BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #23
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

If you come from Europe like I do, you don’t wear your goddamn dirty outside shoes throughout your house.

I think wearing your outside shoes is only an American thing. Never seen that anywhere else, and it still boggles my mind when i see it.

Take that dirty shit off and go bare foot or put slippers on.

Last edited by Wolf 335; 05-18-2020 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 6
premier3is1627.00
vreihen1614885.00
rebekahb3128.50
King Rudi13152.00
      05-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #24
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
If you're Asian, all shoes stay by the front door lol.
Same goes for the Finnish. I've even seen bins or baskets of socks near the door as loaners for guests.

I always have seasonally appropriate socks or shoe liners on at home and the cabin. At home, the floors are really dark laminate. Since my feet sweat a lot, the traffic areas start to look all hazy and gross in just a couple days if I walk around barefoot. Eeewwww...
      05-17-2020, 02:32 PM   #25
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
Socks, slippers...but never shoes in the house.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 1
No one1029.50
      05-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #26
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
If you come from Europe like I do, you don't wear your goddamn dirty outside shoes throughout your house.

I think wearing your outside shoes is only an American thing. Never seen that anywhere else, and it still boggles my mind when it see it.

My exact thoughts. Y'all gotta be some dirty ass motherfuckers wearing shoes in the house that you wear outside. Gross.
Appreciate 2
No one1029.50
Ngilbe361618.50
      05-17-2020, 03:26 PM   #27
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Do you guys tell guests they must remove their shoes in order to enter your house?

05-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #28
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Do you guys tell guests they must remove their shoes in order to enter your house?
They do it themselves without being told...
Appreciate 3
Wolf 3352338.50
King Rudi13152.00
      05-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #29
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I have super-duper flat feet, so I wear super soft running shoes that don't have high arches. Everyone thinks if you have flat feet you should be wearing shoes that support your arch, but that's incorrect, all you're going to do is hurt your arches that way. Running shoes with stiff arch support are for just that; running.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:08 PM   #30
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Does everyone also travel with their own silverware and drinking glasses?
      05-17-2020, 04:11 PM   #31
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Does everyone also travel with their own silverware and drinking glasses?
Strawman theory at its finest
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #32
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Quote:
If you come from Europe like I do, you don't wear your goddamn dirty outside shoes throughout your house.

I think wearing your outside shoes is only an American thing. Never seen that anywhere else, and it still boggles my mind when it see it.

My exact thoughts. Y'all gotta be some dirty ass motherfuckers wearing shoes in the house that you wear outside. Gross.
You've got to be some dirty ass mother fucker to be that concerned with the floor? What are you doing down there that it needs to be sanitary? You eating on the floor? Try cleaning your fucking floors and getting a kitchen table you little sandal wearing fairy.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:35 PM   #33
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

You've got to be some dirty ass mother fucker to be that concerned with the floor? What are you doing down there that it needs to be sanitary? You eating on the floor? Try cleaning your fucking floors and getting a kitchen table you little sandal wearing fairy.
U sound super triggered lol. My table and floors are clean, I just don't wear dirty ass shoes in my house that I wear everywhere outside. Disgusting, wouldn't wanna be at your house that's for sure lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #34
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

So based upon my rigorous scientific study here... it seems most of the no shoes in the house people are from Europe and CA. Most of the pro shoes in the house people are from FL.

So my bad. It's clearly not just an Asian custom. It's obviously a commie thing!!!!! I'm getting some big freedom boots for the house!!! MURICA!!!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2020, 04:41 PM   #35
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

U sound super triggered lol. My table and floors are clean, I just don't wear dirty ass shoes in my house that I wear everywhere outside. Disgusting, wouldn't wanna be at your house that's for sure lol.
I am triggered. I refuse to take my shoes off when I enter someone's house. What is this a mosque? You praying on the floor? This is shit 3rd world countries do. Unless you're working on a farm scooping shit it's pointless.

And relax I'm halfway kidding, I just don't like a pile of shoes at the entrances to be honest. Looks bad
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #36
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am triggered. I refuse to take my shoes off when I enter someone's house. What is this a mosque? You praying on the floor?

And relax I'm halfway kidding, I just don't like a pile of shoes at the entrances to be honest. Looks bad
I respect your opinion. No wrongs with that. But no reason to say removing shoes is like a horrible thing either. And no it isn't only 3rd world countries that do that. There's people here who said they remove them and not walk their homes with shoes on.

And no I don't pray or eat on the floor, but there may be people here that do. Got to be respectful of them, nothing wrong with that.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #37
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
So based upon my rigorous scientific study here... it seems most of the no shoes in the house people are from Europe and CA. Most of the pro shoes in the house people are from FL.

So my bad. It's clearly not just an Asian custom. It's obviously a commie thing!!!!! I'm getting some big freedom boots for the house!!! MURICA!!!!!!!
The only person I know that makes me take my shoes off upon entry is my Indian friend who lives in an apartment. I respect his policy, but still make fun of him.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:56 PM   #38
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

No, I just clean the floors after they leave.

I have only ever had 1 person ask. The only reason they asked was because when we were in Japan I talked about how much I love the signs asking you not to wear shoes inside & some have slippers for you. I explained we don't wear shoes in our house so the next time she came over she asked. I didn't make her take them off.

I don't leave piles of shoes laying around either.

For the scientific study, I live in Louisiana & most everyone we know wears shoes in their house lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 04:59 PM   #39
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am triggered. I refuse to take my shoes off when I enter someone's house. What is this a mosque? You praying on the floor?

I respect your opinion. No wrongs with that. But no reason to say removing shoes is like a horrible thing either. And no it isn't only 3rd world countries that do that. There's people here who said they remove them and not walk their homes with shoes on.

And no I don't pray or eat on the floor, but there may be people here that do. Got to be respectful of them, nothing wrong with that.
I digress, I do drink on the floor sometimes but only on special occasion
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 05:01 PM   #40
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Well this doesn’t very respectful:

Quote:
No one really cares whether you wear you shoes inside or not. Just giving you shit for that commentary.
      05-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #41
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:

No, I just clean the floors after they leave.

I have only ever had 1 person ask. The only reason they asked was because when we were in Japan I talked about how much I love the signs asking you not to wear shoes inside & some have slippers for you. I explained we don't wear shoes in our house so the next time she came over she asked. I didn't make her take them off.

I don't leave piles of shoes laying around either.

For the scientific study, I live in Louisiana & most everyone we know wears shoes in their house lol.
You're cool then. Keep shoes nice and neat at entrances and shouldn't be a problem.

Also a good host should let guests do whatever the hell makes them comfortable. Imo you deal with the consequences when they leave haha
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410879.00
      05-17-2020, 05:41 PM   #42
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Ever look down at the urinal and see the pee all over the floor? Yeah, that’s why I’m not walking around the house in my shoes. You step in some pretty disgusting stuff in public.

You want to come inside? You can use some slippers. Or you can hang on the deck/patio if you’re that wedded to your footwear remaining on.
Appreciate 3
premier3is1627.00
vreihen1614885.00
      05-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #43
MurrayB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340ix

Minnetonka Moose Weekender Moccasin. Really comfortable with a rubber sole.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 05:44 PM   #44
premier3is
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post

Florida.... ofcourse, should've guessed. Lol
Appreciate 0