09-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #67
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Damn I want a RR now...such a badass car.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #68
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
You misunderstood me. I never said I would get out.

I would floor it to get away, run over as many as I could, and shoot whoever was still blocking me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboxing View Post
Um...what? Are you agreeing or disagreeing with us lol
i quoted the wrong person lmao FAILED.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #69
Prissy
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [5.50]
2020 M340I  [0.00]
2017 X3  [0.00]
2008 BMW E92  [9.00]
2010 BMW E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Curious to see everyone's opinions. As I said in another thread addressing this topic. No matter what the circumstance is, unless you are in blatant danger then there is no excuse for the RR actions. It is clear disregard for other human's lives.
dude are you serious? you and your wife and daughter surrounded by a group of mobs, what would you do? It's common sense.

Quote:
Seems like we have a serious internet bad a$$ right here. It was a charity run for christ sake. I was on the BQE on sunday and there were several other huge groups of motorcycle riders cruising around. It was a beautiful sunday so naturally if I see a group of motorcycle riders getting close to me i'll run them over . The only threats we can see are driving close to someones vehicle. Let me just say that if you are going to run everyone over who comes close to your vehicle in NYC then GTFO. Being close to other vehicles ISSSS city driving!!!!
So you would get out and fight them all and risk his wife and daughter's safty.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #70
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

I would have done the exact same thing, except kept swerving and not allowing them to get 12 inches from my window. Wife and kids in the car = do w/e it takes to keep them safe. Those bikers were clearly instigating and most definitely retarded, they deserved everything that happened if not more..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #71
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

I take that highway everyday to work and it is never empty!! it is full of cars always, and when it is a bit open, average speed is around 70mph, for them to press that RR to a stop in the middle of the highway is obvious what kind of assholes these dudes are.

He could have went straight driving on the highway to call the highway patrol, or kept going until he hit the toll for the bridge to stop at the police.

Either way his biggest mistake was not going in reverse and running them over!!
      09-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #72
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
when someone who lives outside of NYC mentions "New York", we pretty much mean NYC...

there is really nothing outside of NYC that anyone living outside of New York cares about anyways....

so, that's just New York being New York...
I live in a part of NY state where guns are legal (Upstate). I don't carry. I should, though...or just move to a state where people's aren't so anal about guns.

But I found this: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...msComplete.pdf

So...

EDIT: any one of y'all Texans/gun users willing to answer if a handgun would be enough to take out the entire gang or just a few? I'm assuming only a few, right?

And how would you shoot? Roll down the window, blast a few point-blank into their faces? What if you miss and hit someone else? Not against firearms at all, just interested.

About the RR...why didn't he just run them over? He had grounds for self-defense at that point. You mob someone's 5000 lb car with intent to assault? Fucking get your ass out of there. The safety of idiots<safety of your wife and child.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #73
Dine
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 silver Grey Z4mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
I live in a part of NY state where guns are legal (Upstate). I don't carry. I should, though...or just move to a state where people's aren't so anal about guns.

But I found this: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...msComplete.pdf

So...

EDIT: any one of y'all Texans/gun users willing to answer if a handgun would be enough to take out the entire gang or just a few? I'm assuming only a few, right?

And how would you shoot? Roll down the window, blast a few point-blank into their faces? What if you miss and hit someone else? Not against firearms at all, just interested.

About the RR...why didn't he just run them over? He had grounds for self-defense at that point. You mob someone's 5000 lb car with intent to assault? Fucking get your ass out of there. The safety of idiots<safety of your wife and child.
i would have shot the one that opened my door and attempted to get in as well as the one that bashed in my window along with any that were invovled in my beating. as for the others i think you might be surprised at how quickly that group mentality would change when the first guy to the doors head exploded... not trying to be graphic or an "internet badass" here but the sound from a 45 alone would stop most of them in their tracks...at least buy me enough time to get away and probably enough to discourage anyone from following me further.

the point im making is this guy got his ass beat, he was ganged up on, his property damaged and his FAMILY threatened. that last one alone calls for whatever action one deems fit. the only "bystanders" were part of the mob...screw em, they should have kept on riding if they had no intention of causing harm.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #74
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

1. Mount this on the top of Range Rover:

2. Wear goggles.
3. Profit!

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #75
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

The RR drivers mistake was stopping!! He should have never gotten off the highway. It's unfortunate what happened
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #76
Luong
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
These types of bikers are immature pussy douchebags. Harley riders would never do this as they're true badasses.
You already look like an idiot starting your arguement with this statement.
      09-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #77
blackboxing
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 Audi RS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
I take that highway everyday to work and it is never empty!! it is full of cars always, and when it is a bit open, average speed is around 70mph, for them to press that RR to a stop in the middle of the highway is obvious what kind of assholes these dudes are.

He could have went straight driving on the highway to call the highway patrol, or kept going until he hit the toll for the bridge to stop at the police.

Either way his biggest mistake was not going in reverse and running them over!!
Apparently, one or more of his tires were slashed by the bikers. So :/
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #78
Luong
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M

09-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #79
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
i would have shot the one that opened my door and attempted to get in as well as the one that bashed in my window along with any that were invovled in my beating. as for the others i think you might be surprised at how quickly that group mentality would change when the first guy to the doors head exploded... not trying to be graphic or an "internet badass" here but the sound from a 45 alone would stop most of them in their tracks...at least buy me enough time to get away and probably enough to discourage anyone from following me further.

the point im making is this guy got his ass beat, he was ganged up on, his property damaged and his FAMILY threatened. that last one alone calls for whatever action one deems fit. the only "bystanders" were part of the mob...screw em, they should have kept on riding if they had no intention of causing harm.
Oh, so to change the thinking of the group.

I don't see a simple handgun having high accuracy/taking out 50 people. Shooting the head of the guy makes sense. I was wondering how you'd lean out the window/shoot, since common sense would dictate that I bust my ass out of there even if it meant running people over. But wouldn't killing somebody enrage the group further?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #80
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

I don't get where law enforcement is during all this? I get that I probably live in a very sheltered area now but I've lived in a number of places and have owned several bikes and but have never lived anywhere that riding like that by that many bikes wouldn't attract half the force.

It's gotta be a NY thing both for enforcement and tolerance. Around here, that many bikes on the road would have caused dozens of 911 calls in the first 30 seconds.

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #81
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstyle View Post
What...are you serious?

I would shit bricks if swarm of rice bikers STOP me on a highway and run toward me.
You wouldn't roll the window down to say "hello" if they lay their bike down and come toward you with F words spitting out.

You obviously run them over rather than get into the situation with your wife and baby in your car.

And...what kind of charity event riders block the highway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
dude are you serious? you and your wife and daughter surrounded by a group of mobs, what would you do? It's common sense.

So you would get out and fight them all and risk his wife and daughter's safty.
You guys are completely missing my point. There is no traffic around this guys car, only motorcycles. HOW DID HE GET HIMSELF IN THIS POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE. I am def not justifying what the motorcyclists did and yes, knowing more about the situation, i would probably do the same thing as the RR driver. However, I would not have been an idiot in the first place and found myself in the middle of a pack of bikers especially with my family in the car. The only way I would be in that situation is if I'm stuck in traffic, which if you refer back to my second sentence, there clearly isn't any. The only plausible reason I can come up with is that this guy got sick of driving slow and pushed his way through the crowd which brings up my original point. A complete disregard for human life. Nobody in there right mind that understands the consequences of a motorcycle accident would put themselves in that situation.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #82
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
I don't get where law enforcement is during all this? I get that I probably live in a very sheltered area now but I've lived in a number of places and have owned several bikes and but have never lived anywhere that riding like that by that many bikes wouldn't attract half the force.

It's gotta be a NY thing both for enforcement and tolerance. Around here, that many bikes on the road would have caused dozens of 911 calls in the first 30 seconds.
I dunno, my place is tolerant enough where people jaywalk and cars yield to them.

But school buses often honk at me...am I doing something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #83
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley

They're too busy fining anyone carrying a Big Gulp soda.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #84
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
They're too busy fining anyone carrying a Big Gulp soda.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #85
Devious21
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
You guys are completely missing my point. There is no traffic around this guys car, only motorcycles. HOW DID HE GET HIMSELF IN THIS POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE. I am def not justifying what the motorcyclists did and yes, knowing more about the situation, i would probably do the same thing as the RR driver. However, I would not have been an idiot in the first place and found myself in the middle of a pack of bikers especially with my family in the car. The only way I would be in that situation is if I'm stuck in traffic, which if you refer back to my second sentence, there clearly isn't any. The only plausible reason I can come up with is that this guy got sick of driving slow and pushed his way through the crowd which brings up my original point. A complete disregard for human life. Nobody in there right mind that understands the consequences of a motorcycle accident would put themselves in that situation.
He's in an SUV and they're all on bikes. How does the SUV have any say whether or not he's surrounded by motorcycles? You can't outrun them and if you slow down they can surround you.

Is you're point is that he must have done something to anger the big mob and you wouldn't have done that something in his position? As we have no idea what that something is, I don't know how you can make that assumption.

I have pissed off my share of raging assholes doing essentially nothing. Some people are just out to pick fights. Who knows what set these pieces of shit off. It's largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

|Evolve Airbox - Euro Headers - Strömung Exhaust - H&R Coils - 19" BBS CH-R|
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #86
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

I cc and if that shit happened to me the first thing I would do is LOCK the doors... Wtf his door was opened by one of the bikers at one time. I would do everything in my power to protect my wife and child by running away and if that meant running over those goons then so be it... Never take a knife to a gun fight (biker vs car) and those dumb ass bikers deserved getting run over. At anytime they approached my car then the trigger is getting pulled. I have no mercy for idiots like the ones in that video.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #87
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Ok, listen people, i'm not trying to defend the bikers, up until now I was not very educated on the incident and only going off of what I see in the video. You can say that the biker brake checked the RR or you can say that the RR got so close to the bikers that he cause an unsafe incident. I mean, how the hell did he, BY HIMSELF end up in that situation in the first case. Don't you think that you would just slow down to let all the motorcycles pass? I find it hard pressed to believe that they randomly surrounded the RR for no reason at all. My initial reaction is that he somehow pushed his way to the front by being over aggressive in the first place. I think tons of accusations are being made on either side of this case however I just want you all to know that my SINGLE concern is the value that people place on human life. I'm sure that many of you along with myself have witnessed idiot drivers pulling stunts that could result in a biker being run over so before you claim that you would do the same, be sure to understand all circumstances of the situation.

Right... Even if the rr was at fault to start it, wtf sense does it make for bunch of thugs on bikes effing with a 5000 pound SUV? That is called uneducated dumb shit mob idiots that all deserved to get run over, backed up and run over again for putting a mans kid and wife in danger!! F them all hope they catch them and lock them up. Do that shit where I live, they will be picking up dead bodies of the bikers along the highway.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #88
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
He's in an SUV and they're all on bikes. How does the SUV have any say whether or not he's surrounded by motorcycles? You can't outrun them and if you slow down they can surround you.

Is you're point is that he must have done something to anger the big mob and you wouldn't have done that something in his position? As we have no idea what that something is, I don't know how you can make that assumption.

I have pissed off my share of raging assholes doing essentially nothing. Some people are just out to pick fights. Who knows what set these pieces of shit off. It's largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
If you have family in the car I think we can all agree to avoid the situation AT ALL COST. You have to be an idiot if you don't realize whats happening. Slow down and get off the highway, on the west side highway there is an exit every quarter of a mile. Also, in NYC, there is always an alternate route. The problem is that everyone is in a rush and despite what you all may think my bet is that this guy was in a rush and didn't want to wait with the rest of the cars.

Like I said in my previous post, the actions of the motorcyclists was completely out of line. I'm simply trying to understand all points to this incident.
Appreciate 0