Urban Meyer still has it.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      10-04-2021, 07:49 PM   #376
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

So because the Bucs (who had twice the talent) barely beat the Pats, can we at least praise the guy who used to be called the greatest coach in NFL history? That was before everyone decided Brady won all those SBs by himself.
Appreciate 2
Torgus3779.00
Bongoxxx804.00
      10-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #377
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Urban Meyer still has it.
That chick was a baddie.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 04:24 AM   #378
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
So because the Bucs (who had twice the talent) barely beat the Pats, can we at least praise the guy who used to be called the greatest coach in NFL history? That was before everyone decided Brady won all those SBs by himself.
Coach Belichick is definitely the greatest coach in NFL history. So yes. However it still doesn’t change the fact that most inside people say he’s a dick in real life. I didn’t know that until just recently and I have been following the man for 20 years. And so all of us patriots fans have a tendency to gravitate more towards Brady at this point. At least I do. Brady is the greatest story by far in NFL history. Second place to him is a distant second place. Even the haters have to agree with this. If Brady were to never win another game again with Tampa and retired next year, last year‘s season is the greatest story ever told in NFL history. No preseason games, new to the team, start the season in terrible form and then goes on to the Super Bowl and literally destroys the team that everybody thought was going to turn out to be the greatest football team in NFL history. I mean the story would’ve been great on its own had Tampa Bay beat Kansas City by a field goal but they didn’t. They humiliated them. It’s a dream.

No getting back to Coach Belichick. Had he had Peyton Manning or even Aaron Rodgers this last 20 years I definitely think he could’ve won a handful of Super Bowls with them as well. He’s that good. Nothing but respect for the man. What really would’ve been cool is if he had gotten Patrick Mahomes. How many Super Bowls would those two win together? I say that because Andy Reid sucks. I’m not gonna argue with anyone on that. Patrick Mahomes is the Kansas City Chiefs.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-05-2021, 07:34 AM   #379
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
That chick was a baddie.
I’m gonna take a break from this thread for a few days. I gotta be home with my family
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      10-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #380
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Coach Belichick is definitely the greatest coach in NFL history. So yes. However it still doesn’t change the fact that most inside people say he’s a dick in real life. I didn’t know that until just recently and I have been following the man for 20 years. And so all of us patriots fans have a tendency to gravitate more towards Brady at this point. At least I do. Brady is the greatest story by far in NFL history. Second place to him is a distant second place. Even the haters have to agree with this. If Brady were to never win another game again with Tampa and retired next year, last year‘s season is the greatest story ever told in NFL history. No preseason games, new to the team, start the season in terrible form and then goes on to the Super Bowl and literally destroys the team that everybody thought was going to turn out to be the greatest football team in NFL history. I mean the story would’ve been great on its own had Tampa Bay beat Kansas City by a field goal but they didn’t. They humiliated them. It’s a dream.

No getting back to Coach Belichick. Had he had Peyton Manning or even Aaron Rodgers this last 20 years I definitely think he could’ve won a handful of Super Bowls with them as well. He’s that good. Nothing but respect for the man. What really would’ve been cool is if he had gotten Patrick Mahomes. How many Super Bowls would those two win together? I say that because Andy Reid sucks. I’m not gonna argue with anyone on that. Patrick Mahomes is the Kansas City Chiefs.
Well said.

I personally thought the game was VERY fun to watch and Mac Jones did decent given the Pats had -1 yrd rushing. White being out SUCKS. I bet we would have won had white been in it. MJ came this close to beating TB which would have been awesome as a Pats fan. I am kind of happy TB won on the other hand as this may be his last game in Foxboro ever. I did like that he would consider a 1 day signing to retire as a Patriot, even if it is stupid, it's neat he mentioned it.

I think we should have gone for it on 4th and 3, Brady had enough time to come back and kick a FG to win it. 10 yards closer and a minute off the clock and I bet we hit that FG and win the game.

As MJ progresses it will be fun to watch. I think we may have found our next TB but I also don't want to jinx it. He is doing well enough as rookie QB, being 1-3 sucks but he seems to get better every game.

Tampa maybe the Chiefs their bitch in the SB. It was epic. A true stomping. If that is TBV's last SB he went out there and CRUSHED it.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      10-05-2021, 03:19 PM   #381
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

So, how about that halftime score in MNF?

I only care because 1, 0 = $110. I was working a council meeting at the time
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 06:50 PM   #382
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:

So here’s a question…since “everyone” says Brady is the GOAT and the reason the Pats won those Super Bowls…

Would we even know Brady’s name if he was drafted by say the Lions?
I mean you all say he’s the GOAT, so we’d all be talking about the Lions dynasty right
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614906.00
lakefront560.50
      10-05-2021, 08:19 PM   #383
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
So here’s a question…since “everyone” says Brady is the GOAT and the reason the Pats won those Super Bowls…

I mean you all say he’s the GOAT, so we’d all be talking about the Lions dynasty right
Brady should thank Mo Lewis.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #384
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Here we go. All I need you to do is put your left hand in the air and spread your thumb and fingers apart and then start counting. When you get to five you’re gonna have to switch to your other hand and count two more until you get to seven. I don’t really need to explain anything further. If hate and delusion is how you cope with this then hate on.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-06-2021, 08:20 AM   #385
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Here we go. All I need you to do is put your left hand in the air and spread your thumb and fingers apart and then start counting. When you get to five you’re gonna have to switch to your other hand and count two more until you get to seven. I don’t really need to explain anything further. If hate and delusion is how you cope with this then hate on.

I love people always want to come up with all of these what if this or what if that happened. It seems to come up more often in sports for some reason. The facts are the way it did happen, speculating on what could of happened is a pointless an fruitless exercise.

7/10

This visual graph may help some people: https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...wl-wins-2019-1
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 09:10 AM   #386
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

I love people always want to come up with all of these what if this or what if that happened. It seems to come up more often in sports for some reason. The facts are the way it did happen, speculating on what could of happened is a pointless an fruitless exercise.

7/10

This visual graph may help some people: https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-...wl-wins-2019-1
Yes
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 05:32 PM   #387
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You guys are missing the point…if he had been drafted to another team, with a different coach, head office etc. he would not have those rings. He was average at best coming out of college and was the 3rd option on the depth chart with the Pats…right pace, right time and the rest is history and he won, but he didn’t do it on his own and he’s not the solereason they won those Super Bowls.

If you think he is the only reason the pats won you are delusional….is he a big part of it, yes the QB for any team plays a key role in winning or not.

To say BB isn’t a big part of those wins is a joke. “But but Brady left and won without him” of course he did, he went to a team that was stacked at the key offensive positions and had a great defence and a great coach.

But I guess all you care about is rings in determining who is the GOAT, so I guess Charles Haley is the next best player to ever put on the cleats?
Or Terry Bradshaw is tied with Montana as the second best QB of all time?
Or Eli Manning is better than Brees, Favre, Rodgers, Marino (could go on and on) because he has won more?
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      10-06-2021, 05:49 PM   #388
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
You guys are missing the point…if he had been drafted to another team, with a different coach, head office etc. he would not have those rings. He was average at best coming out of college and was the 3rd option on the depth chart with the Pats…right pace, right time and the rest is history and he won, but he didn’t do it on his own and he’s not the solereason they won those Super Bowls.

If you think he is the only reason the pats won you are delusional….is he a big part of it, yes the QB for any team plays a key role in winning or not.

To say BB isn’t a big part of those wins is a joke. “But but Brady left and won without him” of course he did, he went to a team that was stacked at the key offensive positions and had a great defence and a great coach.

But I guess all you care about is rings in determining who is the GOAT, so I guess Charles Haley is the next best player to ever put on the cleats?
Or Eli Manning is better than Brees, Favre, Rodgers, Marino (could go on and on) because he has won more?
All of the greats had to start somewhere though. If you think Brady, with his work ethic, passion for the game, dedication to his craft, and everything else that he is, would have been garbage with another team, then youre hopeless. Would he have won 7 rings? Maybe not. Would he have won a few? Probably. He was also fairly decent in college, and probably would have been drafted significantly higher if Michigan didnt screw around with him and Henson and started him like they should have.

His early years, he was definitely helped by a good defense and Bill, but some of these later rings, he dragged those teams kicking and screaming to a championship. I know weve discussed this before, but the Bucs were 7-9 the year before Brady, and only 4 starters changed from that team to Brady's superbowl team, including 2 rookies starting. If thats not a great example of how much he brings to a team, i dont know what is.

You put Brady this season on any team right now, except maybe the Chiefs, and they automatically improve their SB odds. Including teams like the Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks, etc.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 05:55 PM   #389
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Here we go. All I need you to do is put your left hand in the air and spread your thumb and fingers apart and then start counting. When you get to five you're gonna have to switch to your other hand and count two more until you get to seven. I don't really need to explain anything further. If hate and delusion is how you cope with this then hate on.
You guys are missing the point…if he had been drafted to another team, with a different coach, head office etc. he would not have those rings. He was average at best coming out of college and was the 3rd option on the depth chart with the Pats…right pace, right time and the rest is history and he won, but he didn't do it on his own and he's not the solereason they won those Super Bowls.

To say BB isn't a big part of those wins is a joke. "But but Brady left and won without him" of course he did, he went to a team that was stacked at the key offensive positions and had a great defence and a great coach.

Yeah no, you're missing the point. It's by far the STUPIDEST argument one can make.

So michael jordan, had he been drafted by the Portland trailblazers……. Do you see how idiotic that argument is?

Why? Because it didn't happen. You could LEGITIMATELY do it for Joe Montana as well. And Terry Bradshaw (wHaT iF hE dIdN't HaVe ThE sTeEl CuRtAiN?!") The point is, these were the cards issued in this timeline and those are the facts we have to go with. We LITERALLY just did this a few pages back.

Jameis Winston threw for over 5000 yards with almost the exact same squad. Please, Gronk is old as fack and a shell of his former self. Gronk wouldn't do shit on another team not helmed by Brady. It's the QB who is the leader. It's the guy all the players rally around INCLUDING defense. Go pull up Aaron Donald quotes on what the TEAM is like with Stafford as QB. Go pull up quotes from Von Miller on what the TEAM is like with Bridgewater.

Brady is doing shit that people his age shouldn't do and haven't done before, period. And I'm a fucking GIANTS fan. We come out the womb pre-programmed to despise anything out of MA. That should probably tell you something.

Your argument is childish and asinine at best. You can literally apply that idiotic argument with every fucking HOF player. Even the ones you mentioned. Guess Michael and Kobe weren't worth a lick cuz Phil Jackson. Williams sisters if only they had a different father. Like gtfo with these stupid ass arguments lol.
Appreciate 2
Patton2502936.50
      10-06-2021, 05:57 PM   #390
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Yeah no, you're missing the point. It's by far the STUPIDEST argument one can make.

So michael jordan, had he been drafted by the Portland trailblazers……. Do you see how idiotic that argument is?

Why? Because it didn't happen. You could LEGITIMATELY do it for Joe Montana as well. And Terry Bradshaw (wHaT iF hE dIdN't HaVe ThE sTeEl CuRtAiN?!") The point is, these were the cards issued in this timeline and those are the facts we have to go with. We LITERALLY just did this a few pages back.

Jameis Winston through for over 5000 yards with almost the exact same squad. Please, Gronk is old as fack and a shell of his former self. Gronk wouldn't do shit on another team not helmed by Brady. It's the QB who is the leader. It's the guy all the players rally around INCLUDING defense. Go pull up Aaron Donald quotes on what the TEAM is like with Stafford as QB. Go pull up quotes from Von Miller on what the TEAM is like with Bridgewater.

Brady is doing shit that people his age shouldn't do and haven't done before, period. And I'm a fucking GIANTS fan. We come out the womb pre-programmed to despise anything out of MA. That should probably tell you something.

Your argument is childish and asinine at best. You can literally apply that idiotic argument with every fucking HOF player. Even the ones you mentioned. Guess Michael and Kobe weren't worth a lick cuz Phil Jackson. Williams sisters if only they had a different father. Like gtfo with these stupid ass arguments lol.
this fucking guy is making me agree with a Giants fan. should be a bannable offense.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #391
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

Jameis Winston through for over 5000 yards with almost the exact same squad. Please, Gronk is old as fack and a shell of his former self. Gronk wouldn't do shit on another team not helmed by Brady. It's the QB who is the leader. It's the guy all the players rally around INCLUDING defense. Go pull up Aaron Donald quotes on what the TEAM is like with Stafford as QB. Go pull up quotes from Von Miller on what the TEAM is like with Bridgewater.

this fucking guy is making me agree with a Giants fan. should be a bannable offense.
This made me laugh out loud.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #392
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
All of the greats had to start somewhere though. If you think Brady, with his work ethic, passion for the game, dedication to his craft, and everything else that he is, would have been garbage with another team, then youre hopeless. Would he have won 7 rings? Maybe not. Would he have won a few? Probably. He was also fairly decent in college, and probably would have been drafted significantly higher if Michigan didnt screw around with him and Henson and started him like they should have.

His early years, he was definitely helped by a good defense and Bill, but some of these later rings, he dragged those teams kicking and screaming to a championship. I know weve discussed this before, but the Bucs were 7-9 the year before Brady, and only 4 starters changed from that team to Brady's superbowl team, including 2 rookies starting. If thats not a great example of how much he brings to a team, i dont know what is.
I don’t disagree he is a great QB and his approach to the game is amazing, I just think there are a number of delusional people who say he is the only reason they won.

And 4 starters on a team can make the difference between 7-9 and winning a Super Bowl….we saw that last year

And to say the Packers odds of winning with Brady this year are higher than with Rodgers….give me a friggen break. Cowboys, sure, Seahawks maybe.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:03 PM   #393
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I hate is strong with this one.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      10-06-2021, 06:04 PM   #394
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don’t disagree he is a great QB and his approach to the game is amazing, I just think there are a number of delusional people who say he is the only reason they won.

And 4 starters on a team can make the difference between 7-9 and winning a Super Bowl….we saw that last year
I think I truly understand your name now.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #395
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Again. With an aging geriatric barely mobile Gronk? Antonio - I haven't played in forever cuz I'm an idiot - brown?

7-9. With a QB who threw for over 5000 yards. Which only 8 QB's have done.

I'm sure Bruce Arians would've won the SB with Winston. How's that working out for Sean Payton btw?

Go use that hate on something more useful. Like the oil leaks in TX or something. You shouldn't even be allowed on football forums. Seriously. Come up with better material
Appreciate 1
Patton2502936.50
      10-06-2021, 06:12 PM   #396
shoei
Banned
Rep

So irritated. Second time this year I had to say nice shit about TOM BRADY. I'm about to lose my birth rite cuz of this dude, lol. Wtf.
Appreciate 1
Bongoxxx804.00