03-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #45
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
thats funny.. I think if you do 12 reps of each exercise and a lot of cardio you'll get a body like that.. and of course a strict diet

I want a Tyler Durden body but that shit is impossible
Man, even right now I'm still too heavy to compete in Muay Thai tournies. I gotta be in the mid 140s at the highest. The average Thai male is around 140 lbs.

Doug-my thought exactly. I never noticed the change because you see yourself daily, until my dad sent me that picture.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #46
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
what is? below average bodyfat and good lighting, or going back in time and making brad pitt's parents have you instead?

one is impossible, the other isnt.
Lol no matter how much i work out I don't think I'll ever be that cut up. it has to do with genetics too.

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 12:43 AM   #47
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

^ Psh, that body is no biggy man. Pretty attainable for anyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #48
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Lol no matter how much i work out I don't think I'll ever be that cut up. it has to do with genetics too.

i guess my reference to brad pitt's parents was lost on you.

not that his leanness is really anything out of the ordinary.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #49
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
Hey Mike, I don't know if I want to bulk up too much. I'm not trying to go for a body builder frame, but a more 'leaner' fit...kinda like Kobe Bryant or the 2 main characters from "Never Back Down", lol.
Not to worry bro, you won't turn into a "bodybuilder" overnight. Bulking/cutting is certainly not the only way to achieve your goals, but I have found it to give the best results in the shortest period of time when I am either focusing on putting on lean mass or cutting fat through manipulating my diet (training remains the same or close to it). I'm not talking about going on a 35lb bulk... I'm talking about slowly putting on 10-15lbs over the next 6 months. You look lean as hell in that pic so I would focus on putting on muscle (I am referring to your diet, not your training). Of course you can take this advice with a grain of salt, but I wish I had someone to tell me this two years ago. Keep in mind that its very hard, if not impossible, to put on much muscle while in a caloric deficit. Definition will increase with lower bf and strength gains can be made, but muscle size will not.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #50
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Congrats dude, keep it up!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #51
omgitselainee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92

To the OP ...Congratulations and pleaseee post pics with all them muscles ??!! Though i think i'll be in the minority requesting such ??
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #52
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

just weighed in at the gym.

6' 204lbs. i was 212 two weeks ago. hittin the gym errday nigguh.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #53
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Not to steal the OP's thunder, but since it's already on my Facebook..

Exactly 6 months apart, Aug 24th and Feb 24th respectively. I had only started lifting on Jan 12th so most, if not all, of the difference is from eating clean (for the most part) and strength training. Since the picture on the right, I've gained a bit of definition. Lastly, this is just from changing my eating habit and working hard..no pills or supplements at all.

Left side...210 lbs and right is ~155 lbs.

I'm now thinking of training for the L.A. Marathon in 2010.

Oh shit man, good work on that dropping a lot of weight...

pic on the left looks like a fat version of Jet Li

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #54
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Congrats, dude! In January, I weighed 175 lbs. I'm down to 155 lbs. The hardest part of it all is to not eat the bad stuff.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #55
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
For whatever its worth I just finished up my cut diet a few days ago. I ended up at 158lbs@9%bf (dropped 4%bf from 170lbs@13%bf after my last bulk). After 8 weeks of eating on a caloric deficit, it feels great to slowly start to up my cals back to maintenance. Towards the end of my cut I was starting to see my strength go in the toilet and my workout intensity just wasn't there, but only a few hundred extra cals per day and I feel 1,000 times better. Within the next two weeks I'll be back to bulking so I can focus on putting on some nice gains through the summer. This time around I'm going to try a slower approach with only 250cals over maintenance and see what kind of gains I can make on that. Last time I did 500 cals over and put on some nice size, but I figured that I can take it slower since its summer time, but that's subject to change. I'm also toying around with the idea of doing 8 weeks of bulking followed by 2 weeks of cutting, but I'm not sure yet. Hmmm....

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #56
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

it's funny how everyone is taking the initiatives to get back in shape...i was never fat, i was skinny but then i was flabby as well, tits sag, stomach rolls, unhealthy diets...i started P90X for a month but quit that and just lifted for the past month...so in 2 months i went from the pic on the left, to the pic on the right...im at 150 now, my goal is to get to 160 and ripped...if i keep at this pace i think 4 more months i will reach that goal...

this is my targeted goal, tits got a long way to go though

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #57
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
^ That's some nice progress in a pretty short period of time. Keep at it.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #58
Major
Armenia
Rep

spool u look like dr. dre

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #59
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
Congrats, dude! In January, I weighed 175 lbs. I'm down to 155 lbs. The hardest part of it all is to not eat the bad stuff.
To me, that's the easiest part. I usually take Saturday nights off from the gym and when I go out at night, I would ask myself "what the hell was I thinking when I ate all of those crappy ass food at 12AM?"

Ever since I started cooking at home instead of eating out daily, I'm saving about $500 a month!

Spool, you need to be wearing a black wife beater and driving an S2k, yo!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 11:19 PM   #60
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
spool u look like dr. dre
But Dre is black?

Quote:

I do have an S2K, and i owned a couple of black wife beaters...what is ur diet consist of? i have a fat friend im trying to help out too

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #61
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
But Dre is black?

I do have an S2K, and i owned a couple of black wife beaters...what is ur diet consist of? i have a fat friend im trying to help out too
You gotta Paypal me $35 before I can tell you.

Currently...cereal at 10AM (that's the time I wake up). Small lunch at 12-1PM, a bowl of rice with beef and potato or rice with egg whites and beef. Snack at 3-4 PM. Small dinner at 6-7PM, same food as lunch. A can of tuna at 9PM, gym from 10PM to midnight. Post work out meal when I get home.

Snack is either a cup of yogurt and 2 slices of wheat bread, wheat crackers and chicken salad, fruits, peanut butter sandwich and milk, or almonds.

If you want, I'll be more detailed later on. I'm about to head out to the gym right now.

BTW you can help all you want, but it's up to the attitude of the person.

I have a friend who wants to lose weight too, and I'm sure he would see better result than I did in faster time because I used myself as a trial and error experiment and has refined a lot of stuff since. 1 week into the process...this dude went to an all you can eat buffet and gave up already.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #62
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
To me, that's the easiest part. I usually take Saturday nights off from the gym and when I go out at night, I would ask myself "what the hell was I thinking when I ate all of those crappy ass food at 12AM?"

Ever since I started cooking at home instead of eating out daily, I'm saving about $500 a month!

It is so hard for me because I will be watching TV and all of a sudden I get hungry. So I'll eat late at night, and I won't feel like making something that is heathly. So I'll eat bad foods. I'm always pissed after I do that.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #63
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
But Dre is black?
use your imagination

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #64
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
It is so hard for me because I will be watching TV and all of a sudden I get hungry. So I'll eat late at night, and I won't feel like making something that is heathly. So I'll eat bad foods. I'm always pissed after I do that.
That's how I felt a couple of years ago before I got the discipline. Ironic enough, it took Muay Thai to give me that push, I guess getting bruises and hit on a daily basis did it for me, heh.

I used to eat whatever I wanted, when I wanted. I'd go out on the weekends drinking with friends, eat hot wings, mac and cheese, etc. I used to be impatience, like most out there who wants to lose weight. You didn't get fat over night so you will not get in shape over night as well...that's the reality.

If you choose to do anything about it instead of just getting mad, I would suggest a better snack, like a cup of tuna or low fat yogurt. After that I would try to start walking half a mile to a full mile a day. You will be surprised how far baby steps will take you.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 07:32 PM   #65
Takumi587
///M3 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05' M3 and 21' Tesla Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
hey folks, i dont know if all of you have been following my threads but one day after a trip to vegas i was so disgusted of my body, when i got back Monday cold turkey i went on a diet. Let me give a little history about my self, im 21 years old, 3 years ago i was 185 pounds and in amazing shape. i'm 6 feet tall.

So let me begin by saying exactly 2 years ago before i got a g/f i was 222 pounds and the whole thing made me gain another 24 pounds. So after getting rid of her i decided the weight needed to go also. It was kind of easy for me because my very good friend is so into this stuff he educated me and slowly i started to learn more and more.

Just like all diet-ers after only 9 pounds of lose i gave up, like a little pussy and couldnt do it. It was hard and my other friends were not a good motivation with all the late night food they would eat lol.

So fast forward to Jan 26th, at 237 pounds, i felt the disgust again. This mainly came after looking at pictures of me at trips 3 years ago and the body i had! So jan 26th i remember something that happened to me(personal) in 2008 on Jan 26th and it made me sooooooo mad. I made a pact with my good friend that morning that my diet begins again!!!! Keep in mind this time around i was very fucking educated about the foods, cardio, and such to achieve my goal. I set my Goal at 199.99999999 pounds, a 46+ pound wieght lose, 161,000 calorie deificit diet! Anyways i got my membership back at the gym and put my head toward it...and i decided to get my body back for summer

Boy oh Boy this time around i went 100% motivated and so educated into the diet that after one week i was about to quit. I ate all the right foods at the right times in the right portions. Thank god my friend didnt let me quit, after 2 weeks i lost 8 pounds, and i started noticing a difference!! Such a nice feeling! Eventhough all the haters said it was mainly water loss and im done, i was set to prove everyone wrong. So i put the quitting behind me and decided to go 150%!!! Guys it was so hard after 2 weeks i didnt even go out with one girl for dinner or lunch or anything!!!! Only coffee, dark black coffee with nothing in it, i was so affriad it would make me give up because of the good food.....I started to discipline myself, that i didnt even know how good fast food tasted or craved it.

So after weeks and weeks of dieting, i have so far lose a total of 34 pounds, IT HAS BEEN SO FUCKING WORTH IT, THAT IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY THINKING ABOUT IT. This Saturday for the first time in a while i went and bought 3 pairs of amazing jeans 2 waist sizes small, so when i lose the 12 pounds itll fit me perfect!!! Its just sitting in my closet waiting for the weight to come off!!! I cant wait!!! i cant believe im almost there i got another 12 pounds to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO. I dont think this part should be to hard, im shooting

Guys im at work i will add more once i get home, however anyone and i mean anyone need any help losing weight...DO ITTTTTTTT i will help you i can write you a diet plan cardio plan whatever you need im here to help. I guarantee it will turn you into a different person. You will be more displined towards everything, have more energy, higher self esteem, look nice and be healthy!!!!!

I hope my little story motivates some people to do it.
WOW props to you man. I have to ask you though what did you eat and drink for brkfst, lunch and dinner? And what else have you been doing to keep the weight off? Running? Lifting? etc?

I am trying to burn damn fat but still have a beer looking belly going on and somewhat of a sad looking chest.

Anyways, from what i hear you can really achieve any goal it just takes time and persistence really. I have another goal set a aside that I am trying to achieve but this getting in shape thing is my main goal!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #66
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Don't we all wish we could be this kid:

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/04/02...uper-strength/

Quote:
At first glance, Liam Hoekstra looks like your typical toddler. At 3 years old and 30 pounds, he sports a mop of curly brown hair and a mischievous smile. But hand the boy a pair of dumbbells and it is immediately clear that there is something special about him. With 40 percent more muscle mass than the average person and exceptional strength, agility and speed, Liam is a real-life Bam Bam Rubble.

No, Liam hasn't been working out -- he was born with a genetic condition called myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy. In essence, his muscle cells reject the protein myostatin, which results in above-average muscle development, a super-fast metabolism and virtually no body fat.

Liam's parents, Dana and Neil Hoekstra of Roosevelt Park, Michigan, say they noticed right away that there was something different about their adopted son. At two days old, his legs could support the weight of his body while his mother held his hands for balance. By 5 months, he could do a difficult gymnastics move that most grown men can't manage.

"I would hold him up by his hands and he would lift himself into an iron cross. That's when we were like, 'Whoa, this is weird,'" says Dana.

As Liam grew, so did his strength -- and his parent's amazement. "When he fell backward, he would land on his butt, but he never hit his head on the ground," Dana says. "His stomach would tense up and he would catch himself before his head hit the ground. You could see his stomach muscles. He had a little six-pack."

Liam's condition is very rare. First documented in beef cattle in the late 1990s, the first human case wasn't discovered until 2000. Today, there are only about 100 known cases in the entire world. Scientists say that studying Liam and others like him could help them to understand the mystery of muscle growth and deterioration and possibly lead to new treatments for ailments such as muscular dystrophy and osteoporosis.

The good news is that while Liam's condition prevents his body from developing the fat young children need for brain growth and development of the central nervous system, he appears to be doing well both physically and mentally. But while he excels in the strength-related activities in his gymnastics class, he has more difficulty than other kids with his balance and flexibility.

The bad news is, he eats like a horse! "He's hungry for a full meal about every hour because of his rapid metabolism," says Dana. "He's already eating me out of house and home."

Keeping Liam fed isn't the only challenge his parents are dealing with. He's already given mom a black eye and put a hole in the wall during a tantrum. But if they can all survive his childhood intact, Liam's future looks pretty bright.

While Liam's dad dreams about his son's future spot on the football team at his beloved University of Michigan, mom just hopes for a normal life for her exceptional son. The Hoekstra's routinely refuse interviews with television news crews looking to sensationalize their son's story. "It's great that he's going to have some extra muscle mass, but I don't want him to be viewed as some kind of freak," says Dana.