12-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #243
GAJA
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip75 View Post
That's a cool Milgauss. I really like the green-face one.
Thanks, I love it, wear it every day! I saw the green glass version but preferred the clear one, they look better in the metal than in photos too.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #244
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAJA View Post
I wanted something that looked a bit different...
Beautiful piece. Love the lightening second hand.

I almost got the Milgauss, but the watch not having the date function turned me off, plus I use the functions on the GMT Master II. Would still possibly add a Milgauss (green glass) to my collection in the future! I'm looking for a dress watch first though, such as the Cartier Ballon Bleu with a leather band.
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #245
GAJA
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Beautiful piece. Love the lightening second hand.

I almost got the Milgauss, but the watch not having the date function turned me off, plus I use the functions on the GMT Master II. Would still possibly add a Milgauss (green glass) to my collection in the future! I'm looking for a dress watch first though, such as the Cartier Ballon Bleu with a leather band.
Yes, I love the lightening second hand too, it's to signify that the watch is shock proof I think! Just looks different and I like that, already have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer and didn't need a Rolex that looked like a divers watch so this fitted the bill. I looked at the green glass version in the shop next to the clear crystal but preferred the clear, I think the silly price difference helped too!

Not a fan of dress watches, prefer a more rugged look but I think if I had to wear a suit every day, I would consider one...

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #246
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAJA View Post
Yes, I love the lightening second hand too, it's to signify that the watch is shock proof I think! Just looks different and I like that, already have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer and didn't need a Rolex that looked like a divers watch so this fitted the bill. I looked at the green glass version in the shop next to the clear crystal but preferred the clear, I think the silly price difference helped too!

Not a fan of dress watches, prefer a more rugged look but I think if I had to wear a suit every day, I would consider one...

Cheers.
love the Milgauss.. i like the green glass but the clear looks great in person as well..

the lightning second hand is due to the watch being originally designed to be an anti-magnetic watch.. hence the name milGAUSS
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #247
GAJA
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
love the Milgauss.. i like the green glass but the clear looks great in person as well..

the lightning second hand is due to the watch being originally designed to be an anti-magnetic watch.. hence the name milGAUSS
I believe the watch also has some kind of "cage" to protect it from shocks, that has something to do with the lightening bolt second hand... I need to read up properly about it, only had it a couple of weeks...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #248
M3CRUZN
First Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

just got a pre owned GMT (coca-cola) added to my collections
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #249
atleung
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo M5

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #250
Beancounter_74
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i F20, 449i F33

^^^ Nice ......did you choose the car to go with the watch, or the other way around
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #251
rohitsja
MUHAAHAA
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i/ 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atleung View Post
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #252
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
The Smurf is my favorite Sub. I didn't have the cash for that version when I bought mine. I like my basic black quite well, so I'm not going to trade up.

Is yours the Asia-only SS or all WG? The WG is beautiful, but the one I'd like to get my hands on is the Asian Smurf. Not a high priority, but someday.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #253
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post

I like my Milgauss well enough, but it wears heavy, heavier than most Rolexes. I think the Faraday cage inside is what makes it that way. The green crystal is quite cool. Inside, it's often not obvious that it's green, but out in the sun, it shows as clearly green.

I got bored with it eventually. I spent some time trying to figure out what to do with it. Found this group called Blaken who customize watches. Sent them an email and await their reply. You can have your watch customized to suit your tastes (Choose the Individual link from the top of this page - http://www.blaken.com/en/home)

Here are a few examples:

What's not clear to me is whether after modifying the watch whether I have to then send it back to them for servicing. I know that if I send it to Rolex, they'll remove all the mods, restore the watch to its original style/condition and send me a bill for having done so, along with the charge for the service (the thing for which I'd have sent it to them).

I only recently learned of the option of customizing a watch, so I'm still exploring who else can do it. It seems the main customization is to apply DLC/PVD to the watch's exterior and mess with the coloring of the various design bits -- hands, dials, markers, borders, etc. Even so, it seems like a nice way to freshen up an existing watch of which one has grown tired.

I've found other companies who also do it and I've reached out to a couple of them also.
All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #254
GAJA
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I like my Milgauss well enough, but it wears heavy, heavier than most Rolexes. I think the Faraday cage inside is what makes it that way. The green crystal is quite cool. Inside, it's often not obvious that it's green, but out in the sun, it shows as clearly green.

I got bored with it eventually. I spent some time trying to figure out what to do with it. Found this group called Blaken who customize watches. Sent them an email and await their reply. You can have your watch customized to suit your tastes (Choose the Individual link from the top of this page - http://www.blaken.com/en/home)

Here are a few examples:

What's not clear to me is whether after modifying the watch whether I have to then send it back to them for servicing. I know that if I send it to Rolex, they'll remove all the mods, restore the watch to its original style/condition and send me a bill for having done so, along with the charge for the service (the thing for which I'd have sent it to them).

I only recently learned of the option of customizing a watch, so I'm still exploring who else can do it. It seems the main customization is to apply DLC/PVD to the watch's exterior and mess with the coloring of the various design bits -- hands, dials, markers, borders, etc. Even so, it seems like a nice way to freshen up an existing watch of which one has grown tired.

I've found other companies who also do it and I've reached out to a couple of them also.
All the best.
This is a man who knows his aftermarket Rolex customizers! Tony, I looked at the titanblack website before I ordered mine! loved the black colour, not so sure about the prices they charge, If I was a millionaire it would be a no brainer, to have a unique, interesting watch but it was very good fun to play with their configurater to find my favourite design!

I have a feeling that as you buy it as new from Titan, etc. you would send it back to them for servicing, repairs as the watches they sell are brand new and then they work their magic using your specs that were specified. So, the warranty is through them.

I like the feeling that I am wearing it, I don't find it overly heavy, it's perfect for me and I feel that I am wearing a piece which has substance and quality. The green crystal is cool but wasn't worth the £500 increase in price they wanted for it. I mean, really? £500 for a bit of crystal, someone is making it up!

A bit more I've noticed about the green crystal, sorry! The detailing is subtly different on the dial on the clear glass version, this was another reason for me to go clear! I have orange square markers instead of numbers, this I preferred. Brings the dial a bit more colour I think & matches that striking second hand! Lastly, the green edition has minute markers, the clear version has a marker within the minute marker, this I like.

You must post an update on the forum if you decide to go "after market", I would be very interested in seeing your creation & it may spur me on to go down the same route. You could also use the forum to ask for assistance in choosing your special should you be unsure which mod looks best! just a suggestion. Good luck with your choice.

Cheers. GAJA
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #255
atleung
Rep

I had been eying the watch for awhile but never pulled the trigger until some time I got the car. I swear I did not get one to match the other. Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter_74 View Post
^^^ Nice ......did you choose the car to go with the watch, or the other way around
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #256
atleung
Rep

Didn't know there is an "Asian smurf". Mine is WG. As far as Rolexes, it's probably my "grail watch", although I must admit I also like the all gold GMT. Unfortunately, I am not gangsta enough to rock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
The Smurf is my favorite Sub. I didn't have the cash for that version when I bought mine. I like my basic black quite well, so I'm not going to trade up.

Is yours the Asia-only SS or all WG? The WG is beautiful, but the one I'd like to get my hands on is the Asian Smurf. Not a high priority, but someday.

All the best.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #257
Piers
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F10 535d M-Sport

Quote:
That is very nice sir.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #258
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Didn't know there is an "Asian smurf". Mine is WG. As far as Rolexes, it's probably my "grail watch", although I must admit I also like the all gold GMT. Unfortunately, I am not gangsta enough to rock it.
It'd be a vintage (1970s) watch at this point in time, but then Subs haven't changed all that much so as one would readily know the difference by a picture.

At this point, the WG is the only blue being sold specifically that way. It's possible however to buy a SS black one and buy a replacement dial and bezel insert to shift to blue. That's how this one came to be. (http://www.timeandgems.com/rolex-men...iner-5103.html)

The extensive customizability of a Rolex is one reason why I shy away from them on the used watch market. Another is the rampant fakes that are also out there. I just don't have the time or patience to deal with the consequence of being taken by some slick scoundrel. And I certainly don't have that kind of money to just lose.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 03:13 AM   #259
VendettaBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

I have a 2013 Sub & just got my wife a pre-Owned datejust rhodium w/ Roman numerals for her stocking stuff this year at Xmas.
Pic from when I bought it , as it's warped now. In glad I bought 200x pre-Owned as I took links out last night so she could put it on Xmas morning and I think it a will still be abit loose as has small wrists and its a mans datejust.
Attached Images

Last edited by VendettaBMW; 12-17-2013 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #260
Mactastic
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 X5 4.8is, largely stock

I've been a huge car and watch connoisseur for years, matter of fact my first word was "Tick tock!". I own several "nicer" watches but nothing majorly fancy besides my Rolex Milgauss GV (The Green glass one that is.). It's a great watch and I wouldn't trade it for a thing but I rarely wear it because it's too nice to wear in my eyes.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #261
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by VendettaBMW View Post
I have a 2013 Sub & just got my wife a pre-Owned datejust rhodium w/ Roman numerals for her stocking stuff this year at Xmas.
Pic from when I bought it , as it's warped now. In glad I bought 200x pre-Owned as I took links out last night so she could put it on Xmas morning and I think it a will still be abit loose as has small wrists and its a mans datejust.
What was her regular gift a 747? Don't try so hard you already own it.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 01-01-2014 at 01:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 12:53 AM   #262
VendettaBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

LOL
A gucci bag and photo book etc.

Ya. But I like the cow to be fit a/6 pack utters and luv to suck like a calf
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 03:50 AM   #263
PINeely