BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #23
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Even after all these years, I still remember my first solo. I still love to fly to this day and I’m one of the few who actually enjoy going to work and getting paid to fly.
I was quite stressed out my first time lol... my instructor got out and said now it's your turn. It was smooth sailing however and felt very special. The thing that I noticed immediately was how much lighter the plane felt without him in it... as in; it rotated much quicker.
Appreciate 1
DDD311646.00
      03-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #24
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Were you military first, DDD?
No, went the civilian route. After wasting ten years in the automotive field, I finally decided to follow my passion and become a pilot. Went to a professional flight school in Florida (NOT Embry Riddle ) where I got all my ratings, then I instructed for a year then got hired into the airlines. Been flying in the airlines now for 14 years.
Appreciate 2
      03-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #25
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
No, went the civilian route. After wasting ten years in the automotive field, I finally decided to follow my passion and become a pilot. Went to a professional flight school in Florida (NOT Embry Riddle ) where I got all my ratings, then I instructed for a year then got hired into the airlines. Been flying in the airlines now for 14 years.
I almost went the military route but that was back when Nam was still active and our lecturers in OTS assured us we’d be going straight there in the back seat of an F4C and I did not believe in our being there so I declined...then I almost went the civilian route and was only about half way to a private license when I got married. I could have worked on the commercial license on the GI bill, but my bride convinced me to just be a CPA and not try to be a hotshot piiot... so that’s what I did. So I’m by far the low man on this pilot totem pole here, not really even on the pole, actually, lol... but I love to hear others’ experiences, though...
Appreciate 0