BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7894
Rep
10,130
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
European politics

We've seen plenty on the American side. What about the European side?

I saw this article this morning, and I'm thinking the Italians are not only screwing themselves, it's going to end up screwing the whole continent.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05...t-program.html
__________________
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, well. That's the Russians for us...

We are screwed right now. End of thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7894
Rep
10,130
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
^ Don't treat my thread like that! Go to bed.
__________________
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
7504
Rep
6,608
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
What about those smart fuckers that robbed the Spanish Mint!?!

I wish I woulda thought of that ...

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #5
LucasAry
Banned
11
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: BMW 3 Series (E90
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Perhaps Rome will rise again!
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2018, 10:16 PM   #6
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
7504
Rep
6,608
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
And another thing ....

I'm no Albionic scholar, but I'm pretty sure a royal wedding is supposed to include Pippa's ass. WTF Harry??

Jessica Mulroney just isn't the same:

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.

Last edited by GrussGott; 05-19-2018 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 4
MKSixer15026.00
GuidoK1288.00
Poiseuille3090.00

      05-20-2018, 12:59 AM   #7
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1377
Rep
1,492
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
We've seen plenty on the American side. What about the European side?

I saw this article this morning, and I'm thinking the Italians are not only screwing themselves, it's going to end up screwing the whole continent.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05...t-program.html


Let us have a dagger between our teeth, a bomb in our hands, and an infinite
scorn in our hearts.

Benito Mussolini


Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

George Santayana


Appreciate 1
      05-20-2018, 04:52 AM   #8
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1147
Rep
2,550
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Middle and eastern europe know remember the past. I hope they hold out till the balance tips back to normal.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 08:30 AM   #9
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Europe has been in the grip of a cancer of liberalism. What you are seeing in Italy merely mirrors what we have seen in the UK, Austria, Poland and Hungary to mention a few.
It's nothing less than a wholesale rejection of the status quo, were the needs of the peoples of the individual nations are bypassed, to pander to the minorities.

It's my opinion that unless the EU fundamentally changes, and fast, we are seeing the downfall of this failed experiment.
70 years of relative peace- when else has that happened in Europe?

That alone is worth the downsides of the EU, and there ain't many of those. We Europeans go and fuck up everything regularly if we ain't tied together, and that's bot a liberal fact, that's just a fact.

I love making fun of the Americans for Vietnam and Korea, hell I keep saying dropping a-bombs was a war crime. The truth is they got nothing on us when it comes to war mongering and that's what our kids will have to look forward to if we keep fucking up the only thing that has kept us from each others throats.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 08:38 AM   #10
Chappers 71
Brigadier General
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1240
Rep
3,322
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
70 years of relative peace- when else has that happened in Europe?

That alone is worth the downsides of the EU, and there ain't many of those. We Europeans go and fuck up everything regularly if we ain't tied together, and that's bot a liberal fact, that's just a fact.

I love making fun of the Americans for Vietnam and Korea, hell I keep saying dropping a-bombs was a war crime. The truth is they got nothing on us when it comes to war mongering and that's what our kids will have to look forward to if we keep fucking up the only thing that has kept us from each others throats.
It's just as well that I have the English Channel to keep me safe from the hordes of Continental Europeans.
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 3
      05-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18557
Rep
11,246
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasAry View Post
Perhaps Rome will rise again!
Yeah , things are going up in Rome .
Attached Images
 
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
GrussGott7503.50
Poiseuille3090.00
City Pig6092.50

      05-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #12
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappers 71 View Post
It's just as well that I have the English Channel to keep me safe from the hordes of Continental Europeans.
Yeah. That'll keep you safe as it has before. I'm trying to think if there has ever been a war the UK has participated in in the continental Europe but I can't.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #13
NormanConquest
Colonel
1456
Rep
2,202
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

The islamic invasion in Italy is so bad that conservative are willing to team up with socialist .. Europe is truly f
Appreciate 3
LobB5107.00
Poiseuille3090.00
Robin_NL4886.00

      05-20-2018, 08:51 AM   #14
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18557
Rep
11,246
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
The islamic invasion in Italy is so bad that conservative are willing to team up with socialist .. Europe is truly f
Belgium is actually *BELGISTAN*
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
LobB5107.00
Poiseuille3090.00
Robin_NL4886.00
City Pig6092.50

      05-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #15
NormanConquest
Colonel
1456
Rep
2,202
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
70 years of relative peace- when else has that happened in Europe?

That alone is worth the downsides of the EU, and there ain't many of those. We Europeans go and fuck up everything regularly if we ain't tied together, and that's bot a liberal fact, that's just a fact.

I love making fun of the Americans for Vietnam and Korea, hell I keep saying dropping a-bombs was a war crime. The truth is they got nothing on us when it comes to war mongering and that's what our kids will have to look forward to if we keep fucking up the only thing that has kept us from each others throats.
I disagree Europe has given the world more positives then negatives and it the mentality of European such as yourself being negative about your heritage that resulting in it many great cultures and civilization to now just lay down and die unnessarily which will only result in a much worse future for your children and the world
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #16
Chappers 71
Brigadier General
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1240
Rep
3,322
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Yeah. That'll keep you safe as it has before. I'm trying to think if there has ever been a war the UK has participated in in the continental Europe but I can't.
Well yes, indeed most of Continental Europe has tried to get a piece of our green and pleasant land, without success since those bloody Normans caught us on the hop in 1066 and hit Harold in the eye with an arrow.
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2018, 08:56 AM   #17
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1570
Rep
2,396
Posts

Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Isn’t Italy going to a flat tax? I’m actually interested to see how they do because I like the idea of the flat tax with the exception of those in poverty. I also think we shouldn’t tax government workers, just reduce their pay accordingly. It seems silly to dole out money only to give it back. Maybe I am over simplifying things.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #18
Chappers 71
Brigadier General
Chappers 71's Avatar
United Kingdom
1240
Rep
3,322
Posts

Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kent

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Had America not crippled the Soviet Unions economy & brought about the collapse of the Soviet Union in that ridiculous arms race Western Europe wouldn't have had hordes of ex Easten Bloc citizens overwhelming it's borders
__________________
E92 335i SE
E36 328i sport coupe
E39 540i 6SP manual
E34 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc '67 resto-cal beetle

Last edited by Chappers 71; 01-19-2019 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #19
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I disagree Europe has given the world more positives then negatives and it the mentality of European such as yourself being negative about your heritage that resulting in it many great cultures and civilization to now just lay down and die unnessarily which will only result in a much worse future for your children and the world
Dude, I'm not being negative. It's a fact that our dumb arse way has been war, and now we've finally tried an other way and this seems to keep us all mostly alive.

There are wonderful things in our history, but also a lot of stupid wars. If the USA hadn't made us all get our shit together after ww2, I'd argue we left on our own would've done the same thing the third time.

You can't learn from history if you don't accept the major fuck ups too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow3739.00

      05-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #20
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
I don't agree with many of your points, but from a UK perspective in ten months time we'll no longer be a member of the EU. Although obviously still part of Europe
Yeah, it'll be an interesting experiment. Irland will benefit from this move greatly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #21
NormanConquest
Colonel
1456
Rep
2,202
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Dude, I'm not being negative. It's a fact that our dumb arse way has been war, and now we've finally tried an other way and this seems to keep us all mostly alive.

There are wonderful things in our history, but also a lot of stupid wars. If the USA hadn't made us all get our shit together after ww2, I'd argue we left on our own would've done the same thing the third time.

You can't learn from history if you don't accept the major fuck ups too.
Sorry to break the news to you but the way of the entire planet and every nation on it is war. Unless you saying azetch, mongols, Persian, Mali, Egyptian and so are all European nations
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #22
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10892
Rep
15,285
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Sorry to break the news to you but the way of the entire planet and every nation on it is war. Unless you saying azetch, mongols, Persian, Mali, Egyptian and so are all European nations
Wars brought about innovations. I think we've finally hit the stage where offing each other is not the only reason to innovate. I don't know if you saw, but a bat shit crazy dude just sent his car to the sun. It was mostly a publicity stunt done by a private company. Nobody was killed in the process and science took a fucking epic leaps in the process.

So yeah, I'd argue we as a race are at the point where innovations can come without bloodshed. Trade is the great equalizer, supported by education.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST