BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Lamborghini or Ferrari factory tour

Anyone have experience on this? Is it possible to do day trip from Florence on my own or is it required that I book one with a tour group?

I was interested in Ferrari but read that you can only visit the assembly line if you own a Ferrari? Pretty lame.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Anyone have experience on this? Is it possible to do day trip from Florence on my own or is it required that I book one with a tour group?

I was interested in Ferrari but read that you can only visit the assembly line if you own a Ferrari? Pretty lame.
Ferrari is a day trip easy.

My wife just did a Ferrari tour...but she went with a friend who bid on some special deal at a charity auction.

She WALKED the factory floor, the F1 shop, the F1 storage area (touched the cars all parked about 20 inches apart like sardines in a large garage and on lifts) and the restoration area. She said the normal tour people would drive by on a bus but never stop to get out.

Almost totally wasted on her.... She kept thinking I would love this... She did say she teared up thinking about MS and his current condition and what he represented for Ferrari while she touched one of his former F1 cars.

Damn I wish I was there......

I don't think you will get that tour....sorry!!

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 04:25 AM   #3
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Like Ric in RVA mentioned. Only Ferrari owners get the legit tour. The bus one is pretty lame. I looked into this stuff last year prior to a trip I took. Lamborghini has tours but they are booked months in advance. I went on my trip last October 2014 probably did some research 2-3 months out and Lamborghini was booked through March of 2015...

I did a factory tour of Pagani which was pretty neat. They were in the middle of building a new production facility nearby which we got to see part of that building as well. In the new building is where final assembly takes place; and it was pretty sick seeing 2 pallets of AMG engines stacked to the ceiling waiting to go into new cars.
I also visited the Ferrari museum which is really nice and they have some cool F1 simulators you can pay to play which was pretty fun. There are also many places to buy Ferrari related stuff throughout the town of Maranello.
They have several rental places in Maranello where you can rent many different Ferrari's and Maserati's.
I rented a 458 Speciale it was a pretty awesome experience driving one there.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 05:58 AM   #4
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

how much was renting the 458 if you don't mind? and from what company?^
Appreciate 1