BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-17-2019, 06:19 PM   #67
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
TSM330i's Avatar
United_States
566
Rep
3,679
Posts

Drives: 2015 GTI, E86 Z4 3.0si Racecar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester Springs, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
Plenty of stock available. Either you are not an important client or doesn't know where to look.

Vintage GMTs are plentiful too but at premium prices I don't understand. Tons of those out there.
Where are the plentiful? New SS Sport models is what we're referring to, not vintage GMTs that you can buy anywhere. GMTs, Subs, Daytona's - brand new 2019 models (yes, I want to be perfectly clear because you brought up vintage GMTs).

I'm calling BS on the new SS Sport models. I'm on TRF every day and there are endless threads of people looking for SS Sport models.

I am on the preferred list and got a SS Daytona about 9 weeks after I told my AD I wanted one. This took me 10 years to build this relationship with my AD along with plenty of money being spent.

I'd like to pick up another Hulk for a friend of mine - at MSRP, so show me the way and I'll purchase it on the spot.
__________________
2015 GTI S, 6M, LP, Volk TE37SL 17x8.5, Michelin PSS 245/40, JRZ Coil-Overs, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE, SuperPro Control Arms, Remus Catback, IS38 Turbo, APR Stage 2+ Tune, APR DP/IC, CAI, Forge Turbo Blanket, Aero Force Gauge Pod, APR Boost Gauge, Kersher Front Lip, Short Shifter, Tyrolsport Deadset, Stoptech BBK, HPA Dogbone
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe - because racecar
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 03:16 AM   #68
henrylee
Private First Class
henrylee's Avatar
United_States
113
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal United States

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
Where are the plentiful? New SS Sport models is what we're referring to, not vintage GMTs that you can buy anywhere. GMTs, Subs, Daytona's - brand new 2019 models (yes, I want to be perfectly clear because you brought up vintage GMTs).

I'm calling BS on the new SS Sport models. I'm on TRF every day and there are endless threads of people looking for SS Sport models.

I am on the preferred list and got a SS Daytona about 9 weeks after I told my AD I wanted one. This took me 10 years to build this relationship with my AD along with plenty of money being spent.

I'd like to pick up another Hulk for a friend of mine - at MSRP, so show me the way and I'll purchase it on the spot.
I agree. ADs are now selling there SS sport models to clients that spend 100k a year. I only recent got called on a CHNR root beer which I wasnít interested in but let my friend purchase it by showing up together. Been waiting for a SS Daytona for >2 years now.
__________________
2018 F80 M3 6MT Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange Leather
2006 S2000 AP2 Laguna Blue Pearl 6MT
Appreciate 1
FCobra942421.50

      06-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #69
wyatth
Major
670
Rep
1,343
Posts

Drives: E90 ZCP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

The shortage is a real thing, but Rolex can F* off with this bubble. Some ADs are downright rude to potential customers just because they can be now. That's fine, plenty of other fine timepieces to choose from.
Appreciate 4
      08-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #70
The Libertine
Captain
The Libertine's Avatar
United_States
574
Rep
706
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW X5
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
The shortage is a real thing, but Rolex can F* off with this bubble. Some ADs are downright rude to potential customers just because they can be now. That's fine, plenty of other fine timepieces to choose from.
Iíve encountered both friendly and rude ADs over the past couple of months. For those rude ADs, I hope they choke on their greed when this bubble bursts.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #71
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
LuvMyE92's Avatar
United_States
246
Rep
760
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cary, NC, USA

iTrader: (0)

My local AD is very polite and apologetic that he can't get me anything that I want. I sold my BLNR earlier this year at a nice profit (I paid MSRP for it a year earlier) and now, since I can't actually obtain a new Sub and I refuse to pay over MSRP for a used watch (!!!!) I bought an Omega Seamaster. Which does everything that a sub can do (i.e. tell time) and at half the price.
__________________
F87 (mine)
E90 (hers)
G30 (ours)
Appreciate 1
FCobra942421.50

      08-29-2019, 01:30 PM   #72
New2Roundel
Captain
268
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: Some fun stuff
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Philly, PA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
My local AD is very polite and apologetic that he can't get me anything that I want. I sold my BLNR earlier this year at a nice profit (I paid MSRP for it a year earlier) and now, since I can't actually obtain a new Sub and I refuse to pay over MSRP for a used watch (!!!!) I bought an Omega Seamaster. Which does everything that a sub can do (i.e. tell time) and at half the price.
Definitely the smart move, IMO. There's nothing in the material world I'm willing to jump through extensive hoops to acquire. Life's too short and frankly, few things are rare enough to warrant such behavior. The again, I bought my explorer II in 2016 for about 10% off MSRP. I have the Rolex I want and have no interest in anything else they sell. So I'm all set. I feel bad for the people currently lusting over Rolex watches, have their money ready, and are still not able to get what they want.
Appreciate 2
FCobra942421.50
Egrunt174.00

      08-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #73
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
2600
Rep
4,342
Posts

Drives: '20 M2C
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Paid MSRP for my 116610ln sub in Dec of last year... wouldn't pay $1 over... only other Rolex I want is Panda Daytona... also wouldn't pay $1 over msrp... when it comes it comes; otherwise no thanks.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 02:31 AM   #74
ny325
Colonel
United_States
456
Rep
2,652
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yankee Stadium

iTrader: (0)

I bought my SS Submariner, and SS Datejust many years ago. The prices are now insane. I actually rarely wear them. I wear my Seiko SRP773, Sarb033, along with yes, Timex. One of my favorite is the Timex Explorer.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #75
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1962
Rep
1,515
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Paid MSRP for my 116610ln sub in Dec of last year... wouldn't pay $1 over... only other Rolex I want is Panda Daytona... also wouldn't pay $1 over msrp... when it comes it comes; otherwise no thanks.
yeah its crazy what prices were at just 8 months ago

i was selling the 116610s for 8-8500 and now i could be getting 9500-10k easy

Same with the daytonas. I almost pulled the trigger on the panda at 12k last year but thought maybe i could find a better deal. 24k+ later...
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
ASAP2599.50
FCobra942421.50

      08-31-2019, 01:56 AM   #76
ny325
Colonel
United_States
456
Rep
2,652
Posts

Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Yankee Stadium

iTrader: (0)

I was in Wempe in NYC. No SS sport watches. I was looking for a Explorer/white dial, no luck. Display case pretty much empty. If your looking for two-tone Gold/SS, you have many options.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #77
ASAP
Bavarian Motor Works
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
2600
Rep
4,342
Posts

Drives: '20 M2C
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
yeah its crazy what prices were at just 8 months ago

i was selling the 116610s for 8-8500 and now i could be getting 9500-10k easy

Same with the daytonas. I almost pulled the trigger on the panda at 12k last year but thought maybe i could find a better deal. 24k+ later...
What makes this realllly funnnyyy... is that I thought I overpaid at MSRP...

Everyone was with the false belief that possibly Basel would release a new Sub or new movement... didn't happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #78
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1962
Rep
1,515
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
What makes this realllly funnnyyy... is that I thought I overpaid at MSRP...

Everyone was with the false belief that possibly Basel would release a new Sub or new movement... didn't happen.
i think most everyone (or at least the ones with an ear to the market) were speculating the GMT would be discontinued and a new one with new movement would happen (which both did)

I dont remember many, if any, were saying the subc was going away in favor of a new model.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 03:53 AM   #79
0-60Motorsports
Colonel
0-60Motorsports's Avatar
Bahrain
473
Rep
2,612
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kingdom of Bahrain

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I heard yesterday from my AD that Rolex is trying to kill off the resellers and gray market with their ridiculous prices. Not entirely sure how holding off on inventory makes that strategy work or how long Rolex can survive with that strategy.
I really hope this happens. I would love to get a GMT MASTER II in Black (they have been discontinued this year) but wont pay a cent over MSRP for a brand new one.
__________________
Current Mods:
2004 E46 M3cs JB/CSL
2010 E70 X5M AW/BLACK
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports

Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 10-17-2019 at 04:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST