you are wrong about how they get millions doing easy stuff
they don't
1. 4 games a week for example - 4 X 2.5 = 10 hrs
2. Morning Skate for games - 4 X 2.5 = 10 hrs
3. Practice - once every other day around 10 hrs
4. Dealing with the media around 3-4 hours
5. Promotion for the teams i will give them like 2 hours
6. Preparing for a game practice or any functions around 5 hours
if I didn't miss anything or under estimate anything, then it is around 41 hours
also we have to know, many jobs do not require their employee to talk to teh media all the time or talking on the radio or TV
also
do you have to leave for family all the time ?
do you have to fear the face that you might be injure for life?
and
many jobs do not have a big crowd yelling booing or a horn blasting almost everytime you made a mistake
thz puck for agreeing with me
those are my opinion
more input would be great and I hope this help you understand the game a bit better Demoorco
don't think is a easy job to be in the NHL just because they are just playing a game.

Canada's Game!! Vancouver's Canucks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #24
dmooreco
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

I would do all the above just to double my current salary, let alone for millions every year.

You're missing the point. They play a game, make way to much money, just like every athlete, and most lose touch with reality.
      11-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #25
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan

Just because other players have not gotten appropriate punishments does not mean that the 'acceptable' punishment should be the low bar.

Just because other players got off easy does not mean that all future players should get off easy.

Just because the comissioner says something doesn't mean that all fans have to bow and scrape and accept what he says.

Bertuzzi is a thug. He will always be a thug. It is my opinion he should never have been allowed to play. If I ever see him live on the ice I will boo so he and everyone around me knows how I feel.

Perhaps then, the next time a thug does the sort of thing that he did (and others have done), the comissioner will not be so lenient.

I would also like to point out that he was suspended for a period of time, not a # of games. Because the NHL was on strike, he got off SUPER easy as most of his banned time was spent during a period of time when there wasn't even an NHL to play in. To me, this makes his punishment doubly insulting.

Now, that being said, I really don't care THAT much. I don't sit awake at home at night shaking my fist and more than I do over McSorely or any of the other people you've mentioned. But nor does that mean I find the situation 'acceptable'.
      11-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #26
rs1985
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW325i MB ML500

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
he was suspended for 16 games
12 regular season and 4 playoffs
that is one of the tougher suspension when you look at my list
also
how would you feel if you did soemthing wrong and your and the court change their law to stiffer punishment at the moment you go and make you an example ?
is that fair ?
is that just?
so just because he is Todd Bertuzzi he should get punish harsher?
comon
look at the big picture
take a step back
and use some sense

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 01:05 PM   #27
akmchan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 528I

Hey I am just glad he didn't play against us....his stupidity costed his team a chance to advance to the Stanley Cup finals....I wonder sometimes if the Flames would have made it so far if we didn't beat Vancouver in round one....he is a good player but I think he will ever be remembered for that hit....he ended another players career....I personally have no respect for him...I don't think he is a bad person but seems he has a history of controlling his emotions when upset and when you are paid that much money you got to realize that kids are watching and not act the way he did....if there was no lockout would the remainder of that season been enough for suspension...I don't think so....that's my 2 cents.

oh yeah...go flames go.....
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2005, 02:07 PM   #28
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs1985
he was suspended for 16 games
12 regular season and 4 playoffs
that is one of the tougher suspension when you look at my list
also
how would you feel if you did soemthing wrong and your and the court change their law to stiffer punishment at the moment you go and make you an example ?
is that fair ?
is that just?
so just because he is Todd Bertuzzi he should get punish harsher?
comon
look at the big picture
take a step back
and use some sense
First off, don't start insulting me by saying 'use some sense', that's a surefire way to get this into a flamewar. You asked, I told. The simple line is this:

Bertuzzi intentionally tried to injure a player (in retaliation for another cheap shot is completely irrelevant). He succeeded. He BROKE HIS NECK and ended his career! How can you possibly forgive that? So, yes, to answer your questions, it would have not only been fair, but been just, to have Bertuzzi also end his career on his OWN actions. Is it fair that his victim should have his career ended but Bertuzzi gets to keep on playing and earning crazy pro-sports money?

Don't even TRY to justify it as fairness. There is no justice in this situation, there is no fairness. Bertuzzi got off easy, plain and simple.

You like the guy, want him on your team, that's cool, but don't come in here and try to convince folks the way you've convinced yourself. What if he wasn't on your beloved Canucks but, say, instead on the Rangers? Would you be so gung-ho over him still?
      11-03-2005, 02:08 PM   #29
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Gotta say I'm no fan of the guy.

The guy F-'d Up. Yes, he did it and has always been a tough guy, but I'm sure he never wanted it to end that way.

The violence is part of what the fans want, I say forgive him.

Hopefully this has changed his life just as much as the other guy.
      11-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #30
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat
The violence is part of what the fans want, I say forgive him.
Except that it isn't what the fans want. Proof of this is in the new NHL rules combined with RECORD attendance at ALL NHL venues since they've returned. People want to see hockey, they may even want to see an occational 'fight'. But, I highly doubt anyone wants to see a guy sucker punched in the head from behind then driven face first into the concrete-like ice so hard that his neck breaks and can't ever play hockey again.
      11-03-2005, 02:20 PM   #31
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatnog
Except that it isn't what the fans want. Proof of this is in the new NHL rules combined with RECORD attendance at ALL NHL venues since they've returned. People want to see hockey, they may even want to see an occational 'fight'. But, I highly doubt anyone wants to see a guy sucker punched in the head from behind then driven face first into the concrete-like ice so hard that his neck breaks and can't ever play hockey again.

word! id rather see penalty shots, shoot outs, odd man rushes, hip checks, glove saves....an occasional tie domi fight wuold be good too...
      11-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #32
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Oh, certainly... No one wants to see someone get sucker punched and have their career ended.

I'm not suggesting that Hockey is Boxing. People want to see a good game played, but part of good Hockey is a certain level of "enthusiasm". Hockey is a rough sport. People love to see a good check thrown or someone put into the boards and even fights.
Just think, when a fight breaks out, the crowd stands up and gets pretty excited, you would rarely hear the crowd "Boo" a fight.

I'm assuming he never intended to put the guy down that hard. I'm sure he was just starting another fight. I would not forgive him if he intended for it to have this outcome, but I've got to believe he would have never wanted to break his neck.

Like I said though, hopefully this has impacted his life just as much as the other guy. I'm sure others will now think twice before nailing someone like that.
      11-03-2005, 06:53 PM   #33
rs1985
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Meat
I don't think you get the point
Bertuzzi didn't get off easy
even a court room look at the past for punishment
similar cases from the past to give the proper punishment
but
many different thinking fans because they are mad at the moment
believe a guy should be ban for life
have you seen the other hits of NHL
some of them are far worst
if anyone of you want
i will post up a video of all the incidents and you guys can see the punishment for Bertuzzi is fair and square

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #34
Meatnog
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck724
word! id rather see penalty shots, shoot outs, odd man rushes, hip checks, glove saves....an occasional tie domi fight wuold be good too...
Only if Domi is going to get his ass kicked by Brashear. Over and over again. God I hate that guy

Oh, and I'm not bad about Bertuzzi playing. I'm disappointed. Mad takes more effort than the guy is worth.
      11-06-2005, 03:31 PM   #35
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
^haha.
      11-09-2005, 08:04 PM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

And it USED to be that I could have a slave and beat him/her within an inch of his/her life or farther, but thank GOD somebody stood up and changed that rule.

Yes, hockey is rough, that's why there are pads. A good hip check when two guys are rushing down the boards, and the glass rattles, COOL!!!!! But coming up behind and riding somebody into the ice is way out. I don't think ANYONE who looks at it objectively and has even an inkling of an idea of how hockey is played can think that he did not intend to brutally disable.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2005, 10:35 PM   #37
rs1985
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
nothing say that he was right
Only
if you want to chaneg teh rule
don't use one person as an example
change the rule
if it happens in the old times
use the old rules
new age
use new rules

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #38
connermd
What did I miss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

I am from Vancouver and I also think Bertuzzi is a POS
      11-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #39
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
so guess who pulled the trick....
      11-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #40
ffej
Equally disturb-ed/-ing
Rep
Drives: Various E36 "Projects"

Bertuzzi should serve the full suspension. By that I mean, there was no NHL last year for anyone - being a san jose guy, it was particularly difficult, they would have easily contended for the cup last year... - so I think his ban should have been 'suspended' for the lockout and started, in full, at the beginning of this season. IMO, he shouldn't be playing until the 06-07 season.
Grab a handful of $100.00 bills, light them on fire and flush the ashes down the toilet. When you can do this with one hand quickly without burning your hands, you have mastered the basic technique to buy a race car.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 01:32 PM   #41
Milehigh E90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

I live in Denver, and I can't forgive him. He ended someones career, his punishment should at least equal of that. You can't rationalize what he did. If the same thing happened on the streets he wouuld have been put in the slammer for several years, this would have gone directly to the "3 strikes and your out" rule. He was/is a trouble maker. Until Moore can come back Bertuzzi should be out. When they can both be on the ice we can all say there was "fair" treatment!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #42
rs1985
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
you are trying to use an eye for an eye rule
well buddy
is not lik that in the world
if you kill someone, most of the places you get like 10 years in jail in Canada
is not like that anymore
I never said what he did was right but I am just trying to say that his punishment is fair
comon
the longest punishment the NHL ever give out
enough is enough

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #43
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

I hate the guy. He should never be able to play hockey again. Tell me how Ron Artest is made out to be 100X worse than him? This makes no sense to me. Im not saying what artest did was right but he didnt almost kill someone or ruin their entire career. Too many people get away with stuff or get off to easy. This is why we have so many problems.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0