Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-05-2020, 11:24 PM   #23
MR_X
Old guy
Rep
Drives: tricycle

I’m from the island but haven’t been there since 2003. The areas mentioned before are good and I lived most of them. My favorite is Condado but it can get busy. Condado and Ocean Park are next to each other and Miramar is near by. Miramar has it bad areas though. Isla Verde can have its good parts if you live near the hotels at the beach.

I would buy a car there. You can import your car there but then you will have to pay import taxes on them and it isn’t cheap. Domestic vehicles have less taxes. Roads are horrible, drivers are terrible. Three thing Puertorriqueños like...baseball, politics and cars. Cars are big in PR. If you are in Carolina or Salinas, everything has a rotary in it.

Not sure if this still in place but find out...here is a hack. Last time I lived there was because I was stationed there. So I had Florida drivers license. So if you have a PR driver’s license, when you get pulled over the ticket goes against your DL. The police used to take away your DL till you pay your fine. Well since I didn’t have a PR DL they couldn’t take my DL. So one time I got a speeding ticket and when I went to pay it, they had no record of it. So I got told that they couldn’t do it because I had no driving record in PR. They lady straight up told me I could get as many tickets as I wanted and there isn’t a thing they could do if I didn’t pay. Now this was back in 2002 ish so don’t know if things have changed.
Appreciate 0