BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-15-2019, 09:47 AM   #45
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Why should we care? You want us to be the world's policeman? It really is none of our business. You can't have it both ways.
What do you mean by having it both ways?

If two random people are fighting in front of me to the point where their lives are in danger, I am going to care. I might not be able to step in physically and do something about it, but I would still try to find a way to help. For me personally, walking away and not worrying about it, would not be an option.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #46
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Quote:
Why should we care? You want us to be the world's policeman? It really is none of our business. You can't have it both ways.
What do you mean by having it both ways?

If two random people are fighting in front of me to the point where their lives are in danger, I am going to care. I might not be able to step in physically and do something about it, but I would still try to find a way to help. For me personally, walking away and not worrying about it, would not be an option.
Well then YOU, personally, can interfere but don't expect other people to risk their lives over something YOU care about.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #47
dsad1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Well then YOU, personally, can interfere but don't expect other people to risk their lives over something YOU care about.
I agree with that, I am not saying everyone should feel the same. I am the first to admit that if we ever got invaded, I would probably be one of the first to die.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #48
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
You diehard Trump fans really need to relax sometimes, just take some deep breaths. I am yet to say anything bad about Trump in this situation, and yet you keep bringing him back up to defend him.

You care so much about Trump that you are completely disregarding what is actually going on. As I said before, I am completely fine with Trump exiting our troops in this situation, we shouldn't be fighting Turkey. But that doesn't mean Turkey isn't doing anything wrong, and that we should just be fine with their actions. Trump just put new sanctions on Turkey because of this, he realizes that their actions are wrong.
It called making an incident local
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:33 PM   #49
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Exactly and now the Kurds have new allies with syria, russia, iran...Trump is a genius. We are truly no longer needed. Anyone that doesn't get this is a moron. I am so glad I was born with a brain.

Maybe we can all on this board and buy him an AR and a plane ticket to the cause he feels my grandsons should die for...fck that!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #50
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
buy him an AR and a plane ticket
But AR is NOT a weapon of war
Appreciate 1
vreihen16682.50

10-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #51
Eriphill
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Exactly and now the Kurds have new allies with syria, russia, iran...Trump is a genius. We are truly no longer needed. Anyone that doesn't get this is a moron. I am so glad I was born with a brain.

Maybe we can all on this board and buy him an AR and a plane ticket to the cause he feels my grandsons should die for...fck that!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 05:17 PM   #52
NYG
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Why does America think they can police the world?

Why doesn't America help!?

Pick a stance and stick to it for God's sake... I guess that wouldn't fit narratives though.
Appreciate 3
UncleWede7901.00
NickyC5326.50

10-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #53
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Was Monroe an R or D???
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #54
vreihen16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Was Monroe an R or D???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democr...publican_Party

Yes.....
      10-15-2019, 09:14 PM   #55
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB RR

Watching the debate and I have no idea how Biden can even comment on this situation when he is part of the reason there is this situation to begin with. 2011 wasn't that long ago yet people seem to have forgotten how our intervention or lack thereof began. Sh!t go back to 2005 even Matt Damon was in movies about Syria.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #56
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

My ass it was an accident

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/3984400002/

War is big business and one of the parties the profit from it is the media.
Appreciate 3
iconoclast3413.00
DonaldPump6024.00
vreihen16682.50

10-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #57
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Guess what I think all those countries can take care of themself and a lot better then we did for last so many years. We only made more war and fighting. I bet if we ever left 100% they would all find some peace after a few years. That's just natural order of things. Our presence there is only military what good is that. I think we learned this is pointless and everyone loses them and us. I think we lost so many ppl and so much money that didn't get us anyhing at all except now our country is filled with crazy ppl and warmongers. Who needs more crazy ppl. Get us 100% out!
Appreciate 1
NickyC5326.50

10-16-2019, 08:30 AM   #58
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Guess what I think all those countries can take care of themself and a lot better then we did for last so many years. We only made more war and fighting. I bet if we ever left 100% they would all find some peace after a few years. That's just natural order of things. Our presence there is only military what good is that. I think we learned this is pointless and everyone loses them and us. I think we lost so many ppl and so much money that didn't get us anyhing at all except now our country is filled with crazy ppl and warmongers. Who needs more crazy ppl. Get us 100% out!
I disagree with more war and fighting due to the usa, it the god damn middle east they been fighting as long as man has recorded history and will continue to fight long after we no longer are part of this mortal coil
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 09:40 AM   #59
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
I disagree with more war and fighting due to the usa, it the god damn middle east they been fighting as long as man has recorded history and will continue to fight long after we no longer are part of this mortal coil
Europe also been fighting for all of mans history (your name is Norman conquest lol). Asians also fighting since dawn of mans history.

But there has been peace now for a little but of time in those places! Because we aren't trying to prop up civil wars in those places for the last few years

If we leave Middle East and stay out of it I bet you they come to peace soon too. That's human nature
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #60
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
I'll go further and point out that man has been fighting for all of our existence. Like it or not, it is part of us. This isn't exclusive to any one region of the planet. It's universal.

10-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #61
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
I'll go further and point out that man has been fighting for all of our existence. Like it or not, it is part of us. This isn't exclusive to any one region of the planet. It's universal.
It's not like we're occupying Syria. We had, what, 100 special ops guys in the area Turkey wanted to go? Seemingly more as peace keepers than players. But their presence protected the Kurds.

Where did those guys (and the others sprinkled throughout the Kurdish region) go? Not home. I heard Iraq. And we are also sending 1800 troops to KSA( ).

10-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #62
Eriphill
Captain
Rep

A little background on the poor defenseless Syrian Kurds that you will see the media reference. The Syrian Kurds (YPG) are members of or closely aligned with the PKK Kurdistan Workers’ party. The PKK was designated by the state department as a terrorist organization.

https://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/prs.../jan/99128.htm

General Raymond Thomas, commander of the U. S. Special Operations Command, explains how they assisted in re-branding/whitewashing YPG away from the terror group PKK. The Kurds in this region were never anything more than an ally of convenience. And despite their questionable past Trump still pulled off a perfect hand off of the YPG from the US to their new allies the Syrian government.

Appreciate 1
F32Fleet1412.00

10-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #63
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback

The Kurds are "no angels"...

Anyway, it was Trump who single-handedly defeated the Caliphate. Apparently Nancy Pelosi wasn't buying the mixture of B movie and Turkish talking points and has granted Big Orange some quiet time at the White House.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #64
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://apnews.com/9624410de15c4f35b9b68731c7898ba3

5:30 p.m.

President Donald Trump described former Defense Secretary James Mattis as "the world's most overrated general" during a meeting with Congressional leaders Wednesday to discuss Turkey's incursion into Syria.
      10-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #65
hellrotm
Major General
Rep
Drives: F80

Congress voted to oppose withdrawl of troops from Syria.

In other words Congress passed a meaningless resolution to oppose something that they never voted on. They never voted to authorize sending troops to Syria.

If they really want troops in Syria, then do what Congress does...declare war.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #66
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Congress voted to oppose withdrawl of troops from Syria.

In other words Congress passed a meaningless resolution to oppose something that they never voted on. They never voted to authorize sending troops to Syria.

If they really want troops in Syria, then do what Congress does...declare war.
If the Democrats showed half as much concern for our southern border, homelessness in America as they do for Syria.... I don’t think anyone would think they're not the patriotic party.

Last edited by anglo; 10-16-2019 at 07:46 PM..
Appreciate 0