01-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #221
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Wish we got the kings 20 games...nice to be able to beat good divisional teams. UncleWede infinitekid2002 ?
But but but

ManU won 3-0
      01-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #222
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
But but but

ManU won 3-0
I didn't get to watch any of the game...mid day games suck as I have to be out and about. Heard about ten minutes on the radio and it sounded like the Kings were lethargic and the Sharks were firing on all cylinders, and that's what happens--we're only 1 point behind the Kings but not even in a WC spot, however we have games in hand on everyone in the West.
      01-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #223
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I don't even know who we had in net but he was lumbering from side to side
      01-15-2018, 07:11 PM   #224
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Pens are coming to town...so both you chumps can chalk up a couple W points.

Kings on the 18th
Sharkies on the 20th

We're handing them out to everyone...just like Chicago.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 01:54 AM   #225
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Pittsburgh Penguins is doing great lately 4-0 win over Detroit Red Wings thus snapping a losing game streak of 3 games , 6-5 over Boston Bruins at Overtime , 5-2 against New York Rangers .
I have not delved too much into details but Murray returned left Pittsburgh for personal issues , a shame but Jarry seems to have jar against oncoming shots
New York Rangers seems to loose ground . New York Islanders game was a terrible in goalkeeping performance . However, New York Ranger's coach is not a new kid on the block he's a longhorn coach . It would make sense to try his back up goalkeeper to see how he would perform but it was too late to switch the goalkeepers when the game was 5-1
      01-16-2018, 07:25 AM   #226
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Pens are coming to town...so both you chumps can chalk up a couple W points.

Kings on the 18th
Sharkies on the 20th

We're handing them out to everyone...just like Chicago.
Oh yeah, thanks for the points ahead of time. Can you withhold the points for the Kings? We compete against them. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #227
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah, thanks for the points ahead of time. Can you withhold the points for the Kings? We compete against them. Thanks.
'king guys need no help. We can withhold the points ourselves.

wait, wut???
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #228
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
I didn't get to watch any of the game...mid day games suck as I have to be out and about. Heard about ten minutes on the radio and it sounded like the Kings were lethargic and the Sharks were firing on all cylinders, and that's what happens--we're only 1 point behind the Kings but not even in a WC spot, however we have games in hand on everyone in the West.
i was unfortunately at the game. We looked slow most of the game. We have a tough time with division rivals. I couldn't believe the number of shots the sharks got on us.
Appreciate 1
jgoens3787.50
      01-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #229
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
But but but

ManU won 3-0
Did you hear we might be signing alex sanchez?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #230
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
i was unfortunately at the game. We looked slow most of the game. We have a tough time with division rivals. I couldn't believe the number of shots the sharks got on us.
Yeah, and I'm just bummed the regular season series is over (Sharks took it 3-1). Tonight we have a tougher division opponent in the desert dogs.
      01-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #231
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you hear we might be signing alex sanchez?
Trade him for Mikhtarian (sp?) No thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #232
Habs11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

OK hockey fans - what's your opinion on replay the way it is used today?

I have to admit I'm not a fan of replay in any sport. I understand it has it's merit in getting more calls correct but I do not like the fact that incorrect calls are still made after replay is utilized.... or the way in which replay is initiated prevents it from being used consistently.

I keep hearing (in football and hockey) the phrase "spirit of the game" - while I like that it had no real definition.

I dislike the significant delay that replay creates. In last nights Habs Isles game there was a 4 minute delay. If it takes that long to review a play it makes the outcome all the more questionable. In the end the correct call was made but here is what irks me about the game:

You can have a goal called back for a player having their skate an inch off the blue line entering the zone (which is the correct call) but penalties are so subjective without any recourse to make a correct call after the fact. So you have a portion of the game with 99% accuracy (goals) but you have another portion of the game with 75%-90% accuracy (penalties).

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #233
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Trade him for Mikhtarian (sp?) No thanks.
i disagree. Sanchez is world class. Mikhi is great on his day, but only on his day 1/3 of the time. just look at Sanchez' stats bro, it will take us up another notch.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #234
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, and I'm just bummed the regular season series is over (Sharks took it 3-1). Tonight we have a tougher division opponent in the desert dogs.
ha...that northern california wit rears its ugly head.
Appreciate 1
jgoens3787.50
      01-16-2018, 12:22 PM   #235
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i disagree. Sanchez is world class. Mikhi is great on his day, but only on his day 1/3 of the time. just look at Sanchez' stats bro, it will take us up another notch.
Who's going to give him the ball? Lingard? Lukaku? Martial would.

I'm truly worried more that after that goal Monday, Valencia will think he should be included even MMORE in the attacking side of the game.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 12:42 PM   #236
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post

I have to admit I'm not a fan of replay in any sport. I understand it has it's merit in getting more calls correct but I do not like the fact that incorrect calls are still made after replay is utilized.... or the way in which replay is initiated prevents it from being used consistently.

I keep hearing (in football and hockey) the phrase "spirit of the game" - while I like that it had no real definition.

I dislike the significant delay that replay creates. In last nights Habs Isles game there was a 4 minute delay. If it takes that long to review a play it makes the outcome all the more questionable. In the end the correct call was made but here is what irks me about the game:

You can have a goal called back for a player having their skate an inch off the blue line entering the zone (which is the correct call) but penalties are so subjective without any recourse to make a correct call after the fact. So you have a portion of the game with 99% accuracy (goals) but you have another portion of the game with 75%-90% accuracy (penalties).

What do you guys think?
I personally like instant replay in all sports though I agree it does slow down play. While refs do their best and are human, I hate it when a bad call is made. Even when it is in my teams favor a bad call doesn't sit well as I want my team to win fair and square.

As for penalties it seems like most of the calls are correct but there are a good deal of missed calls and some that draw blood eventually lead to a makeup call later...which is the spirit of the game. Seems like the refs have a secret tally going all the time.

Quote:
ha...that northern california wit rears its ugly head.
Yeah, I was trying to be witty but there is some truth as the Coyotes for years have been Shark killers. Look at that last one on Saturday--sharks squeaked out a win in OT.
      01-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #237
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Who's going to give him the ball? Lingard? Lukaku? Martial would.

I'm truly worried more that after that goal Monday, Valencia will think he should be included even MMORE in the attacking side of the game.
they all better, he's a wizard with the ball. Maybe we can do this

Martial, Lukaku, Lingard
Sanchez, Pogba
Matic
Shaw, Jones, Bailly, Valencia
De Staya

When Bailly gets back...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:18 AM   #238
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs11 View Post

What do you guys think?
It's like two edged sword , it's good in terms of making no mistakes in the game but it's not a child game when a decision is processed by referees there should be closing the gate and no overturn . Video review is useful but makes me wonder when the hockey game was at fledging how on earth would have the referees made decisions ?
Let me share you an example of ridiculous decision in football , Bundesliga to be exact sorry I forgot the teams . Referee sent off one player showing him a straight red car , the player and his teammates also contested the wrong decision of the referee of the game .
The player got an expulsion and make his way all the way to the dressing room . A moments later with the help of the video room of umpires decision was overturned the same player was recalled and he rejoined in the game .
It was just a funny moment
Using technology is good but in such games like football , hockey , basketball where the flow of game speed can be distrupted referees must be careful when making decisions .
Mistakes are part of the games ,just like Coca Cola Zero I don't think anyone with right sense of mind would like to have a game mistakes galore but referees must be sensible too
      01-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #239
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nope, we toss our points evenly.

Lost to Anaheim last night...kingies will be tonight.

Last edited by ShopVac; 01-18-2018 at 07:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 05:54 AM   #240
ShopVac
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Kings didn't like our game plan. We even put in a backup to our backup in effort to lose this game.

Vegas whooped ass on the lightning. I think they made this team a little too good...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 10:22 AM   #241
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Kings going through a bad patch. Couldn't get 2 past some guy you pulled out of the parking lot to stand in goal. Have a game tonite against the Ducks. After we have a few fights with them hopefully we can also score a goal or two. We gave up 11 goals in the last 3 games.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #242
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Kings going through a bad patch. Couldn't get 2 past some guy you pulled out of the parking lot to stand in goal. Have a game tonite against the Ducks. After we have a few fights with them hopefully we can also score a goal or two. We gave up 11 goals in the last 3 games.
Even though the Sharks lost last night they are in the 2nd spot. So tight--Kings will need more than 1 point to get in that 2nd spot. The standings change every day...almost every half day as even 1 point shifts things.