BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

07-02-2022, 02:33 PM   #221
boblob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX - Incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAT View Post
Do you think I need so switch dealers because I’m not sure if I can get a production number even by end of this year.

GSAT Definitely worth it to shop around and ask how many people are in line ahead of you and how many allocations the dealer has been getting. That is something I wish I knew before placing my order. The West Chester, PA dealer is very nice, but they don't appear to be getting allocations that fast. When I placed my order on March 10, 2022 - I was #6 in line. As of last week, I was still #4. I was also concerned that I wouldn't get a car by the end of the year.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 07:58 PM   #222
GSAT
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblob View Post
GSAT Definitely worth it to shop around and ask how many people are in line ahead of you and how many allocations the dealer has been getting. That is something I wish I knew before placing my order. The West Chester, PA dealer is very nice, but they don't appear to be getting allocations that fast. When I placed my order on March 10, 2022 - I was #6 in line. As of last week, I was still #4. I was also concerned that I wouldn't get a car by the end of the year.
Hi Boblob- thank you. Even I didn’t know anything about the allocation stuff until last month. If not would selected a better dealer to place the order.

Let me know in your experience if you have any suggestions where I can start looking around.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #223
boblob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX - Incoming

Quote:
Hi Boblob- thank you. Even I didn’t know anything about the allocation stuff until last month. If not would selected a better dealer to place the order.

Let me know in your experience if you have any suggestions where I can start looking around.
No real suggestions, as I took a shortcut in the process by using the services of Day Laborer . If I were to do it now, I would call all of the dealers within a comfortable driving range and see who gave me the best information about their allocations.
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2022, 04:12 PM   #224
GSAT
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
No real suggestions, as I took a shortcut in the process by using the services of Day Laborer . If I were to do it now, I would call all of the dealers within a comfortable driving range and see who gave me the best information about their allocations.
Apparently, I was told that they got few more allocations in the last week or so and now that there 6people ahead of me. Not sure if I have to buy into this
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 05:00 PM   #225
venom21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50 Tesla MYP Prev: 530e

Another Stop Sale Recall: I was about to pick up tomorrow and then my SA texted and said there is another airbag recall and a valet mode programming recall and I can’t take delivery tomorrow. My car is cursed.
Appreciate 1
TechCTU782.00
      07-05-2022, 05:34 PM   #226
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2025 BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom21 View Post
Another Stop Sale Recall: I was about to pick up tomorrow and then my SA texted and said there is another airbag recall and a valet mode programming recall and I can’t take delivery tomorrow. My car is cursed.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe it's just quick software updates.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 08:52 PM   #227
grueber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50 2023

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently, I was told that they got few more allocations in the last week or so and now that there 6people ahead of me. Not sure if I have to buy into this
Daylaborer just posted he had a east coast dealer with a 2023 iX 50 allocation available at MSRP. You could ask him what his brokerage fee is and decide whether you want to wait or pay for the spot.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2022, 07:36 PM   #228
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grueber View Post
Daylaborer just posted he had a east coast dealer with a 2023 iX 50 allocation available at MSRP. You could ask him what his brokerage fee is and decide whether you want to wait or pay for the spot.
+1 for Day Laborer ... got me the hookup on my incoming ixM60 @ pre-July pricing!
Appreciate 1