BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

07-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hey guys got the latest update to my BEV and the new software is great, the percentage of charge readout is cool but my range readout is much better, I leave in the morning now with temps in the upper 70's with over 90 miles on the range meter and so far it's holding very close to right on. In some cases its guessing softly, as my 6 miles to work uses only 4 miles of juice.

If it's 60 outside the range is around 80 to 84 mile range.

Also noted the electric range is now visible in the 3d navigation display where it used to have to be straight up and down to show electric range.

The plug still does not disengage if the car is locked and you have a full charge. Still have to unlock it to remove the charger.

Otherwise so far no issues. Somehow it felt peppier than it did before but that's just my imagination since I was without it for a couple days.

Also anybody else use the web browser on their i3 yet ? It's kind of fun to surf the web, not as fast as my phone but cool non the less.

Also found out the pinch and zoom feature on the map nav works well using the touch pad, Nice and smooth.

Fun finding all the cool little features this car has.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Hey guys got the latest update to my BEV and the new software is great, the percentage of charge readout is cool but my range readout is much better, I leave in the morning now with temps in the upper 70's with over 90 miles on the range meter and so far it's holding very close to right on. In some cases its guessing softly, as my 6 miles to work uses only 4 miles of juice.

If it's 60 outside the range is around 80 to 84 mile range.

Also noted the electric range is now visible in the 3d navigation display where it used to have to be straight up and down to show electric range.

The plug still does not disengage if the car is locked and you have a full charge. Still have to unlock it to remove the charger.

Otherwise so far no issues. Somehow it felt peppier than it did before but that's just my imagination since I was without it for a couple days.

Also anybody else use the web browser on their i3 yet ? It's kind of fun to surf the web, not as fast as my phone but cool non the less.

Also found out the pinch and zoom feature on the map nav works well using the touch pad, Nice and smooth.

Fun finding all the cool little features this car has.
Never knew about the pinch and zoom feature on the nav - thanks for the insight!
Appreciate 0