BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

11-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #45
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

This is what the i3 should have looked like from day one!

Why cant hybrids and electric cars be cool and sexy looking?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 10:11 PM   #46
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

I like the i3 a lot too, but I don't want one. Not yet at least, because I want my last new car for me to be the M2. If I can get one CPO down the line, I'll bite.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #47
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Nah Sayers

To all those that keep having negative comments about the i3........

It can be explained to you many times, but you can't be made to understand it.

Especially negative comments about something never experienced is just wrong. Looks on the other hand are so personal that it does not matter.
      11-23-2015, 04:57 PM   #48
skeeter
Rep
Drives: 03 M3, 04 330ci ZHP, 15 i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
Seriously?

I sold my ZHP to buy one. You really should go drive one before blasting it for no good reason. WTF?

You and others talking smack here would be very surprised how many M3, ZHP and other top notch BMW owners sold their top notch cars and bought i3's.
Yup, right there with you. Traded in a 4.6is for an i3 BEV just 2 weeks ago. Couldn't be happier.

That being said, the e46 M3 and ZHP coupe are still home in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 05:50 AM   #49
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
"The Ultimate Driving Machine" LOLL
How many have you driven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Yep. It's ugly. No matter how much makeup and perfume you put on it, it's ugly.

U-G-L-Y, BMW should have let it die. It's ugly! It's ugly!
Actually it's fugly.

Oh, and BMW got that mobility program from Fiat.
I have a Fiat 500e and they offer free rentals so you can go on weekend trips.
You have a Fiat 500e and you think the i3 is ugly? People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, have you looked at that dash in the Fiat? WTF? It looks like a woman's birth control compaq. That car is defiantly marketed towards women; on the flip side, have you seen the interior on the i3? Its AMAZING. Especially Tera World with professional nav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
This is what the i3 should have looked like from day one!

Why cant hybrids and electric cars be cool and sexy looking?
They are coming! X5 PHEV is available now, 330e is coming, new 7er PHEV is coming, new X1 PHEV is coming. BMW will soon offer PHEV on every model, including M's eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
To all those that keep having negative comments about the i3........

It can be explained to you many times, but you can't be made to understand it.

Especially negative comments about something never experienced is just wrong. Looks on the other hand are so personal that it does not matter.
Thanks for the backup! Amazing how such an advanced car that doesn't pollute can be hated so bad. I just don't get it. You don't have to buy one, just like you don't have to buy a 7er Li or an X6, that doesn't mean you have to have post such fowl things about it online. Its frustrating sometimes to live in a world where everybody thinks their opinion matters. Sorry but it really doesn't, just because you have access to discussions doesn't mean your opinion matters. This can be a blanket statement for hot topics online and on FB as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Yup, right there with you. Traded in a 4.6is for an i3 BEV just 2 weeks ago. Couldn't be happier.

That being said, the e46 M3 and ZHP coupe are still home in the garage.
I wanted a 4.6/4.8is in Imola Red to match my ZHP for so long. What is unfortunate is that those trucks, as well as the e46's, just don't stay new forever. I wish I could have kept my ZHP and bought the i3 but I got WAY too much money for my ZHP (private all cash sale). I had to take the money and run. If you haven't joined the i3 FB group, I highly recommend it. Its a bit chatty but a great resource, there are several i3 forums and none of them seem to be that active yet, but the FB group is very active.

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 02:33 PM   #50
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c-
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency
I understand this car and the reason for it's existence. if you open your mind to the possibility that most people commute less than 80 miles daily (work, shopping, etc.) then why not have this in your garage and an M3/4/5/6 as your weekend plaything? The carbon fibre technology in the i3 is light years ahead of its time and has set the stage for the next generation of M cars. Please allow me to be clear, if you had stated that I would be an advocate for a vehicle like the i3 5 years ago, I would have doused you in gasoline and provided an incendiary device to you free of charge. What changed my mind? Realizing that I have an LX570 sitting in the driveway, and several Landcruisers preceding that and understanding that I require the utility of a large SUV, perhaps once a year, forced me to pause. Additionally, an i3 pulled up next to me in traffic yesterday, and I (again) was impressed with the fit, finish and dare I say, size of the vehicle? I took a second glance at the coiffed mature blond female at the wheel and realized that she was driving solo, much like the rest of us in the traffic that day. Why did any of us need a 6000lb+ SUV to get us to our destination? OK, simmer down, like the rest of you on this board, I drive what I want, not what I need, but it started to make sense to me. Having returned from Rome several days earlier and witnessing the absolute engineering ecstasy of small European cars must have weakened my resolve you say, but no, not at all. Believe me when I say to you that I live in peril, as do you (I know Mr/Mrs OCD BMW Owner), of the the soccer mom/football dad in the F150 EcoBoost (Supercharged for those of you in San Francisco) quad cab barreling into a 5 lane intersection while sending a group text to their 4 children about dinner plans involving Domino's Pizza/Pizza Hut delivery "tipping instructions". At this point I would rather be in my LX570, anticipating the collision would be scary, but the i3 and my LX570 have similar NHSTA safety ratings, so WTF? The most brilliant idea with respect to the i3 is the carbon fiber "tub", much like an F1 car it is almost impenetrable, so I'll take one, immediately. I intend to partake in BMW's electric future, I won't decry their move in this direction, as I understand that they will always provide access to their avant grade design (i8) no matter what powers their cars.
Not to mention if your dealer provides the mobility service, you can borrow an X5 when you need to or go on large trips .

My dealer gives me the loaded 5 series and new X5 for my Michigan trips when I need them and all I pay for is the Gas. That made the i3 purchase an even easier sell.

Excited to see what new i vehicle will look like coming down the pipeline!
What's the story on this?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2015, 03:35 PM   #51
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c-
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiofrequency
I understand this car and the reason for it's existence. if you open your mind to the possibility that most people commute less than 80 miles daily (work, shopping, etc.) then why not have this in your garage and an M3/4/5/6 as your weekend plaything? The carbon fibre technology in the i3 is light years ahead of its time and has set the stage for the next generation of M cars. Please allow me to be clear, if you had stated that I would be an advocate for a vehicle like the i3 5 years ago, I would have doused you in gasoline and provided an incendiary device to you free of charge. What changed my mind? Realizing that I have an LX570 sitting in the driveway, and several Landcruisers preceding that and understanding that I require the utility of a large SUV, perhaps once a year, forced me to pause. Additionally, an i3 pulled up next to me in traffic yesterday, and I (again) was impressed with the fit, finish and dare I say, size of the vehicle? I took a second glance at the coiffed mature blond female at the wheel and realized that she was driving solo, much like the rest of us in the traffic that day. Why did any of us need a 6000lb+ SUV to get us to our destination? OK, simmer down, like the rest of you on this board, I drive what I want, not what I need, but it started to make sense to me. Having returned from Rome several days earlier and witnessing the absolute engineering ecstasy of small European cars must have weakened my resolve you say, but no, not at all. Believe me when I say to you that I live in peril, as do you (I know Mr/Mrs OCD BMW Owner), of the the soccer mom/football dad in the F150 EcoBoost (Supercharged for those of you in San Francisco) quad cab barreling into a 5 lane intersection while sending a group text to their 4 children about dinner plans involving Domino's Pizza/Pizza Hut delivery "tipping instructions". At this point I would rather be in my LX570, anticipating the collision would be scary, but the i3 and my LX570 have similar NHSTA safety ratings, so WTF? The most brilliant idea with respect to the i3 is the carbon fiber "tub", much like an F1 car it is almost impenetrable, so I'll take one, immediately. I intend to partake in BMW's electric future, I won't decry their move in this direction, as I understand that they will always provide access to their avant grade design (i8) no matter what powers their cars.
Not to mention if your dealer provides the mobility service, you can borrow an X5 when you need to or go on large trips .

My dealer gives me the loaded 5 series and new X5 for my Michigan trips when I need them and all I pay for is the Gas. That made the i3 purchase an even easier sell.

Excited to see what new i vehicle will look like coming down the pipeline!
What's the story on this?
http://evobsession.com/bmw-flexible-...gets-upgraded/
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #52
Rennsport3.2
Judge Hank "The Hangman" BMW
Rep
Drives: Sweet BMX bike w/ mags & pegs

I personally cannot wait to start seeing well-driven i3s at BMWCCA autocross events absolutely destryoing ///M cars with blowhard owners. If I had the means, I would absolutely have an i3 as a daily.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 05:14 PM   #53
skeeter
Rep
Drives: 03 M3, 04 330ci ZHP, 15 i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post

I wanted a 4.6/4.8is in Imola Red to match my ZHP for so long. What is unfortunate is that those trucks, as well as the e46's, just don't stay new forever. I wish I could have kept my ZHP and bought the i3 but I got WAY too much money for my ZHP (private all cash sale). I had to take the money and run. If you haven't joined the i3 FB group, I highly recommend it. Its a bit chatty but a great resource, there are several i3 forums and none of them seem to be that active yet, but the FB group is very active.
Amen to that. The 4.6 was on its last legs, and it was a well taken care of truck. The sliver check alcantara interior was flawless and the thing was a beast. Unfortunately, one frayed wire somewhere kept throwing up errors and forcing the thing into limp mode. Any real diagnosis and repair would exceed the value of the vehicle (pity for an Alpina engined street beast).

The ZHP is an 04 Coupe with no options except for xenons. No sunroof or anything, just 6 on the floor and it looks like it did on day 1 from the dealer. By far, the best car I've driven.

I was pretty active on the forums (e46fanatics, bimmerforums) in my teens and 20's but times have changed, and also I don't have a facebook, just insta.
Appreciate 0