Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

07-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #67
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
The best computing experience is when hardware and software were specifically designed to work together. Apple has known this from the beginning and it's why their devices/computers provide the best user experience.

But I don't expect everyone to believe that just as I don't expect someone who drives a Camry to believe BMW provides a better driving experience.

In the end, I'm not missing out on anything by using a Mac since I get to use great software on quality hardware...and when I do need to use Windows (only for gaming in my case), I can boot right into it from another partition. I used to love engaging in the pc vs mac arguments in the past, but all that really matters is I can choose the platform that fits me best.

All the images that Kiemyster posted is the perfect example of Windows fanboyism and only shows how little he really knows about both computing platforms.
I'm not talking about hardware or software I'm talking about the company itself. Also if you think MAC parts are higher quality than the good PC brands or good PCs in general you are truly misinformed.

Did you just compare a PC to a Camry? My custom build would run circles around your mac

I have no issue with people using macs they are not for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #68
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

I would also like to point out with a mac you will never get the joy of seeing this:

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #69
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
and so the war presses on like the jews v. palestinians
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #70
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Pretty sure OP had his answer by the first page.

The rest is just people venting. lol
      07-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #71
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I'm not talking about hardware or software I'm talking about the company itself. Also if you think MAC parts are higher quality than the good PC brands or good PCs in general you are truly misinformed.

Did you just compare a PC to a Camry? My custom build would run circles around your mac

I have no issue with people using macs they are not for me.
For the record it's Mac, not MAC. MAC = Media Access Control. I'm not misinformed at all. I've been using windows and building PC's for years. I'm not talking about the quality difference between circuit boards and components. I'm talking about the overall hardware and industrial design.

I'm well aware you can build a PC that runs circles around a mac at a fraction of the cost. But unless all you do is play video games all day, render video or 3D models, that point is really moot. I can do 90% of the computer tasks I do daily with my 1.8 core2duo laptop as I can with my 2.8 Core I7 desktop without feeling a noticeable difference in speed. The performance argument between Macs and PC's just doesn't matter anymore. Computers are fast enough for most people. Now it all comes down to software and hardware design.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #72
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
For the record it's Mac, not MAC. MAC = Media Access Control. I'm not misinformed at all. I've been using windows and building PC's for years. I'm not talking about the quality difference between circuit boards and components. I'm talking about the overall hardware and industrial design.

I'm well aware you can build a PC that runs circles around a mac at a fraction of the cost. But unless all you do is play video games all day, render video or 3D models, that point is really moot. I can do 90% of the computer tasks I do daily with my 1.8 core2duo laptop as I can with my 2.8 Core I7 desktop without feeling a noticeable difference in speed. The performance argument between Macs and PC's just doesn't matter anymore. Computers are fast enough for most people. Now it all comes down to software and hardware design.
MAC and Mac are the same thing so is mAc. What hardware are you talking about j/w?

So your saying that the only thing better about a mAc is the OS because everything else doesn't matter anymore?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #73
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Apple usually cuts a deal with intel to get parts 6-12 months before they are released to the public. So to answer your question, hardware does matter and on a new mac it is better than a PC

Also if you build a PC with the same parts as a mac pro, it usually comes out to costing about the same if not more. Most 12 core workstations that dell or HP offer start at $7k

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #74
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Apple usually cuts a deal with intel to get parts 6-12 months before they are released to the public. So to answer your question, hardware does matter and on a new mac it is better than a PC

Also if you build a PC with the same parts as a mac pro, it usually comes out to costing about the same if not more. Most 12 core workstations that dell or HP offer start at $7k
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #75
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

One of each.

I have a PC for gaming and a mac for everything else.
      07-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #76
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
\
All the images that Kiemyster posted is the perfect example of Windows fanboyism and only shows how little he really knows about both computing platforms.
I post those pictures because they make me laugh so hard its unreal.

I refuse to support a company that is designed to cheat its customers and that dominates its market with full control, thanks to its monopoly by design. Im a man of principle, and as previously stated, this company is evil.
      07-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #77
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
From a OS standpoint are Apple more or less evil than Microsoft?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #78
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
wish i could find the article for you

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #79
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bhd:. View Post
wish i could find the article for you
Having trouble finding it?

It's not hard to look at there website and see what hardware is in their computers only to realize its twice the price and is certainly not the "newest" hardware.

You seriously need to take a look at apple's website and do a comparison of what you can get the same exact parts for on newegg and see how much of a cost difference it is. Not to mention I can get most hardware for OEM prices.

Last edited by FDfranklin; 07-14-2011 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #80
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Having trouble finding it?

It's not hard to look at there website and see what hardware is in their computers only to realize its twice the price and is certainly not the "newest" hardware.

You seriously need to take a look at apple's website and do a comparison of what you can get the same exact parts for on newegg and see how much of a cost difference it is. Not to mention I can get most hardware for OEM prices.
obviously the current ones are going to be available to the market. I'm talking about new products that are released. Thunderbolt for example was first available on the MacBook Pros but they're slowly licensing to other manufacturers.

And I know Newegg has cheap stuff, I was talking about Dell and HP.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/05/04/new-im...d-imac-delays/

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #81
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
obviously the current ones are going to be available to the market. I'm talking about new products that are released. Thunderbolt for example was first available on the MacBook Pros but they're slowly licensing to other manufacturers.

And I know Newegg has cheap stuff, I was talking about Dell and HP.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/05/04/new-im...d-imac-delays/
I think your points are highly irrelevant. The products on their website are the new products release if they were old products that would mean they have something else, right? If its not for sale its not a new product its an unreleased product.

Dell and HP are complete shit this is common knowledge, I would never buy one and if I was given one for free I would sell it right away. So once again completely irrelevant. If you want to compare mac to a PC at least be fair and compare it to a quality brand or a custom build.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #82
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
I think your points are highly irrelevant. The products on their website are the new products release if they were old products that would mean they have something else, right? If its not for sale its not a new product its an unreleased product.

Dell and HP are complete shit this is common knowledge, I would never buy one and if I was given one for free I would sell it right away. So once again completely irrelevant. If you want to compare mac to a PC at least be fair and compare it to a quality brand or a custom build.
I'm talking about the average customer here. I'd say about 5% percent of PC users actually build their own computers. Most people just buy it from the store.

Quality vise what's comparable to Apple? I'd say the Sony Vaio series and their prices are right in line with Apples.

No matter what brand of PC I've used, I have never experienced the same fit and finish as an iMac or a Macbook pro. Just look at the unibody aluminum design. No one can recreate that yet.

The best comparison I can think of between a Mac and PC is this. A mac is a BMW where you pay extra but you get refinement and quality where the PC is like an STI or an Evo. It's fast as fuck, about half the price, and can be easily fixed if something goes wrong.

There's something for everyone just gotta figure out what you're most comfortable with

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #83
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
I post those pictures because they make me laugh so hard its unreal.

I refuse to support a company that is designed to cheat its customers and that dominates its market with full control, thanks to its monopoly by design. Im a man of principle, and as previously stated, this company is evil.

Here is your master.

07-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #84
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I;d say he's slightly more enthusiastic then Jobs typical press release...LMAO - Dude is like the spitting image of Farley's motivational speaker.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #85
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ325i View Post
From a OS standpoint are Apple more or less evil than Microsoft?
That, sir, is a trick question.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #86
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
That, sir, is a trick question.
hahhah
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #87
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

I'm an average user and have both mac (personal) and pc (work). It all depends heavily on OS. Windows 7 is marginally better than anything Microsoft had to offer in the past. I'd say it's not as easy to use as Mac, but wins in terms of software availability. Overall, Windows 7 is on par with Snow Leopard for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #88
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

PC FTW. Apple for artsy shit.
Appreciate 0