BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

06-07-2022, 01:10 PM   #1
RDSChicago
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW i8 Roadster

Driving Mode Advice

I am taking a long road trip tomorrow from Chicago to Denver in my 2019 I8 roadster. I am used to just driving around town in solely
Electric mode and was wondering the most efficient mode to keep the car in for the drive. I assume eco-pro the entire time? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 04:19 PM   #2
thesubmitter
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 BMW i8 Acura MDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
I am taking a long road trip tomorrow from Chicago to Denver in my 2019 I8 roadster. I am used to just driving around town in solely
Electric mode and was wondering the most efficient mode to keep the car in for the drive. I assume eco-pro the entire time? Thanks.
i have noted is that in sport mode (necessary to recharge the battery) unless you go to manual mode the car never shifts in 6th

I have experimented with the mileage by monitoring via the BC button
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2022, 05:43 PM   #3
BanjoPaterson
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

I used eco-pro for my only long distance drive from Canberra to Sydney and back (it was about 600 km or 370 miles). It's mainly highway with about 20kms city either end. I achieved about 570kms on a single tank of 43 litres. Admittedly, the final 10km before the petrol station were a bit fraught and I kicked myself for not filling up sooner.

I used the air-conditioning and music for my far-better half, and maybe without these I could've eked out another 10km or so.
Appreciate 0