Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

06-13-2021, 12:46 PM   #67
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
So I imagine that the board says: "we're willing to take some risks, but we don't want to corrupt the DNA of the brand. Come with 3 designs, be ready to motivate and explain, and then we choose the one to develop in consent." Correct?

Then Dukec and Van hooydonck returned with this design and motivated it like this: 20% likes it and 80% not and that's ok since we don't design for the masses, it's polarizing and provocative it will devide enthousiasts like never before, a lot of the current owners will be shocked, in the process we ditched most of the typical BMW stuff and used a lot of Asian stuff from Lexus and even Infinity, we didn't organise clinics since people always complain, we also reflected on the marketing campaign and we believe that we should target dragonball Z gamers and we can stirr up the controversy with campaigns like "boomer, you'd better evolve since you are too conservative".

Then the board votes and concludes: "Yes, we want this!". LOL
You need to understand the enthusiast is not the target.

California is full of customers leasing a Z4 or 3 Series for close to 1K per month! Just take a look at any lease trade homepage.

The enthusiast will complain about the horse power bump for the S58

The regular BMW consumer is not an enthusiast and registered in this forum!
Appreciate 1
soheil64.50
      06-13-2021, 03:11 PM   #68
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
You need to understand the enthusiast is not the target.

California is full of customers leasing a Z4 or 3 Series for close to 1K per month! Just take a look at any lease trade homepage.

The enthusiast will complain about the horse power bump for the S58

The regular BMW consumer is not an enthusiast and registered in this forum!
Yes, I understand, but I still don't believe it's a good idea for a brand like BMW to alienate such a big part of their fanbase when it's perfectly not needed. I mean, it's not by alienating your fans that your acquisition of new ones increases.

Also, the repulsion is not only isolated in the fanbase. I keep repeating the own words of Dukec: 20% likes it, and that's enough.
Appreciate 1
Teutonic2709.00
      06-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #69
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I understand, but I still don't believe it's a good idea for a brand like BMW to alienate such a big part of their fanbase when it's perfectly not needed. I mean, it's not by alienating your fans that your acquisition of new ones increases.

Also, the repulsion is not only isolated in the fanbase. I keep repeating the own words of Dukec: 20% likes it, and that's enough.
Plenty of smart people in and outside the company spend tons of time before the decision was made, believe it or not.

They have just one goal, sell the product... Product is selling well btw...

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...es?language=en
Appreciate 1
soheil64.50
      06-13-2021, 06:36 PM   #70
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Jeez no reason to be so mean again it's not the design staff these decisions come from the top.

We just execute what they want..

It's like how the public hate an actor that played a villain so well it affects their real life where people spit at their feet thinking that's who they really are.

So I imagine that the board says: "we're willing to take some risks, but we don't want to corrupt the DNA of the brand. Come with 3 designs, be ready to motivate and explain, and then we choose the one to develop in consent." Correct?

Then Dukec and Van hooydonck returned with this design and motivated it like this: 20% likes it and 80% not and that's ok since we don't design for the masses, it's polarizing and provocative it will devide enthousiasts like never before, a lot of the current owners will be shocked, in the process we ditched most of the typical BMW stuff and used a lot of Asian stuff from Lexus and even Infinity, we didn't organise clinics since people always complain, we also reflected on the marketing campaign and we believe that we should target dragonball Z gamers and we can stirr up the controversy with campaigns like "boomer, you'd better evolve since you are too conservative".

Then the board votes and concludes: "Yes, we want this!". LOL
Actually believe it or it that's how the 1994 Dodge Ram was designed when it changed to the semi truck inspired high hood and low fenders.

They had the feedback of focus groups and it only had 2% approval rate and everyone hated it.....

Well they took a risk and went with it anyway.

Did it pay off?

Not saying BMW current direction is in any way like that but it does show you how sometimes companies do take risks that the general public hates and then it becomes a data point in the general history and becomes loved and that's how the things like the hofmeister kink become reality.

It got to start with something.

Hopefully they heed their fans feedback and things evolve. We shall see. This could be a foot note or a full embodiment of things to come.

If sales drop and people stop buying you better believe things will change fast.

But as others have said. I'm sure it will sell and just lets watch the numbers
Appreciate 2
      06-13-2021, 11:00 PM   #71
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

So excited for this to hit the showroom floor!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #72
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Plenty of smart people in and outside the company spend tons of time before the decision was made, believe it or not.

I can tell you from very reliable sources that ALL care sales spiked due to Corona Virus. The fear that you might share the public transportation ride with other people induced a certain phobia in majority of people. Circumstances contributed tremendously to those sales.
I am waiting to see the sales numbers per model.

Regardless, even if this M will sell, I will never buy one. If the LCI will fix that grill and the rear doors/fender area, I might look at it.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 09:58 AM   #73
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I can tell you from very reliable sources that ALL care sales spiked due to Corona Virus. The fear that you might share the public transportation ride with other people induced a certain phobia in majority of people. Circumstances contributed tremendously to those sales.
I am waiting to see the sales numbers per model.

Regardless, even if this M will sell, I will never buy one. If the LCI will fix that grill and the rear doors/fender area, I might look at it.
People who used public transportation before are not buying brand new BMW's now...lol

Really?

BMW is very successful and couple "enthusiast" E9x driver's will not change that.

Everyone welcome to 2021
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 12:43 AM   #74
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
People who used public transportation before are not buying brand new BMW's now...lol

Really?

BMW is very successful and couple "enthusiast" E9x driver's will not change that.

Everyone welcome to 2021
LOL,

First of all public transportation is for everyone and many people use it. The presumtion that only poor people are using this kind of transportation is just wrong and naive. I have friends that own Ferrari’s and some very fancy cars but they take the train to downtown as is fast and avoids all the bumper to bumper traffic. (Not to mention downtown parking conditions).

Secondly, BMW sold a lot of CPO cars as well as new. However, the point is that many owners traded in their old ride for top dollar and bought new ones. I had several opportunities and consistent calls to sell one of my bimmers for top dollar except I am not interested.

Third, the info about shortage in chips was out long time ago and many BMW dealers sold a lot of vehiclesthat were already in stock because a lot of factory orders came with information that the vehicles will lack some options due to shortage of supplies. So some accepted or bought what was available or close to what they want.

Fourth, I know people that were forced by circumstances and could not find the vehicle they are looking for and bought a total different brand, including BMW.
BMW however had some well stocked warehouses in terms of electronic components and was hit way later than others. But now is reaching them too.

There is a lot of problems with cars shortage right now and everybody knows it. The used car market was and still is hot and people are looking to buy used cars as mentioned above due to fear or imposed social limitations. But the shortage of good SH vehicles also pushed the sales for new cars as many could not find something satisfying.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ar?language=en

https://www.washtimesherald.com/news...d8e435f92.html

Last edited by Teutonic; 06-16-2021 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 08:10 PM   #75
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LOL,

First of all public transportation is for everyone and many people use it. The presumtion that only poor people are using this kind of transportation is just wrong and naive. I have friends that own Ferrari’s and some very fancy cars but they take the train to downtown as is fast and avoids all the bumper to bumper traffic. (Not to mention downtown parking conditions).

Secondly, BMW sold a lot of CPO cars as well as new. However, the point is that many owners traded in their old ride for top dollar and bought new ones. I had several opportunities and consistent calls to sell one of my bimmers for top dollar except I am not interested.

Third, the info about shortage in chips was out long time ago and many BMW dealers sold a lot of vehiclesthat were already in stock because a lot of factory orders came with information that the vehicles will lack some options due to shortage of supplies. So some accepted or bought what was available or close to what they want.

Fourth, I know people that were forced by circumstances and could not find the vehicle they are looking for and bought a total different brand, including BMW.
BMW however had some well stocked warehouses in terms of electronic components and was hit way later than others. But now is reaching them too.

There is a lot of problems with cars shortage right now and everybody knows it. The used car market was and still is hot and people are looking to buy used cars as mentioned above due to fear or imposed social limitations. But the shortage of good SH vehicles also pushed the sales for new cars as many could not find something satisfying.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...ar?language=en

https://www.washtimesherald.com/news...d8e435f92.html
No idea where you live, speaking for the bay area only...

I see the same people before, during and after the pandemic in public transportation.
Nothing wrong with that tbh!

For your friends, why would they buy now a BMW if they own already "fancy" cars?

BMW doing well, take it or leave it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 12:10 AM   #76
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
For your friends, why would they buy now a BMW if they own already "fancy" cars?
Man, I never said what are you suggesting. Not only there are numbered distinct paragraphs in there but you should read my text properly...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 09:56 AM   #77
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Man, I never said what are you suggesting. Not only there are numbered distinct paragraphs in there but you should read my text properly...
Why would I waste my time again?

Saying BMW is successful because people stopped using public transportation is silly

Last edited by LOW4LYF; 06-17-2021 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 10:49 AM   #78
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Why would I waste my time again?

Saying BMW is successful because people stopped using public transportation is silly
Are you a woman?
I never said what you are implying.
I said that “”all car sales spiked “ as the “current circumstances contributed tremedously to these sales”.
I also gave you an official BMW link to read but obviously, you like to twist peoples words the way you see fit.
SMH...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 12:18 PM   #79
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Are you a woman?
While you were challenging the other poster's credibility, you just gave up your own with this sexist nonsense.

Will both of you please just stop? No further replies desired.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
Archer-s247.00
      06-17-2021, 12:55 PM   #80
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Are you a woman?
I never said what you are implying.
I said that “”all car sales spiked “ as the “current circumstances contributed tremedously to these sales”.
I also gave you an official BMW link to read but obviously, you like to twist peoples words the way you see fit.
SMH...
Are you asking me out?

Like mentioned by the user above... Getting off topic too much!

As for my part I can't wait to get my lady ass in the I4 and test drive it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 09:40 PM   #81
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Are you asking me out?
Sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
While you were challenging the other poster's credibility, you just gave up your own with this sexist nonsense.

Will both of you please just stop? No further replies desired.
LOL, there is nothing sexist about anything. The North American society got too soft and too questionable about everything... and that is really concerning...
Man up and take things as they are. Ever heard of "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus"? It was a figure of speech anyway, but if you did not get it its okay.

Sorry for the off topic.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 06:10 AM   #82
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

Not feeling it. What happened to the designers of the i8?! This thing looks terrible w that grill
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 01:13 PM   #83
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:

Lets see. Plenty of smart people at Xerox; at Polaroid; at lucent; the list can go on. But where are these companies now?
Appreciate 0