02-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #68
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut
2016 will be a short year for the i3

So what are the sum total of the changes expected for the i3 update? Simply more range? Features? Would love to see a bigger dash display!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 10:55 PM   #69
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
So what are the sum total of the changes expected for the i3 update? Simply more range? Features? Would love to see a bigger dash display!
Few facts, just many rumors at this point.
The only fact is that June is the last production month for MY'16, and MY'17 i3s will start rolling out in the month of July: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1082153

Beyond that, the following changes are expected:
- 120 miles range from 94 Ah Cells: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/19/2...lectric-range/
- upgraded iDrive and Nav software (touch UI is rumored)
- WiFi hotspot service (optional)
- HUD (optional)
- ???

a
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 12:18 AM   #70
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Quote:

New Colors.

Apple Car Play.

Moonroof Option.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 04:10 PM   #71
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev
Quote:
Few facts, just many rumors at this point.
The only fact is that June is the last production month for MY'16, and MY'17 i3s will start rolling out in the month of July: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1082153

Beyond that, the following changes are expected:
- 120 miles range from 94 Ah Cells: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/19/2...lectric-range/
- upgraded iDrive and Nav software (touch UI is rumored)
- WiFi hotspot service (optional)
- HUD (optional)
- ???

a
Now those I would be very happy with!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #72
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

New Colors.

Apple Car Play.

Moonroof Option.
These would not get me very excited.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 04:22 PM   #73
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

There is now a i3S coming.

That gets me excited, big time.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #74
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:
There is now a i3S coming.

That gets me excited, big time.

Quote:
What's the story there?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #75
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

More rubber on the tarmac for the love of God!

Sport driving mode. Go figure!

Quote:
What's the story there?
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2016, 04:29 PM   #76
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Sport driving mode.

Quote:
What's the story there?
Very nice!

I had a Model S for an extended test drive this weekend and it reinforced my desire to have either a full BEV or at least a range extended hybrid as my next car.
Appreciate 1
ORIGIN M.3160.50
      03-14-2016, 10:43 PM   #77
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Sport driving mode.

Quote:
What's the story there?
Very nice!

I had a Model S for an extended test drive this weekend and it reinforced my desire to have either a full BEV or at least a range extended hybrid as my next car.
No doubt about it.

For daily driving BEV is the way to.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 11:38 AM   #78
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

So figured the first 2017 will get rolled out in June/July. How is the pricing expected to changed? In talks with the bmw sales personal yesterday, he said there will be the current model as well as the larger battery model... both will be available with REX. Is that true? Im interested in the model with the larger battery
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2016, 11:59 PM   #79
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Production starts in July. Both batteries are a given, however both with a REx is hard to say. If anything they will start that way, and remove a REx model based on the least selling of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny View Post
So figured the first 2017 will get rolled out in June/July. How is the pricing expected to changed? In talks with the bmw sales personal yesterday, he said there will be the current model as well as the larger battery model... both will be available with REX. Is that true? Im interested in the model with the larger battery
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #80
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Production starts in July. Both batteries are a given, however both with a REx is hard to say. If anything they will start that way, and remove a REx model based on the least selling of the two.
I actually cant wait for the true 2017 spec to come out with pricing. After test driving the i3, i get excited just thinking about it but the range is my limiting factor right now.. even with the REX.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 02:39 PM   #81
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny
Looks like 4 i3's will go on sale starting July'16: BEV and REX, each with the old (60Ah) and the new (94Ah that gives ~120 mile range on BEV) batteries.

Since REX is outselling BEV by a good margin in the US, it's highly unlikely that both REX models will be going anywhere other than into dealer showrooms.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/bm...ies-and-range/

Quote:
For daily driving BEV is the way to.
That depends entirely on your average commute distance, it's variance, and how many other cars you own.
In my case, BEV (old or new) would never earn a spot in my garage. Though, Model 3 just might.

a
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #82
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

Screw commuting to far, telecommute, maybe move, or hell maybe a new Job.

Model 3 Model 3 Model 3... It will be the size of the A4. To large for a City Car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Looks like 4 i3's will go on sale starting July'16: BEV and REX, each with the old (60Ah) and the new (94Ah that gives ~120 mile range on BEV) batteries.

Since REX is outselling BEV by a good margin in the US, it's highly unlikely that both REX models will be going anywhere other than into dealer showrooms.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/bm...ies-and-range/

That depends entirely on your average commute distance, it's variance, and how many other cars you own.
In my case, BEV (old or new) would never earn a spot in my garage. Though, Model 3 just might.

a
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #83
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennsport3.2
Quote:
The Leaf SL Premium kills the i3 with 4 cameras on its around view camera. Back up camera is standard.

Try getting either in any BMW for $40K. You can not.
Point taken, but I was moreso referring to interior materials. The Leaf just feels like an average B-segment Japanese compact inside (Not a bad thing, but I expect more for $30k). The i3 - at least in Mega World trim (what a silly name for a package) - felt like a premium car inside, at least to me. Not a difference that shows up on a list of standard equipment, but a difference in the way the interior feels and how the car presents itself. You can get a low-end car absolutely packed with gadgets, but it will still feel cheap inside.
Speaking of the feel of the interior.

My 35 year old niece got in the car for the first time last week. We were going to meet clients to show a house.

She admires good design and is quite creative and stylish .

She was immediately impressed, 'oh my gosh - real wood' , ' I love the seats, It feels like this car is a well tailored man'.

I enjoy the interior as well. I was originally hell bent on the full leather. Actually, I'm very satisfied with the mega trim. I've noticed I need to clean and condition the leather as I see some hint of my jeans rubbing off. Typical of any leather really. I've had mins since Halloween last year and do enjoy the car and have adjusted well to electric life. I had to put gas in last week. First time in six weeks nearly broke by heart. I was even a little ticked at myself. But I was forced to. Only nine mile range and a close to ten mile commute. I only charge at work.

Other plus. I enjoy the set cost of car my payment. And two year lease.
      03-20-2016, 03:35 PM   #84
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

[QUOTE=135iUSN][QUOTE=Rennsport3.2]
Quote:
The Leaf SL Premium kills the i3 with 4 cameras on its around view camera. Back up camera is standard.

Anyway the back up camera will be standard in all newly introduced vehicles in 2016 as part of a new regulation by the government. (Newly introduced not current)

You could throw in every camera in the world in a leaf and try and make it as premium as you want but it will never help the fact that it looks like a boiled toad.

The reason why all that it optional is to help lower the cost of the car to a particular price point and to fit a particular profit margin. The base materials are way more expensive in an i3 than a leaf so the cost has to come from somewhere. I can get a Kia with almost every piece of technology that a BMW has for half the price. But it's a Kia at the end of the day. Sooo comparing the leaf and the i3 is funny as yes they all have four wheels and are electric but it's materials and badge makes it very far from the leaf. The interior of the leaf is plastic hell.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #85
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep

[QUOTE=-c-][QUOTE=135iUSN]
Quote:
Quote:

Anyway the back up camera will be standard in all newly introduced vehicles in 2016 as part of a new regulation by the government. (Newly introduced not current)

You could throw in every camera in the world in a leaf and try and make it as premium as you want but it will never help the fact that it looks like a boiled toad.

The reason why all that it optional is to help lower the cost of the car to a particular price point and to fit a particular profit margin. The base materials are way more expensive in an i3 than a leaf so the cost has to come from somewhere. I can get a Kia with almost every piece of technology that a BMW has for half the price. But it's a Kia at the end of the day. Sooo comparing the leaf and the i3 is funny as yes they all have four wheels and are electric but it's materials and badge makes it very far from the leaf. The interior of the leaf is plastic hell.
Sure Sure Sure

BMW charges a arm and leg for everything

It's a premium car majority of that shit should be standard. 4 cameras is better than 1 !
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #86
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

[QUOTE=red-sauerkraut][QUOTE=-c-]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iUSN
Quote:
Quote:

Sure Sure Sure

BMW charges a arm and leg for everything

It's a premium car majority of that shit should be standard. 4 cameras is better than 1 !
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #87
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:
Source...Automotive News

BMW will boost the range of its i3 electric car by about 50% for the 2016.5 model year.

This summer, the lithium ion battery pack of the compact EV will be improved, "which puts it into a much more usable range," Ian Robertson, BMW AG board member for sales and marketing, told Automotive News at the Detroit auto show.

BMW doesn't have the exact figure yet, but a 50 percent increase means about 120 miles on a single charge, up from the current 81 miles. The i3 will get other improvements, which BMW has not yet disclosed.

The improved battery would give the i3 a better range than the Nissan Leaf, the top-selling electric car in the world, which can go up to 107 miles on a single charge.

But it will pale in comparison to that of the upcoming Chevy Bolt, which will have a range of 200 miles and cost less than $30,000 after federal tax credits.

The i3 went on sale in the U.S. in the spring of 2014 and has a base price of $43,350 including shipping. A range extender model is also available -- with about double the range -- and starts at $47,200 including shipping. Those prices are before tax credits.

BMW sold 24,057 i3s worldwide last year, an increase of 50 percent from 2014.

In the United States, BMW sold 11,024 i3s, up from 6,092 in 2014.

Nearly 60 percent of BMW i3's sold were range extender models.

Chunky Merlin you should get one ! I love mine. Maybe it's beyond your means tho but keep saving.
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0