Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

03-19-2018, 01:15 AM   #1233
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
That's funny, my favorite is eating donut holes half way til the end of my lift. Lots of looks from people thinkimg the same thing likely, and once I was told it was inappropriate as it doesnt help with others... SMH!

The young bucks you saw likely saw it on social media and don't get the reasoning so here it is.

From the science side is it's steady feed glycogen recovery, not to be confused with replenishment. It aids in NOT having to do a carb surge post workout! That surge often stores fat as the moment your body hits about 30g of carbs in a sitting you trigger an insulin response and insulin is great for building muscle, BUT it's also great at storing fat! This is where all the glucose in the blood that can't be stored as glycogen in the muscles, is converted to adipose AKA fat!

Now I will say this.... the hard candy and gummy near technique is highly more effective for fast sugar delivery as the fat that is found in donuts actually blocks and slows the absorption of the sugar. (I like fireballs, or cinnamon hard candies)

Its best applied to big muscle group days such as legs and back!since you tend to!burn more calories than when doing chest, arms, or ahoulders.
Interesting...thnx PDP. I’m familiar with some of that scientific effects of glycogen conversion and storage. But donuts?!? In the gym...seriously?!?!
I like your mention of the gummy bears and other poster who said sour patch kids. The donuts seem a little “ look at me” type of move. But believe me these knuckleheads are nothing to look at.

I’m all for the “window of gains” heck I do it myself, bringing a protein bar and shake with me that I ingest immediately after training. And also drinking BCAAs as I train. However it really goes to show how impressionable these younger generation lifters are, getting most all their info off social media. I agree they prob saw some idiot like Rich Pianna or Brad Dingleberry post it. Haaaa
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #1234
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Luckily for me (since I'm diabetic) I can eat and be ready to run inside of 30 minutes, going to the gym is easy.

OK, maybe not for the guy/girl next to me if I get gas from meal. . .
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #1235
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
I eat 2-3 bags of sour patch kids per workout

I can't train after any real meal in me (I'll puke) but I also can't do it fasted- so I eat the packets 20 minutes prior to working out. Simple carbs yayyyyyy
same here! i'll eat maybe 10-15 pieces 30 minutes before heading to the gym
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #1236
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Also on that sour patch kid/gummy bear preworkout regiment lol. Works wonders for me.

I absolutely cannot lift if I had a full meal within 2-4 hours of working out
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2018, 12:45 PM   #1237
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Also on that sour patch kid/gummy bear preworkout regiment lol. Works wonders for me.

I absolutely cannot lift if I had a full meal within 2-4 hours of working out
same here! if i eat within a couple of hours i feel that sitting right on the top of my stomach when i'm doing any kind of movements.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #1238
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

You guys eat pancakes/biscuits and gravy for every meal??? Maybe I just have a bigger

stomach
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #1239
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
I eat 2-3 bags of sour patch kids per workout

I can't train after any real meal in me (I'll puke) but I also can't do it fasted- so I eat the packets 20 minutes prior to working out. Simple carbs yayyyyyy
same here! i'll eat maybe 10-15 pieces 30 minutes before heading to the gym
It's truly awesome, something my ex gf passed on to me a few years back when I had forgotten my protein shake and she's like "here eat sour patch kids"

My work outs feel weaker if I don't consume them 15 minutes before working out. The breakdown of simple carbs without upsetting your stomach or causing lethargy being the main reason. Plus- no head aches glad to see others use the same method (and recommend anyone reading this that hasn't tried it- to do so)
      03-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #1240
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I will say that if I go fishing, right around 10:30-11 we break out the SPK and then crank some more reels until about 12:30-1 for lunch.
Unless Pringles. . .
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #1241
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
You guys eat pancakes/biscuits and gravy for every meal??? Maybe I just have a bigger

stomach
lol maybe. i eat a lot but maybe my food digest freakin slow? i eat my pre lunch at 11am and than lunch at 2pm so by the time i hit the gym it'll be like 6pm so i should be good to go!

Quote:
It's truly awesome, something my ex gf passed on to me a few years back when I had forgotten my protein shake and she's like "here eat sour patch kids"

My work outs feel weaker if I don't consume them 15 minutes before working out. The breakdown of simple carbs without upsetting your stomach or causing lethargy being the main reason. Plus- no head aches glad to see others use the same method (and recommend anyone reading this that hasn't tried it- to do so)
learned it from my buddy the Online Coach before he started his YouTube Channel like 6 years ago. he said if you ever feel like you don't have enough carbs before you hit the gym to eat a bag of Sour Patch Kids and i thought he was effing kidding? sure enough my workouts lasted much longer to where there are times it's already been like 2 hours and i still feel like lifting some more
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #1242
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Never tried it but also don't have much trouble feeling sick after eating shortly before gym. I will however try to carb up more pre since workouts are usually in am before work.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #1243
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

i will say last night during my workout i was sorta annoyed by this guy who seemed to go out of his way to be nice/impress this one hawt chick. i walked over to the cable machine to do some tricep pressdowns and the guy was using the one on the right side as he was facing the other way as he didn't see me and the one on the left nobody was using nor was there an attachment connected to it nor anything on the floor like somebody's stuff to show it's in use. so i set my water bottle down on the ground next to it and walked over to the rack that has all the attachments which is only like 10' away. i grab what i need and walk back to attach the bar and this guy comes tapping me on the back and says "Hey man, she's using that!" i slid my headphones off and said "excuse me?" he again said very loudly "she's using that!" i said "really? there's no attachment on it and i don't see anyone's stuff around it?" of course this chick is on the other side doing cable rows in front of him. i tried not to be a dick as i'm just standing there i think he realized he didn't see me set my water bottle down nor did he notice there was no attachment on so after him saying that he really looked like an idiot lol there were these two guys on the lat pull down shaking there head to me giving that face like this guy's an idiot. the funny part is the girl just walked away not knowing this was because of her
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #1244
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

^ she didn't even thank you for giving her an out by distracting him?? smh
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2018, 05:03 AM   #1245
Bt12
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
and this guy comes tapping me on the back

People at ur gym seem to be very touchy
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2018, 07:49 AM   #1246
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah no one touches anyone except all the bro fist bumping stuff that happens with us regulars
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #1247
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Don't like getting up this early for gym
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #1248
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

went to zoo culture yesterday (Bradley Martin's gym, he was there also and met him, great guy) but that was the first time I had been to a gym where there were HUGE guys and I have to say yelling and screaming after each rep was def something that would drive me nuts if I had to deal with each day.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #1249
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
went to zoo culture yesterday (Bradley Martin's gym, he was there also and met him, great guy) but that was the first time I had been to a gym where there were HUGE guys and I have to say yelling and screaming after each rep was def something that would drive me nuts if I had to deal with each day.
Yeah, it's a bit much.

However, the roids will mute that out. Those of us who are natty are probably best suited to commercial gyms where the "screamer" is a blue moon occurrence rather than the norm.
      03-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #1250
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Tried the sour patch thing no different guess I'm not under fed ever
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #1251
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Tried the sour patch thing no different guess I'm not under fed ever
That should annoy you.

I'm annoyed at myself. Sprained my thumb punching a door yesterday and now it hurts to "grasp"

Note to self- never lend money ever again.
      03-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #1252
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sprained my thumb punching a door yesterday and now it hurts to "grasp"
Belongs in the Confess thread?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #1253
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Sprained my thumb punching a door yesterday and now it hurts to "grasp"
Belongs in the Confess thread?
It's enough punishment I can't masturbate.

Leave me alone.
      03-20-2018, 12:41 PM   #1254
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's enough punishment I can't masturbate.

Leave me alone.
Now we will learn, the hard way, why it is so very important to become ambidextrous
Appreciate 0