Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: What is your Ethnicity (Race)?
American Eskimo 1 0.23%
Asian or Pacific Islander 160 37.21%
Black 18 4.19%
Creole, Mullato or Mestizo 2 0.47%
Hispanic or Latino 28 6.51%
Middle Eastern 26 6.05%
White 163 37.91%
Mixed or other (may specify) 32 7.44%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

02-08-2006, 08:25 PM   #45
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
What's "Happa"? LoL, I've heard that term used before but don't have a clue as to what it is.

After looking at everyones makeup I think it a safe assumption to make that we're all indeed mixed w/ something w/ one end result = Human beings.

i think happa just means you're half.

mainly white and asian. i THINK.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #46
RBBMWE46M3
blaupunkt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spman montego

Garage List
2008 x5  [0.00]
1972 R75/5  [0.00]
2008 335xi  [0.00]
1/4 Austrian
1/4 Hollander
1/4 Polish
1/4 Croatian

I guess you could say I'm pretty white...
All four of my grandparents came over on the boat
None are still alive
      02-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #47
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I'm Mexican...full blooded.

Ok, since there is some confusion, please allow me to attempt some clarification.

I am also Latino...a modern (politically correct) term adopted by those individuals from any of the countries from Mexico, central america, all the way down to south america. It is a term used to signify pride in the cultural heritage that has been changed and mixed from the early natives until now. The actual physical look of these people is very mixed, and is really dependent on how much Indian/Native vs European (usually from Spain, but there are many other countries included) is their family tree. Nevertheless...it is a term of personal identification that celebrates a connection to the peoples of the AMERICAS. (including various islands)

Hispanic...is an older term used. Many who have adopted the term "Latino" for self-identification, consider this term to be offensive. It's more of an institutionalized term given to those of Spanish and Spanish Conquest decent. People equate Spain/Spaniard/Spanish to be European, not "American" (no, not american as in USA, but American as in people from the AMERICAS => North, Central, and South America) Come on...keep up! LOL! To some individuals...using Hispanic is similar to using the term "Oriental" or "Colored people".....yeah, no too kewel. Since the adoption of all the PC terms over the last several years...many no longer wanted to be identified as Hispanic or the alternative "Hispanic American". So...the term Latinoamericano..or Latin American was coined. And is now commonly used as "Latino" or "Latina". This was not only for cultural/ethnic pride, but also utilized for various political reasons. And please...try not to think about how Latin, the language, plays into all of this or your brain will explode!

People from spain are considered European (AKA:white by many classification schemes) because their heritage did not originate from the Natives/Indians form the Americas. People often confuse the fact that Spaniards as well and Latinos both speak "spanish". They assume that because the language is the same...they must be the same ethnicity. NOT! Then again, there are those that completely forget this connection...and ask if I speak MEXICAN. ahhhhhhhhh...no. We speak spanish because the language and the DNA was brought over to the natives by the euros. But we have different family trees=>> heritage=>>> culture =>>ethnicity.

Hope this clarifies things for some of you. And...if you are still using the term Oriental (and believe me, I still hear this term thrown around) and therefore do not undertand my examples above....forget it. Please ignore my post completely.

....move along... move along.
      02-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #48
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
like i know you do. and even when your hope is gone, move along, move along just to make it through. moovee along.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #49
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
like i know you do. and even when your hope is gone, move along, move along just to make it through. moovee along.
an A.R. fan are we?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #50
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

of course! i lovee all american rejects holla!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #51
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
of course! i lovee all american rejects holla!
I can't stop listening to Death Cab right now. Never really knew they exsisted until I heard "Soul Meets Body" < Great CD overall, my fav. songs are "Sarah said" and "Crooked Teeth" and "marching bands of manhattan "
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #52
maq
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MTA Monthly Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
I'm Mexican...full blooded.

Ok, since there is some confusion, please allow me to attempt some clarification.

I am also Latino...a modern (politically correct) term adopted by those individuals from any of the countries from Mexico, central america, all the way down to south america. It is a term used to signify pride in the cultural heritage that has been changed and mixed from the early natives until now. The actual physical look of these people is very mixed, and is really dependent on how much Indian/Native vs European (usually from Spain, but there are many other countries included) is their family tree. Nevertheless...it is a term of personal identification that celebrates a connection to the peoples of the AMERICAS. (including various islands)

Hispanic...is an older term used. Many who have adopted the term "Latino" for self-identification, consider this term to be offensive. It's more of an institutionalized term given to those of Spanish and Spanish Conquest decent. People equate Spain/Spaniard/Spanish to be European, not "American" (no, not american as in USA, but American as in people from the AMERICAS => North, Central, and South America) Come on...keep up! LOL! To some individuals...using Hispanic is similar to using the term "Oriental" or "Colored people".....yeah, no too kewel. Since the adoption of all the PC terms over the last several years...many no longer wanted to be identified as Hispanic or the alternative "Hispanic American". So...the term Latinoamericano..or Latin American was coined. And is now commonly used as "Latino" or "Latina". This was not only for cultural/ethnic pride, but also utilized for various political reasons. And please...try not to think about how Latin, the language, plays into all of this or your brain will explode!

People from spain are considered European (AKA:white by many classification schemes) because their heritage did not originate from the Natives/Indians form the Americas. People often confuse the fact that Spaniards as well and Latinos both speak "spanish". They assume that because the language is the same...they must be the same ethnicity. NOT! Then again, there are those that completely forget this connection...and ask if I speak MEXICAN. ahhhhhhhhh...no. We speak spanish because the language and the DNA was brought over to the natives by the euros. But we have different family trees=>> heritage=>>> culture =>>ethnicity.

Hope this clarifies things for some of you. And...if you are still using the term Oriental (and believe me, I still hear this term thrown around) and therefore do not undertand my examples above....forget it. Please ignore my post completely.

Thanks for the long post. I have a much better idea now.

Now someone answer this: are Isrealis White or Middle Eastern?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #53
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maq
Thanks for the long post. I have a much better idea now.

Now someone answer this: are Isrealis White or Middle Eastern?
Middle Eastern. Where are they from? The Middle East.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 11:46 PM   #54
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
I can't stop listening to Death Cab right now. Never really knew they exsisted until I heard "Soul Meets Body" < Great CD overall, my fav. songs are "Sarah said" and "Crooked Teeth" and "marching bands of manhattan "
omg no wayy! dude i just bought their CD yesterday. i dont know the song names.. but i liek #2 (soul meets body) an d #3.

the other stuff i havent listened to yet ;]
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #55
NaTuReB0Y