and vice versa or a German engineer thought about that being possible and concluded that the front/rear camera feed should always be tied to wether your transmission is set to move forward or backward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akin67 View Post
Also waiting on delivery of my iX so can't confirm just yet. Can you not click on the Parking Camera button and get the 360 view, enabling you to also see the rear? I currently drive an X5 and can definitely do this.
You can’t. That’s exactly what I do in the M3 and what I did in the X3. For whatever reason, after you get into the 360 view, when you tap the parking camera on screen to switch to the rear view while moving forward, nothing changes. You just keep the front facing camera. You can change to the side cameras but not the rear.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 06:00 PM   #51
bmwix1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ix

Quote:
In the parking assistant pro setting, you can select the 360 camera view to see the rear. If it is not enough, you can hold brake and shift to reverse, the main camera view will change to the rear guidelines.

For garage parking, the best practice is to record a perfect path to the final spot so that you can get perfect parking in and out everytime with a push of the button.
Appreciate 1
akin67450.50
      10-06-2023, 10:13 PM   #52
darylp310
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Garage List
2023 BMW iX50  [0.00]
Yeah I think the 360 camera is more useful than a rear view camera in this case. See my photo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
akin67450.50