BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-30-2018, 02:16 PM   #287
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11215
Rep
8,800
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

^ you cry like a girl
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      10-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #288
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
^ you cry like a girl
I know. The muscle relaxants aren't working so I have to go to an er.

I can't wait to explain to a doctor who doesn't know me how exactly I injured my self and how the renewal happened.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 04:07 PM   #289
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
11770
Rep
14,157
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I know. The muscle relaxants aren't working so I have to go to an er.

I can't wait to explain to a doctor who doesn't know me how exactly I injured my self and how the renewal happened.
In all the ways you have been injured, will the finnish langugae work? Or will you have to explain in other languages, in order to explain everything and yourself?

I hope you are ok.
__________________
Ride.........ride on the dragons breath
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      10-30-2018, 05:50 PM   #290
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
In all the ways you have been injured, will the finnish langugae work? Or will you have to explain in other languages, in order to explain everything and yourself?

I hope you are ok.
Lol!

I'm pretty far from okay. The ribs are being a bitch and some sucker attached to them are cramping like crazy. I really should call a cab and get to the er and beg for stronger relaxants but of course I don't since all meds scare the crap out of me.

If this is this bad in the morning, I might have to reconsider.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?

Last edited by Lups; 10-31-2018 at 01:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #291
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
1and1's Avatar
United_States
1590
Rep
1,513
Posts

Drives: faster than he should...
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Tally, FL

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'09 135i  [5.00]
Good thing you're not in the USA!
ER's here would give you some advil and suggest that you need rehab for your drug problem....

((sigh))

Lups, I wish I was half the man you are. Can't imagine swinging a shovel, much less a sledge hammer, with broken ribs...
__________________
1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD / xHP / DCI, PR CP & 7.5" Race IC / N55 mid & Borla
. . WL RSFI, Koni, Eibach & Dinan CP's, M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      10-31-2018, 12:27 AM   #292
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Good thing you're not in the USA!
ER's here would give you some advil and suggest that you need rehab for your drug problem....

((sigh))

Lups, I wish I was half the man you are. Can't imagine swinging a shovel, much less a sledge hammer, with broken ribs...
Here we have a system where every doctor sees from their computer all the meds ever subscribed to a person as well as all previous medical information. That makes it pretty hard to con doctors.

I can have a beer or four, even whiskey when I've had a week filled with huge successes in stupidity but meds scare the living shit out of me. It's irrational, and my uncle who specializes in ligaments and other shit I have zero vocabulary for has made a point about showing up to the house almost daily to ask if I've kicked out the stupid from me already. Only when I couldn't breath or talk thanks to this cramping thing I asked him for muscle relaxants and since the box has a triangle warning label on them, I stored them above a closet I can't reach now.

I know, I'm a real fucking hero.

Thanks for the ego boost! If it's any help I can deal with most little injuries but even mild hike in body temperature sends me under the blankets. I turn in to a pathetic sniffling mess every time. I make all men look like true heroes in their manflus.



Two hours of some sleep done, no ER since I couldn't reach my phone to call a cab.


Anyway, I'm putting tiles on to the kitchen today and if I can move maybe help out the father-in-law in his quest of making even one of our bathrooms a fully functioning one. One has lights and no seat, one has water but no light or a seat, one has a seat but no water or light. The one bathroom that's functioning is in original shape and so ugly I can't make myself go there without a sledge hammer which I'm sad to report I'm banned from using again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 08:28 AM   #293
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
7087
Rep
1,888
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Two hours of some sleep done, no ER since I couldn't reach my phone to call a cab.


Anyway, I'm putting tiles on to the kitchen today and if I can move maybe help out the father-in-law in his quest of making even one of our bathrooms a fully functioning one. One has lights and no seat, one has water but no light or a seat, one has a seat but no water or light. The one bathroom that's functioning is in original shape and so ugly I can't make myself go there without a sledge hammer which I'm sad to report I'm banned from using again.
So let's recap:

1. You are in pain. Check.

2. The renos are in a stage of completion where no room is quite usuable yet. Check.

Hmmm...something is missing here. Needs to be a trifecta in order to be perfect.

Oh wait, I have it. Has your father in law ever watched Caligula or whatever that movie is that is basically soft porn? Maybe you could ask him to describe it for you, scene by scene.

Then your misery would be complete. Trifecta!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      10-31-2018, 09:20 AM   #294
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
So let's recap:

1. You are in pain. Check.

2. The renos are in a stage of completion where no room is quite usuable yet. Check.

Hmmm...something is missing here. Needs to be a trifecta in order to be perfect.

Oh wait, I have it. Has your father in law ever watched Caligula or whatever that movie is that is basically soft porn? Maybe you could ask him to describe it for you, scene by scene.

Then your misery would be complete. Trifecta!
You sir are cruel!

Caligula. I've had so much fun thanks to that movie I truly hope my fil will never watch it.

I have three bedrooms done, kitchen done (well, functioning), sitting area done (and covered in stuff currently).



That's my living room...



This is my pile room. It used to be a bedroom but as you can see, bed is a detail, piles are the thing and I basically dump shit there when I don't know or care what's in the bags.

Just let me know if you want to see an other room formerly called a bedroom. That one is called pile room 2. I know, I should win awards for my ability to name things.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7086.50

      10-31-2018, 09:48 AM   #295
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
7087
Rep
1,888
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi S6
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

That guy in the pic looks like a dead ringer for a guy I used to live with back in the university days. So crazy. I know its not him, he's working in the States now, but still.

We used to call his car Tripod. Mostly because he forgot to tighten one of his wheels (actually, probably all of them) one time and lost a wheel completely when he exited the highway. Fortunately, the wheel just went into the ditch and was reasonably low speed that he was able to muscle the car off to the side of the road.

Both he and his dad were pretty mechanically inclined in spite of that, had to be with the car he drove (1980's BMW 318 ti I think). One time when I knew his dad was coming down to help him fix his car again, I snuck out and taped a large DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) sign onto his front windshield. His dad was less than impressed, so I felt a little bad about my actions.

He was a good guy though, real heart for others. Least he was until he lived with me for a while. My antics put him through the ringer, but it was still good times, and despite the crap we pulled we both still graduated and found good jobs so there's that.

So what's the ETA on the renos being done then - any ideas?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Joe's mind and vocabulary are much like being served something that you don't want to swallow on a 24k gold platter.....with 5 star service.
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      10-31-2018, 10:35 AM   #296
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
That guy in the pic looks like a dead ringer for a guy I used to live with back in the university days. So crazy. I know its not him, he's working in the States now, but still.

We used to call his car Tripod. Mostly because he forgot to tighten one of his wheels (actually, probably all of them) one time and lost a wheel completely when he exited the highway. Fortunately, the wheel just went into the ditch and was reasonably low speed that he was able to muscle the car off to the side of the road.

Both he and his dad were pretty mechanically inclined in spite of that, had to be with the car he drove (1980's BMW 318 ti I think). One time when I knew his dad was coming down to help him fix his car again, I snuck out and taped a large DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) sign onto his front windshield. His dad was less than impressed, so I felt a little bad about my actions.

He was a good guy though, real heart for others. Least he was until he lived with me for a while. My antics put him through the ringer, but it was still good times, and despite the crap we pulled we both still graduated and found good jobs so there's that.

So what's the ETA on the renos being done then - any ideas?
Ha! You sure have an effect on people that's for sure.

All deadlines have been busted multiple times by now. Since most of the interior and exterior was meant to be done by me, and I have fallen to bits and pieces. Honestly, I thought I'd be done by now especially since the fil has retired and we work together really well.

My new guesstimate is Christmas. I can forget about hauling around stuff for a while now so I can forget about things like doing my bedroom (redoing floors, cieling) I can't finish the basement since concrete and tiles, no chance of redoing the stairs because a crowbar is not my pall atm.

This has been a complete fucking shit show. I'm used to working pretty much round the clock and now the max seems to be 12 hours and even then everything is done so slowly it's embarrassing.

Not sure how this will go tho, the last time I decided to take it easy, the next morning I blew up a fireplace with a sledge hammer. Now, finally the cramp is easing off and it's hard to picture not doing anything for let's say for two days. I'm so fucking bored I actually considered ironing curtains.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7086.50

      10-31-2018, 10:38 AM   #297
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
1989
Rep
2,479
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Just set it on fire
Appreciate 1
UncleWede11215.00

      10-31-2018, 01:20 PM   #298
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Just set it on fire
Maybe a room or two but not the whole place!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #299
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

14,87 k spent. I have three bathrooms, a sauna, two bedrooms and the entire basement to go.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #300
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)



Now you know you've had an epic week when someone else is drinking a cold one by the fire and all you get is some pills and water.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 06:15 AM   #301
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Who ever invented ironing was a sick fuck and I hope someone burned his face off with an ironing thingy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
wrickem1502.00

      11-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #302
bosstones
Major
685
Rep
1,385
Posts

Drives: o_0
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
[IMG]
Now you know you've had an epic week when someone else is drinking a cold one by the fire and all you get is some pills and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Who ever invented ironing was a sick fuck and I hope someone burned his face off with an ironing thingy.
Assumptions:
1. the water was warm, not cold
2. you tried ironing after taking pills
3. said pills were not a good combo with something requiring sufficient motor skills to not burn people/things

I hope this doesn't mean the iron burnt the reno down.
__________________
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      11-05-2018, 01:00 AM   #303
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Assumptions:
1. the water was warm, not cold
2. you tried ironing after taking pills
3. said pills were not a good combo with something requiring sufficient motor skills to not burn people/things

I hope this doesn't mean the iron burnt the reno down.
I have a friend who loves ironing and I've never understood that perversion of hers. I can pretty much watch paint dry but ironing is too boring for me!

Yesterday was my first completely meds free day. It was wonderful, I went to sauna, had a beer (or three) walked around like a human, even walked my stupid dog. The ironing attempt was the only wrinkle in my first day back as a semi human. It was extremely boring for the whole ten minutes I experimented with it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #304
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
Kev312's Avatar
United_States
236
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 320i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Sounds like you need an ironing-boy.
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      11-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #305
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
1989
Rep
2,479
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
Sounds like you need an ironing-boy.
I am surprised a bunch of male posters have not already tried to volunteer...
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 04:01 PM   #306
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11215
Rep
8,800
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Because ironing-boys aren't supposed to wear speedos to work?
Appreciate 1
Lups11529.50

      11-05-2018, 04:25 PM   #307
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
11530
Rep
15,180
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev312 View Post
Sounds like you need an ironing-boy.
This is the best idea ever given to me via this forum since the pool boy search of 2014!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Because ironing-boys aren't supposed to wear speedos to work?
I love the title, it also translates well to other languages do I can finally brush up my little German, and perhaps Swedish.

It's been about five days since the last bloody cramp started and I'm seriously bored out of my mind. The fil came in to work on a bathroom this morning and the man had the balls to laugh at my whiny ass since this time around I am actually trying to heal and not go straight in when I start feeling better. The fire place takedown was educational apparently.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #308
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
11215
Rep
8,800
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
It's been about five days since the last bloody cramp started
Aren't there medical advances that can help with that "monthly condition" these days? Midol comes to mind as a brand I've heard advertised.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST