10-27-2022, 10:33 PM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Sure, but most high speed deadly accidents do not involve sports cars and exotic SUVs. As others have pointed out in this thread, you can easily get up to 80+mph pretty quickly on a city street.
Ya, but you know why that is, right? It's a rhetorical, I even highlighted the key word for you. I thought that it should've been obvious. *shrug*
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 10:39 PM   #68
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I think the car being a Lambo is absolutely relevant. For everyone saying a shitbox can do 100 mph too... when anyone thinks Lamborghini they think fast car. It encourages you to drive faster and explore its limits... especially in the hands of an immature kid. So yes, a shitbox can go 100mph as well, but I'd argue ANYONE would be more likely to drive aggressively if they were driving a Lamborghini simply because of the nature of the car.
Yup, it does play into it, the exotics have that mentality kinda built-in so it acts as a -ive influence to immature ppl who drive them, making them do dangerous things. I'm sure a Camry can get up to some dangerous speeds too, and how about Teslas, their 0-60 times kills most cars on the road...even exotics, but the *mentality/image* for those 2 vehicles don't make their drivers go nuts.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
wtwo318044.50
      10-27-2022, 10:49 PM   #69
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Sure, but most high speed deadly accidents do not involve sports cars and exotic SUVs.
.....most people don't drive sports cars/exotic SUVs.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 11:59 PM   #70
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
You forgot about the part where Lambo driver BLEW through a RED LIGHT... Traveling at over 100MPH... On a CITY STREET.

Just NOPE. Completely WRONG. Period. Jail Time mandatory. I hope dad gets significantly higher punitive and civil damages applied.
I watched it again. The "reporter" said he ran a red, but if he did, so did the car that entered the intersection in the left lane a few seconds later. The SUV waiting to turn left was also inching forward when the second car entered the intersection. Those things indicate to me the light was green.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 03:01 PM   #71
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

The 17 year old wasnt even hurt?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 02:03 AM   #72
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Flame suit on.....

Didn't she make an illegal left turn in front of him? I say that because, even though he appears to be speeding, she totally misjudged his speed and turned in front of him. Where does one draw the line for a parent being responsible for the actions of a child?

Not condoning, just a different perspective.
Many times I've had to brake for idiots pulling out on me not looking properly not thinking probably distracted by radio or phone convo. Bad that woman was killed but she made the bed she laid on, should have checked first with a quick glance if safe to continue against main road at right angles whatever the lights.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2022, 11:07 PM   #73
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
I watched it again. The "reporter" said he ran a red, but if he did, so did the car that entered the intersection in the left lane a few seconds later. The SUV waiting to turn left was also inching forward when the second car entered the intersection. Those things indicate to me the light was green.
The media will always sensationalize things for those that watch it, so they can form their prematurely built opinions and share on the internet…
Appreciate 0